Oregon Babies

Back Pain

Ok ladies... what did or do you do for your back pain during pregnancy?  I feel like I was clubbed in the back and my chiropractor isn't open till later which is of course when I wont be able to go.  Tylenol doesn't really seem to work for me (of course).  Any suggestions? 
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Back Pain

• A hot bath (yes you can take hot baths!), a massage, stretching...

Or a half glass of wine!  Big Smile

Hope you feel better.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Floating in a swimming pool took away my back and pelvis pain.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Ooo  those are great ladies!  Thank you!  I can't wait until the pool opens at our apartment!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • You could try the sticky heat pads from Walgreens that heat up soon as they are opened. Lots of stretching and yoga are good too.
  • Chiropractor! Best money I've spent in a while. I highly recommend Dr Susanne Lady (near PCC on Killingsworth). I've also heard good things about Dr Amy Watson, who specializes in pregancy... not sure where she is, but I think NE also.

Ditto also to pool time. I've been taking water aerobics at my gym and credit it for being able to move comfortably at nearly 37 wks. The movements are good, but being weightless for just a couple hours a week really makes a difference. I felt silly at first making silly movements with the little old ladies, but got used to it. If you don't have a membership at a gym with a pool, check with your local parks and rec or community pool. They usually have classes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you cant go to a chiropractor I would suggest yoga or just a ton of stretching. Also, you should use a good pillow like a snoogle when you sleep to help with keeping your spine in good shape.

Not to freak you out, and I don't know if this is normal, but I thought my back hurt when I was pregnant and it is way way worse now. =( If you can get into a routine with the chiro you should. It will help you later!

Hang in there!! Its worth it!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"