North Carolina Babies
Options

Poll: How Domestic are you?

1. On a scale of 1-10, what would you rate your domesticity (I hope that's a word)? 

2. What are your favorite domestic activities?

3. What are your least favorite?

4. What are some domestic things you'd like to become better at? How would you become better at them (do you have a plan)?

Re: Poll: How Domestic are you?

• Options

1. On a scale of 1-10, what would you rate your domesticity? 4.5

2. What are your favorite domestic activities? cooking (on my schedule)

3. What are your least favorite? cleaning

4. What are some domestic things you'd like to become better at? How would you become better at them (do you have a plan)? I would love to get on a cleaning schedule but I don't care enough.  DH cares more so he cleans more often than me...that is why I kept him this long Stick out tongue

• Options

1. On a scale of 1-10, what would you rate your domesticity (I hope that's a word)?  probably a 6 or 7

2. What are your favorite domestic activities? grocery shopping, coupon clipping, meal planning

3. What are your least favorite? cleaning bathrooms (showers/bathtubs, specifically)

4. What are some domestic things you'd like to become better at? How would you become better at them (do you have a plan)? I cook very simple meals. Sometimes I'd like to try more elaborate recipes, but don't really have the motivation. I guess that's not really something I care to become better at, then. I would like to be a better baker--a lot of times when I make things from scratch, they're just not great. I'd like to have a "signature dessert" or cookie or something that people associate with me during the holidays, etc... Eh.

ETA: I'd also like to learn to sew more. I know how to operate a sewing machine and can make really simple stuff, but I have dreams of making Holly's Halloween costumes, some clothes, etc... Maybe one day. :-)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1. On a scale of 1-10, what would you rate your domesticity (I hope that's a word)?  6 (I'd rate it higher, but I think cooking is an important aspect of this and I'm not really good at that)

2. What are your favorite domestic activities? Cleaning (well, I like to keep a clean, non-cluttered home, so I try, plus I like the alone time I get where I can just zone out and clean)

3. What are your least favorite? Cleaning (while I like to keep a clean home, I don't like cleaning ALL the time), cooking because I'm not good at it, laundry b/c it's neverending

4. What are some domestic things you'd like to become better at? How would you become better at them (do you have a plan)? I'd like to be able to cook better (instead of following a recipe, be able to see what's in my pantry and throw it all together for a great dish).  Also want to learn how to bake and make cakes - on my to-do list is to take the Wilton classes so I can bake with my DD and teach her how.  My Mom NEVER cooked from scratch, thus I don't know.  I really want DD and I to share a love for cooking and baking, and also for her to have those skills when she grows up.

• Options

1. On a scale of 1-10, what would you rate your domesticity (I hope that's a word)?   Probably a 6 or 7

2. What are your favorite domestic activities?  Cooking, laundry

3. What are your least favorite?  Ironing, Cleaning the bathtub and shower ( i don't' mind the rest of the bathroom though)

4. What are some domestic things you'd like to become better at? How would you become better at them (do you have a plan)?  Not sure - I really don't want to become better at ironing b/c I really hate it.  Maybe dusting and keeping the mail bunnies at bay more often. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

1. I'd say I'm probably an 8

2. Laundry and vaccuming

3. Dishes and cleaning bathrooms

4. cooking (dh needs to give me lessons!)

• Options

1. 7

2. Cooking, grocery shopping, meal planning... I enjoy anything related to food

3. Cleaning.  I actually don't dislike it, I just don't have a lot of time for it anymore

4. I would like to be better at gardening.  I'd also like to learn to decorate cakes.  And I'd like to be a more efficient house cleaner.  Gardening takes time and money that I don't have.  I'm ashamed of our yard, but I'd rather have food on the table than a well-landscaped yard.  I hope that one day it can be more of a priority.  As for the cakes, I want to take a Wilton class eventually.  I'd like to do it this year.  And for cleaning... IDK.  It just needs to move higher up on the priority list.  But when I get up at 6 am, go to the gym, work all day, and take care of an angry toddler all evening... by 8 or 9 pm, I do not feel like mopping or dusting my blinds, you know?  I just want an hour of mindless television at that point.

• Options

1. On a scale of 1-10, what would you rate your domesticity (I hope that's a word)?  6

2. What are your favorite domestic activities?  I love organizing and decorating, and even enjoy cleaning (if and when I ever have the time for these things) and I like to bake

3. What are your least favorite? cooking

4. What are some domestic things you'd like to become better at? How would you become better at them (do you have a plan)?  I wish I liked to cook, but I don't plan on becoming better b/c it's just not something I like to do.  I do want to learn to sew, and DH's aunt has offered me her old sewing machine, but we haven't picked it up yet.  I may or may not take some sewing classes.  I would also like to learn how to decorate cakes, but that's less likely to happen.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1. On a scale of 1-10, what would you rate your domesticity (I hope that's a word)? I would list myself as an 8. It's something I really enjoy doing, but I have areas of improvement. Being a homemaker is right up my alley and something I've always wanted to do (I think this used to make my parents cringe b/c I was a very good student and they wanted me to really do something with myself - I think I am!) 2. What are your favorite domestic activities? I love to cook! I would be happy just cooking & baking the day away.3. What are your least favorite? Cleaning is my least favorite, but honestly I don't mind it if I don't have J around because I can get it done without interruption. I always have such a sense of accomplishment when I'm finished and feel like our house is calm & peaceful. 4. What are some domestic things you'd like to become better at? How would you become better at them (do you have a plan)? Well, I wanted to learn how to grow a veggie garden & preserve food (canning, freezing, etc) and I'm doing that right now with my in-laws & my mom came to help with the canning. I'm LOVING it! Next I'd like to learn how to sew (which may fall more under the crafty realm). I can sew a little now (like a sort of straight line) but I'd like to get MUCH better. I'd also like to bake really well from scratch. I'm not sure that I can't - I'm just always too scared to try the recipes! :)
  • Options

1. On a scale of 1-10, what would you rate your domesticity (I hope that's a word)?   Maybe a 2.  Embarrassed

2. What are your favorite domestic activities?  hmmmm...  am i supposed to have a favorite?  does playing with baby count?  Smile

3. What are your least favorite?  cooking, cleaning (especially bathrooms), you name it.

4. What are some domestic things you'd like to become better at? How would you become better at them (do you have a plan)?  i'd really rather not cook or clean.  but i could get better at both if i could just hire someone to do them both.  Big Smile

Baby J is here! Born on her mama's birthday.

11 pounds, 7 ounces and 23" long at birth!

My Bio

• Options

1.  Scale -- probably an 7, it would be higher if I cooked.

2.  I like doing laundry and cleaning the house -- I love how the house looks when it's organized and clean!

3.  cooking-- I'm just not that good at it.  DH rocks at it!  I also dislike grocery shopping

4.  Hmm...not sure.  I'd like to get better at decorating ideas.  And coming up with activities to do around the house with Natalie.  I should probably cook more but DH really likes to do it and isn't in any hurry to have me take on the job.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

1. On a scale of 1-10, what would you rate your domesticity (I hope that's a word)?

8, wow I don't sound very modest. ?But check it, I taught my husband how to sew a button on his pants while nursing North this morning. I'm like mother home-ec over here.

2. What are your favorite domestic activities?

cooking, cleaning, sweeping, sewing, gardening, coupon clipping, meal planning and washing North's diapers

3. What are your least favorite?

folding laundry, cleaning bathrooms, scrubbing floors. ?I can learn to hate anything if I'm the only one doing it though.

4. What are some domestic things you'd like to become better at? How would you become better at them (do you have a plan)?

I'd like to become more competent at sewing. ?Like Hughes said, I have fantasies of making Halloween costumes and clothes. ?I need to educate myself on sewing terminology so that when I'm online I can understand tutorials instead of my eyes glossing over. ?I'd like to have a bigger garden and learn to plant for all seasons (for now I just have a summertime container garden). ?Again, this boils down to educating myself.

• Options

1. On a scale of 1-10, what would you rate your domesticity (I hope that's a word)? I would say a 5, some days I do not feel domestic at all!

2. What are your favorite domestic activities? I enjoy baking and keeping things tidy around the house

3. What are your least favorite? Probably cleaning bathrooms and floors, that is why we just hired someone to clean our house :)

4. What are some domestic things you'd like to become better at? How would you become better at them (do you have a plan)? I NEED to get better at cooking, especially as Ashley gets older. My DH is such a picky eater that there are only about 5 things I can make that we will both eat. It is such a PITA. My plan is to start gathering recipes and planning meals, I think that will really help.

• Options
    narknark member

1. Five

2. I'm a decent cook and a REALLY good pretty-snack-inventor

3. Cleaning

4. Cleaning - I just really let it pile up sometimes. I'd like to learn to keep it rolling on a schedule so I don't feel overwhelmed.

Entertaining - We have people over fairly often, but I'd really like to start planning it further in advance and having stuff (apps, food, decor) ready in advance so we're all put together when they get here. We're always scrambling.?

?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    1. On a scale of 1-10, what would you rate your domesticity (I hope that's a word)?3.5 or 4?2. What are your favorite domestic activities? ?I love to cook, and I'm really good at opening my pantry and coming up with yummy meals. ?I like decorating, and I don't mind dusting.3. What are your least favorite? cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen4. What are some domestic things you'd like to become better at? How would you become better at them (do you have a plan)? ?I would like to be a better organizer. ?I think it would make my life easier and cleaning more enjoyable (if there is a such thing as enjoyable cleaning) ?I would also like to learn to garden/can my own veggies, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"