Special Needs
Options

Suzymarie

This is going to sound so stalkerish, but I have been looking for you for about a year!  I remember when you posted on parenting about your son having NF.  I have NF type 1 and wanted to offer support. 

Michelle Mommy to Kayleigh, Audrey and Faith. image

Re: Suzymarie

• Options

Hey hey!  No it doesn't sound stalkerish... I remember random things like that too.

Do either of your kiddos have NF?

• Options

Not that we know of yet, but the pedi will keep them on the radar for the next few years.

Which type does DS have 1 or 2? 

I was born with my "birthmarks" but it wasn't .until I was 12 when they dx me with NF.  Has your DS had his blood tested?  I haven't.

Michelle Mommy to Kayleigh, Audrey and Faith. image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am a stalker too ladies. I also have NF. DH and I are thinking about trying w/o the PGD. Marchmamma, who do you see for yourself? I am seen at UPenn but I don't like the Dr. there. At all.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
    Upcoming Races
    Gobble Wobble 5K 11/24/11 - Abington, PA 29:40
    Superbowl 10K 02/05/12 - Allentown, PA 54:28 PR!!!!
    Broad Street 10 Mile Run 05/06/12 - Philadelphia, PA 1:30:44
    Rock and Roll Half Marathon 09/16/12 - Philadelphia, PA
    Philadelphia (Half?!?) Marathon 11/18/12 - Philadelphia, PA
  • Options

DH and DS have NF1. 

We thought about PDG/IVF but we would be paying OOP and decided we would rather add to our family now then wait 10 years to save up. 

We see a geneticist at the UofMinn names Susan Berry.  She has been super awesome so far.... as long as you don't mind waiting 6 months to see her.  We go once a year for checkups for both DH and DS.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"