Washington Babies
Options

Moms of Toddlers

I'm having an issue - not a big issue just a "Things that make you go HMMM" kind of thing

Alex has alwys been a good sleeper - I was a single mom so I was the sole care and did everything by the book, and he sleeps like a champ.

Willow is much different.

Now she seems REALLY clingy and attached to me lately (20 months old) but MAN she screams when I leave the room from putting her down for a nap, and screams when I put her down at night and screams when she wakes up in the morning (she STTN though)

Will this end????  It's been going on for quite some time.  I'm worried that this is her sleep habit and when (in about a year) we put her in a toddler bed all I see is her screaming at the door and constantly out of bed...which will not be pretty...I'm a mommy who demands they stay in bed (CIO etc)

I dunno - I guess I'm worrying/analysing a bit early - but I just want the clingy toddler scream thing to end

Easter 2011

Largest selection of Halloween Costumes

Re: Moms of Toddlers

• Options
    I'm no help as I'm not there yet, but you have my sympathy! Is there any chance she's not getting enough sleep and that is contributing to the screaming? I wish I could help!
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Options

Cruz got really clingy for about a month of so around that age.  He would scream and cry when I dropped him off at daycare for an hour or if I left him at home with my folks or even dh.  Insterestingly enough he is now doing a daddy thing where he is starting to choose daddy over me and I let dh gloat because I think the joke is really on him hee hee!

I'm sorry your going through this though cause I know how stressful it is to have them cry like that!

imageimage Brothers! image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, she has been going through A LOT of big changes in her life, with you going to CA, and then moving down there to a new home!  But I think seperation anxiety peaks around this time.  Just give her some time and lots of love and she'll get through it!
    ~Susan Mommy to H 08.07.06, and G 10.11.08, m/c(d&c) 08.10.05 13wks image
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Pregnancy blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"