Infertility
Options

Uhm...Enema before ET??

I got my big-o-box of meds yesterday and there was an Enema in there so I called today to ask what it was for.  She said it will be used the night before my transfer....I'm ready to throw in the towel right now.  I'm not cool with things even near my rear let alone this.  Anyone else have to do this?  Any tips?  OMG I can't believe I'm even asking this....

Re: Uhm...Enema before ET??

• Options

Don't be scared.

I didn't have one, but you know I wish I did. I had major issues that morning, if you know what I mean.

Good luck!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    An enema really isn't bad at all. I was so nervous using the Fleet enema before my Lap in March - but once I did it I was fine.

You don't really even feel anything.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    epphdepphd member
    What the what?!?  I've been to three clinics and have had 5 transfers and no enemas Tongue Tied What a drag!!

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • Options

imageepphd:
    What the what?!?  I've been to three clinics and have had 5 transfers and no enemas Tongue Tied What a drag!!

Totally a drag!!! 

• Options

Maybe they just want to be sure there is nothing obstructing their view on ultrasound for the transfer?  Just a thought....

I had to do one before my lap and was terrified.  But, it was so easy.  I got worked up over nothing.  Yes, it's a very odd feeling, but it was over so quickly.  I have IBS issues, and was worried I'd be in the bathroom for hours, but I only went once, maybe twice.  Everything was complete in about half an hour.  Good luck w/ everything!

TTC #1 since 6/07, Dx = Ovulatory dysfunction, DOR, and autoimmune issues ~ 4 Clomid cycles, 1 Femara Cycle, 6 Injectible IUI cycles~ 4 Chemical PG's ~ IVF #1 Dec '09 = BFP!! Beta 8dp3dt = 68 10dp3dt = 276 16dp3dt = 1511 ~ First U/S 1/14 = 3 Heartbeats!!! Lost Baby C at 8w5d Emergency Cerclage at 22wks saved our babies lives Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageepphd:

LOL!!  You crack me up Elizabeth.  :)  My clinic doesn't do enemas either.  I'd be like you are, I wouldn't want to do it either! 

image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    MayMMayM member
    I had to do one before my first HSG (hospital policy), and I was not thrilled to say the least. However, it really wasn't all that bad. TMI--I made sure to eat extra fiber during the week so that there wasn't too much to clean out when the day came. Just give yourself some time and maybe have some wipes on hand. I had an old towel in the bathroom just in case, and it was all over in under an hour. Good luck. I feel for ya!
  • Options
    Nope, no enemas here.  Sorry...ugh!      
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageepphd:

I had to do one for IVF #3... not sure exactly why. And I really don't want to do another one ever again. 

• Options
    I can't believe they're getting your rear involved in this.  Is nothing sacred in the world of IF?  Sorry you've got to go through that....good luck.
    BFP 12/5/07: Natural MC 12/23/07. ? MFI:20% motility, 2% morph. ? IUI 7/08 BFN, ? 50mg Clomid IUI 11/08 BFN,? Femara, Menopur,Ovidrel B2BIUI 4/09 BFN, ? IVF with ICSI #1: ER 5/20, ET 5/23. Beta 6/3: 121, Beta 6/5: 369 Beautiful Baby Girl born 2/22/10. ? BFP 2/9/11: HB at 7 Weeks, No HB at 10 Weeks. D&C 3/22/11 ? MTHFR diagnosed ? BFP 6/22/11 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

GLARGH!  That is my worst nightmare.  That part of town is a one-way street if you ask me. I had a colonoscopy a thousand years ago and they had to put me out completely for it.  Why, yes, I AM a total baby!

I would buy an oral laxative and use that instead.  That's what I did and although it tasted absolutely awful, it was better than the alternative! 

Good luck!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"