Northern California Babies

Do you like the name Kenzie? all feedback welcome!

Hi...please provide me your suggestion on the name Kenzie? We definitely want a unique name so trying to think of names. We've gotten some both positive and negative feedbacks, so just thought what you ladies think! I am due in 2 weeks so i welcome all comments. By the way our last name also starts with K...just FYI. Thanks!!

Re: Do you like the name Kenzie? all feedback welcome!

• I like it, although my first thought was it sounds like a name for a poodle. Sorry if that sounds silly or harsh. I do like the name regardless. Do you have a middle name to go with it?
  • I like it for a girl - are you having a girl?
  • Loading the player...
  • For a boy or a girl?  Girl... LOVE it!  (Sounds like its short for MacKenzie - a girl I know). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like it for a girl but I would probably name her Mackenzie and call her Kenzie.
  • imageSportyMrs.23:
    I like it for a girl but I would probably name her Mackenzie and call her Kenzie.

Ditto. 

• I like it, but it sounds like a nickname... I like it for a little kid, but am having a hard time imagining it on a resume. BUT if you love it, stick with it! I have a unique name which I *love* (never had to share my name in school... but I do have to spell it for everyone)

• Yes...to clarify. I am expecting a Girl and her name would be Kenzie (not short for McKenzie). I trully appreciate all the feedback, because I really want to see what's the overall view on the name.

On of the things I heard that it's too cute..and may not be good for a grown woman. Anyway, just want to get your thoughts.

I already have a 1.5 year old son, and his name is unique too..so I would like to keep the uniqueness.

Unless there are some unique names you can suggest? : )

• I like Mackenzie, but not a huge fan of Kenzie.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • lately I love the name Ruby ... kind of unique ?
  • imagepainter's_palate:

imageSportyMrs.23:
    I like it for a girl but I would probably name her Mackenzie and call her Kenzie.

Ditto. 

Same here.  

• What about Kendall, Brianna, Claire, Clara, Victoria, Portia, Lana, Bella
  • I think it would be hard.  She would constantly be correcting people saying "no not Kindsey Kenzie...like Ken-Z" and it woudl be mispelled often.

But I'm weird about name pronounciations....it drives me crazy when people mispronounce my name......and I have a freaking easy name.

I do think it would be a cute NN for McKenzie

• I like mackenzie and kenzie as a nickname. I think it seems like a good child/teen name but not so sure for an adult
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imagewe-love-to-try:

I like it, but it sounds like a nickname... I like it for a little kid, but am having a hard time imagining it on a resume. BUT if you love it, stick with it! I have a unique name which I *love* (never had to share my name in school... but I do have to spell it for everyone)

I agree. It's cute, but I can't picture a grown woman named Kenzie. But if YOU love it, then that's all that matters. We're big fans of unique names too. DH and I both have fairly unique names and gave DD one as well, which we found in ancient Greek mythology. I also love French names and classic, old-fashioned names (like from our grandmothers' and great-grandmothers' eras) for girls.

• I'm not a fan but that's just my own opinion.  I agree that it's cute as a nickname but as a grown professional adult, she might want something less cutesy.  I'm a big fan of formal names with smaller nicknames.
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • I think its cute but would vote for having the legal name McKenzie and have her go by Kenzie.
  • imageSweetieP:
    I'm not a fan but that's just my own opinion.  I agree that it's cute as a nickname but as a grown professional adult, she might want something less cutesy.  I'm a big fan of formal names with smaller nicknames.

Agreed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"