Washington Babies

TTC book recommendations

Do you guys have any recommendations for books about TTC?  I've read "The Mother of All Pregnancy Books" and I'm borrowing "What to Expect When You're Expecting" from a friend, but those are more about being pregnant than trying to get pregnant.

Thanks!

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

Re: TTC book recommendations

• Taking Charge of Your Fertility is the TTC Bible.
  • Awesome.  Thanks, MissBlush!

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Loading the player...
  • I highly recommend TCOYF as well.  It's a really great book.

I haven't really found any other good TTC books, so I'd be interested in seeing other people's replies as well.

• "The Joy of Sex" Wink
  • TCOYF is good, but overwhelming.  If you go to fertilityfriend.com, they ahve TTC tutorials that give you the info you need about your cycles without quite so much overwhelming info.

And really, you're not even TTC yet.  so when you do start, just relax and have a lot of sex.  For most people, that's all you need to know.  Don't start right off the bat temping and charting and getting all nuts about it all.  If your cycles are regular, odds are you are ovulating in the middle of your cycle sometime.  If you go a few months without success, then start thinking about it more.   Try not to overanalyze and stress.  It should be fun!

• imageSeattle_JiLLn:

And really, you're not even TTC yet.  so when you do start, just relax and have a lot of sex.  For most people, that's all you need to know.  Don't start right off the bat temping and charting and getting all nuts about it all.  If your cycles are regular, odds are you are ovulating in the middle of your cycle sometime.  If you go a few months without success, then start thinking about it more.   Try not to overanalyze and stress.  It should be fun!

You're right.  My cycles were never regular, so I just want to know what to look for when we do TTC.  I've spent so many years trying not to get pregnant I have no idea what to do (except for the obvious) to try and get pregnant.  :)

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• well, if your cycles aren't regular, then I will change my answer.  :)  Definitely read it - or at least the FF tutorials - and then you'll know more about the signs to watch for to signal you're ovulating.

But still try to have fun.   :)

• TCOYF is a BIG book, but it is totally worth the read.  The author has a great sense of humor that makes it easy to read.  My husband and I call it the Hooha book. :)  Totally the bible of TTC like PP said.  I have given it to all my girlfriends when they start thinking about it!
  • Ditto Jill!  Just have lots of sex and have fun TTC!
    ~Susan Mommy to H 08.07.06, and G 10.11.08, m/c(d&c) 08.10.05 13wks image
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Pregnancy blog
  • imageJeffieAnne:
      My husband and I call it the Hooha book. :)

LOL!  I'm going to tell DH that one.  He'd love it.

• I also recommend TCOYF. ?I have been charting to avoid for almost a year now (successfully) and don't find it daunting or overwhelming to do it. ?When we do start, I feel like I have a good handle on my cycles and when I O. ?We'll see if I'm right though! ?Smile I haven't even looked for another book because that one covers all the bases. ?
    Married ~ August 5, 2006 I Welcomed our baby girl March 16, 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ditto everyone who recommended TCOYF. I didn't find it overwhelming at all actually.  It's very informative and I've actually had an easier time browsing through it and reading the parts that are most relevant to me rather than reading it front to back.

And, I like the software that comes with it compared to Fert. Friend.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm with FML!! Lots and lots of sex ;-)  I have no book recommendations, but I really enjoyed using some of the free online fertility sites to track ovulation, etc. like fertilityfriend.com.

• I agree that Taking Charge of your Fertility is a GREAT book!  Even if not TTC yet, you learn so much about your body and how it works.  It's like magic!  All these funny symptoms you've always had, but never knew the "real" reason!   I did chart off the get go, only because I wanted to feel pro active and I thought it was amazing to see how well it works~

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Update - I ended up buying TCOYF yesterday.  I got through almost the entire book (Skipping the chapters on Menopause and birth control) and it seems a bit overwhelming right now, but entirely doable.  I'll just be replacing taking the BCP with taking my temp every morning.

Funny thing though - I was looking at the color pictures and DH walked up behind me without me realizing he was there.  All of a sudden I hear, "What in the HELL is THAT?" (I was on the page with the cervical pictures).  He hightailed it out of there but quick.  I don't think he'll be peeking over my shoulder when I'm reading TTC books again any time soon.  :)

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"