Pregnant after 35
Options

BFP!

Hi ladies.  I got my BFP this weekend at 13DPO.  We are so excited.  I turned 35 in May and DH is already worried about what we need to be doing since I am older - ugh  I am expecting the Drs to make me feel old, but not my husband.  I guess he is just being sweet though.

Anyways, my Dr. office doesn't do appts until 8 wks, so the next few weeks are going to be long.

I look forward to hanging out on this board though.  I am normally over on BOTB.

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: BFP!

• Options
    Congratulations!  H&H 9 mos to you! Party!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Congratulations!  You must be very excited!

I was over 40 with both of my pregnancies, and to be honest, they weren't really treated any differently.  You will be offered tests that are standard for women over 35, but none of them are required.  We declined all testing with our first and had a wonderful pregnancy.  As long as you are otherwise healthy, your doctor will probably treat you like any other 20-something that comes in!  :)

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats! I am wishing you a H&H 9 months! The 1st few weeks do seem to go by slow! Just hang there and enjoy! It goes so fast after a certain amount of time :-)
  • Options

Congratulations and welcome!  Hope the first few weeks go by quicker than you expect.

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Congrats and welcome! Unless you have other risk factors, most of the time, dr's will treat you the same as a 20-something. They'll just offer more tests for you. It does depend on your dr.

I know, those 8 weeks before the first appt. are a killer! I have must have called my dr.'s office 20 times to double check on what was okay for me to do. It does go by fast, though.

• Options
    Welcome and congratualtions! You will not find a better or more supportive goup of women around.
  • Options
    steverstever member
    Welcome and congrats!
  • Options
    Congrats!!!  This is my 3rd time around and these first few weeks are going so slow.  My OB doesn't see me until I'm 10wks. along....forever.away!
  • Options
    Congratulations! 
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Congratulations. and you are not old, I am 40 & I am not old. There really isn't much difference with the drs. unless they find you to be high risk. Age alone doesn't make you high risk, as I had originally thought.
  • Options

Congratulations and welcome.

• Options

imagefiazo:
    Congratulations. and you are not old, I am 40 & I am not old. There really isn't much difference with the drs. unless they find you to be high risk. Age alone doesn't make you high risk, as I had originally thought.

Oh I know that I am not old.  None of us are old.  I was more making the comment that my husband was the concerned one since I am not exactly 25 either.  

Thanks ladies!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!!! H&H 9 months!
  • Options
    Congrats!  Wishing you a H&H 9 months!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"