High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Think they need to up my PM insulin :(

I have been doing really, really well on the diet and insulin. ?My regular ob said my numbers are better than a non-diabetic! But then all went downhill from there..... but ONLY at night! ?My fasting numbers, after breakfast and lunch are great. ?But my numbers after dinner are not so hot. ?For 3 out of the past 5 days, they have been around 150-160, and I've been really careful about what I eat. ?This is so frustrating! ?I have a feeling they are gonna bump up my PM units, which is fine, I just wish I could do more :(
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Think they need to up my PM insulin :(

• Options
    If it makes you feel any better, I think I am going to have to bump up all of my meal insulins! ?You are not alone...we can cry in the same boat together! ?BTW, I sent you an e-mail this morning! ?Good luck Sara and I will see how you are doing tonight (I need a nap!)
  • Options
    I just emailed you back! :)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sweetheart, it's not you!! It's that little one growing...

When we hit the second tri, baby grows a lot and requires more insulin to do all that growin.

Third tri things settle down again and the last few weeks, you may come completely off insulin.

You are doing what you need to be doing - watching what you eat, taking your shots, and calling the Dr. when you notice things aren't right... And remember, everyone is different - I am a T1 and when I got PG my numbers/insulin needs went up - most went down... So pay attention to your body and what is right for YOU and YOUR baby. Hang in there!! :)

~*~Meghann~*~ Type 1, insulin dependant diabetic for 11 years using a pump and sensor. wedding countdown Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I know how you feel... I'm already up to almost the max unit my pen dispenses and I'm just taking it a day at a time. As the baby grows the need for insulin increases it's just how the body works.

Just know that you're not alone.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"