North Carolina Babies
Options

Time of day for pregnancy tests

Does it matter what time of the day you take a POAS test? I've heard conflicting things.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Time of day for pregnancy tests

• Options
    I've always heard first thing in the morning is the best time to take it.
  • Options
    The best time is first thing in the morning with FMU.  But after a couple of days past your period being late, any time should give you a positive result if you're pregnant.  I took my first test in the evening at 11 dpo and it was positive (I usually got AF at 10 dpo though).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    First thing in the morning is the best time because your urine is more concentrated, and can give you a more accurate reading, esp. if you have not missed a period yet.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

imageECUGirl2004:
    The best time is first thing in the morning with FMU.  But after a couple of days past your period being late, any time should give you a positive result if you're pregnant.  I took my first test in the evening at 11 dpo and it was positive (I usually got AF at 10 dpo though).

This is my usual pattern as well, so it gives me hope that I may be able to get a result at 11 DPO. Waiting is not one of my strong points!

Thanks, everyone!

• Options
    I've always heard first thing in the morning.  When I got a BFP I took mine at night and then first thing the next morning and got the same result.
  • Options

First morning pee of the day.  It contains a stronger concentration of of the PG hormones.  So when you are about 4 weeks PG (just missed your period), you almost need to take it in the AM or else the hormones aren't concentrated enough to register PG.

I took a PG test in the AM the day my period was supposed to come, and got a PG.  I then chugged a bunch of water and tried again and got a not-PG.  I was obv. PG but the water-down pee didn't register at such an early PG stage.  I'd guess the farther along you were, it wouldn't really matter thought the time of day.

• Options

As ECU mentioned, it depends when in your cycle you're taking the test.  If you're taking it before AF is supposed to arrive, morning is better but later it doesn't really matter given you'll have enough hormones built up to show on the test.

I took both of my BFP tests in the evening for Natalie and DC#2.  With Natalie, it was a few days before AF.  With DC#2 it was a week after I thought I would have gotten AF but I think I ovulated later.  Both times, I held my pee for 3-4 hours before taking the test.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Ooh... Good luck! Smile

I will say that I took mine in the evening, but I have absolutely no idea how many DPO I was, etc. I hadn't gotten my cycles and charting down quite yet when I got my BFP. But from what I always heard, FMU is best!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"