Northern California Babies
Options

Baby eye puss?

Ok, my little dude is sick -- he's got snot coming out of his nose AND eyes. It's not a bad cold, but with the eye puss he looks so sorry.

The nose thing I can handle, but any tips on what to do with the eyes? I keep wiping them away so the gook doesn't cake on, but it keeps coming back.

PS. Yeah, that title's unattractive, but right now my cutie-pie ain't either :(

Re: Baby eye puss?

• Options
    Did your pediatrician check it to make sure it isn't something like pink eye? DS had eye gook really badly and it was tested but was negative. All we could do is wipe it. It wasn't fun but he eventually outgrew it.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I agree about having the eyes checked for an infection. Hope he feels better soon.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Chase had a really bad cold last winter. One of the symptoms was green stuff coming out of his eyes. The Dr. told us to just wipe them clean with a clean cloth.

Sorry G is sick! That is no fun :(

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh, I hope not -- I'm hopefully it isn't as his eyes are very clear and white... except for the green yuckiness collecting in the edges.
  • Options

I'd also get him checked...with the boys' most recent cold they had some gook in their eyes and we were told that sometimes (haven't checked the info on this myself), eye discharge goes hand in hand with ear infections. Again only sometimes because they have had multiple ear infections and only with this recent one did they have eye discharge and green gunk.

• Options
    Green usually equals infection of some sort. Definitely get him in to be seen.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagedblhappiness:

I'd also get him checked...with the boys' most recent cold they had some gook in their eyes and we were told that sometimes (haven't checked the info on this myself), eye discharge goes hand in hand with ear infections. Again only sometimes because they have had multiple ear infections and only with this recent one did they have eye discharge and green gunk.

Ditto this! L had this green eye discharge last week and Pedi diagnosed another ear infection and put her on antibiotic :( I hope G gets well soon!
  • Options

Yikes. Yeah, we're def. calling tomorrow AM. Funny thing is that we were JUST at the Pedi on Fri for his well check-up. Doc looked at his ears and they looked OK, and he was just starting to get sniffly.

I'll be going back again though, that's certain.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"