TTC after 35
Options

Has anyone tried acupuncture to boost fertility?

I am giving Chinese Medicene a go. I figure can't hurt, might help. Has anyone had success after a course of acupuncture?

Re: Has anyone tried acupuncture to boost fertility?

• Options

I did acupunture/massage at Nordstrom Spa in January and February.  It is relaxing.  And then I started doing Yoga 4 Fertility DVD in March. 

I will probably be doing more acupunture this time around along with my Yoga DVD. 

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options
    I did acupuncture prior to starting fertility treatments. I did actually get pg, but had a m/c (I had 2 mcs prior to treatments and 1 from an IUI). I honestly don't feel the acupuncture helped or hurt, but don't expect miracles from it. I was trying every vitamin, read every book, did acu, etc. trying to avoid fertility treatments and in the end still had to do IVF to have our DD. Sometimes I feel doing all that other stuff put undue stress on me, just my opinion. Good luck with whatever you wind up doing. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekinsalebride:
    I did acupuncture prior to starting fertility treatments. I did actually get pg, but had a m/c (I had 2 mcs prior to treatments and 1 from an IUI). I honestly don't feel the acupuncture helped or hurt, but don't expect miracles from it. I was trying every vitamin, read every book, did acu, etc. trying to avoid fertility treatments and in the end still had to do IVF to have our DD. Sometimes I feel doing all that other stuff put undue stress on me, just my opinion. Good luck with whatever you wind up doing. 

I did acu for eight months, and honestly, my experience was almost exactly the same. It was nice and all but pretty expensive, and in retrospect, I wish I hadn't spent all that money.  I never ovulated on my own and ended up having IVF (now in 2ww)

• Options

I tried acupuncture for the first time this cycle.  At the same time I started taking "Pregnancy Prep" herbal supplements per their recommendation.

A week later, on CD12, I ovulated.  This is the earliest I have EVER ovulated!  I usually have really long cycles.  Of the past 13 cycles, my average O date is CD30, the earliest being CD18 and the latest being CD48.

I am now 13DPO and will either (fingers crossed) get a BFP in the next few days, or my next cycle will start.  Which would be fine with me, because if acupuncture can help regulate my cycles to the more "normal" 28-day cycle, I get more chances, so I'm happy!

Anyway, long answer to your question, but personally, I am so far convinced that acupuncture has helped my fertility in only a few short weeks.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hi!  I don't have any experience with acupuncture, but I'm a Georgia Peach too Smile  I'm in Atlanta and starting the RE at Reproductive Biology Associates next week!

Good luck to you!

• Options

Hi,  I am from Ga as well.  If you are in Atlanta,  I have a friend that did it.  I can find out where she went.  It was somewhere in the Sandy Springs/Roswell area.

Gymdog - RBA is in the bldg next to my office.  GL!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrs.PeachyKeen:

Thanks!  I am very excited!  I think they will be aggressive which is what I want.  I have good insurance and you never know what could happen in the next six months.  Need that BFP while I have insurance to pay for the treatments!

Is you OBGYN in the area also?  Mine is AWS at Meridian Mark.

• Options
    imageMrs.PeachyKeen:

Not trying to hijack, but, nice ticker Mrs.PK!! Wink

• Options

I did one session of acupuncture back in April along with clomid and injectables.  This had been my 6th round of clomid (3rd post m/c) and each round before that I ovulated between CD16 - CD19.  

I had an ultrasound done at CD16 to check my follies to make sure they were growing and to get my first injection (this was about 5 days after I had the acupuncture).  My follies were no where near being mature.

Every cycle on clomid before they were at least 18mm, this appointment they were 11mm. Because of that I did not use the injections.  The only difference between this round of Clomid and the last 5 was the acupuncture.

In the end I think I ovulated on CD29....if I even ovulated, I gave up temping out of frustration that cycle.

I'm not saying that the acupuncture caused my follies to not mature properly -it was probably just a bad coincidence- but it does make me leary of having acupuncture ever again. 

Saying that, I have heard great things about it and as far as I know I'm the only one who is hesitant to do it again.

• Options

I hope it's OK that I'm answering this.  My best friend had trouble conceiving?tried for over 2 years?and she went through a few rounds of Clomid.  She thinks it was the acupuncture that finally did the trick.

She conceived at age 34 and delivered her daughter at age 35?that was 3-1/2 years ago.

Now at almost 39, she's having TTTC again but isn't going to take any measures to help. She said if she can't conceive again, she'll be happy with just her daughter.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    1. I was reccommended by my re to use acu. because my lining was so thin and my cycles so erratic.   in 3 months I went from 60+ day cycles to 32 day.  I also have had increased temps in luteal phase - very important for implant.  Read the Jama and NJMA articles about the use of acu with ivf and iui there is an increase by almost 3 fold in implantation and 1/3 the m/c rate.  Just thought you should know that there is solid medical research on the subject.   I am iui round one awaiting my bf test on wed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"