Minnesota Babies
Options

What converible car seat do you have?

we are looking at getting a convertible car seat for my car, but really don't know what to look for any help 

thanks

Re: What converible car seat do you have?

• Options

We have two Recaro Como convertible car seats that we will use once the babe gets too heavy for the bucket carrier.  We just have one bucket (part of the travel system we bought), but bought an additional base so there is a base in both cars - I thought this was the easiest for when the babe is an infant.  The extra base was only $40.

Our Recaro seats can be front or rear facing, and are designed for weights from 5 - 70 lbs.  So once we transition into these seats, they will be the seats the babe uses until he or she then needs a booster seat.  These on the other hand, were significantly more than the cost of the extra base, but we got a deal so we went for it.

• Options

I have a first years true fit in my car, and I love it. So does K. It's a no rethread harness, has built in lockoffs, and the headrest is removable until a certain height/weight so it make the seat fit better in the car for now. It was a very easy install too.

We have a cosco scenera in DH's car. It's a great seat, very cheap with no bells or whistles though. But, it's just as safe as the true fit, britax or any other seat on the market. It's also a decently easy install. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we have an alpha omega elite convertible seat.   great quality and great product from bru.   good luck
  • Options

C&P: just posted this on 6-12!

I have a Britax Roundabout and I LOVE it, but I wish we would have invested in a Britax that holds more weight.

BTW, Britax car seats are on sale at Amazon right now:

https://www.babygoodbuys.com/2009/06/britax-decathlon-19988-free-shipping.html 

OR

https://www.babygoodbuys.com/2009/06/50-off-and-free-shipping-on-britax-car.html

• Options
    thanks for those links in the last post - we have been looking for a convertible seat too, and that is a great deal for a Britax!! I am getting out the credit card now.
    imageCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    we have a britax roundabout
  • Options

You're welcome :)

imagemplsbride31:
    thanks for those links in the last post - we have been looking for a convertible seat too, and that is a great deal for a Britax!! I am getting out the credit card now.
  • Options
    We have 2 Britax Marathons and LOVE them!  They are very highly rated and DS always seems so comfy in it!
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"