3rd Trimester
Options

Polite way to say "Please leave me alone..."

I've been on hospital bedrest for 2 weeks now and there's no end in sight!  Needless to say, I'm feeling a bit cranky.  My family has been supportive and really sweet about going out of their way to visit me and try to keep me company.  However, I'm at a point this weekend where I don't really want visitors.  I have no new information to share with them, I'm tired to telling the same updates 10 times, and I feel like I'd rather just be left alone to do some work, read and watch TV.  (Like I said, I'm a bit cranky!)  How can I politely say "No thank you" when I know they are trying to be nice?

Re: Polite way to say "Please leave me alone..."

• Options
    I would say exactly that, basically. I'd just say "I'd rather not have visitors this weekend, but thank you so much for caring as much as you do." You can have DH turn people away if they have the gull to actually come to the hospital after you tell them this.
  • Options

Could you just say you are really tired & need to rest this weekend, and you will call them if anything changes?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just tell them.  Thank them for all they have done and tell them you will call if you need anything or if anything new happens.  I know it's hard when they are just trying to help, but stress just is not something you need right now.  Just promise to visit and show off LO once you are up to it Smile
  • Options

Well, in theory I'd want to be able to say, "I'm tired and would rather be alone." But in reality I can see myself saying, "The doctor says I really need more rest and quiet time. Visitors aren't a good idea. I really appreciate you though and will be in touch with updates." And taking the blame from myself! LOL

GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"