Minnesota Babies
Options

Hospital Rave!

I just had my baby via scheduled c-section (breech) on Monday and I cannot say enough good things about the hospital.  We delivered at Fairview University-Riverside and I am so glad that we did.

They are under construction making it confusing/complicated to get around from floor to floor and wing to wing, and the walk from the main entry to L&D is really long, but the quality of nurses here more than make up for logistical complaints.

I had fantastic care from the moment I got here Monday morning.  The nurses took time to explain things to me when they could tell I was nervous.  The anesthesiologists and techs and residents were all helpful and compassionate when I was scared during the different procedures.

Then on the post partum floor everything was even better!  The food is great (especially for hospital food), I've been able to go outside and walk around,we have a nice lobby area for guests and a seemingly never ending supply of things that we need (towels, sheets. diapers, pads, etc..)

The nurses are attentive and friendly and no matter how busy they are, they have answered all of my neurotic new mom questions as though my baby is the only patient they are taking care of.  I've had TONS of help with BFing and I feel like they listen to me whether it's about my recovery or if what my  baby is doing is "normal".  Plus, they seem to have excellent communication amongst nurses and from shift to shift.  I'm used to having to retell dr.'s and nurses my history everytime a new one comes in the room, but here they all seem to know ahead of time what my particular situation is.  Honestly there are some nurses here that I have had for a couple of days in a row that I would like to take home with me!!!

All in all it's been a fantastic experience.

Re: Hospital Rave!

• Options
    Thank you for sharing your experience and a big congratulations to you!!!!!!!Party!!!
    bfp 5/17/09 - missed m/c 6/17/09 @ 9w - stopped growing 6w 1d, D&C 6/19/09
    BFP #2 10/13/2009 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary
    Discovered TWINS during the 6w u/s - what a shocker!
    Delivered on 5/19/2010 at 34 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP syndrome
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Bump MoM Recipe Collection
  • Options
    jlw2505jlw2505 member
    I used to work in HR there hiring nurses so its great to get such great feedback.  What I loved while working there is that every time a baby is born, they play a song for everyone to hear.  They play it multiple times for mulitple births.  I remember one day when they had a few sets of multiples born while I was there and I later found out a friend of mine who was an OB resident at the time, had delivered 2 of the sets!
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing and congrats!!
  • Options
    Congrats and I'm so happy you had such a great experience!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yay! That's great to hear. And congrats!

Do they still do the music thing every time a baby's born? I don't remember them saying that on the tour.  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes they do!  I loved it!  DH and I were wondering what the music was for because it seemed to happen so randomly so we asked and they said it was everytime a baby was born.  We could even hear it when we were in other parts of the hospital.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"