Virginia Babies

Question regarding vacation...

Hi ladies.  We are traveling from CT to the outerbanks with our two and a half year old and plan on stopping for the night after 7 or 8 hours.  This would bring us to the Chesapeake or Norfolk area.  Any suggestions for which city would be better to get a hotel?  Or maye a nearby area?  Also, anyone know any fun fun activities for a toddler?  Thanks so much.

Re: Question regarding vacation...

• Since you'll make it to the Norfolk/ Ches. area you'll  also be close to Virginia Beach so you might want to consider staying there too. Downtown Norfolk has a Sheraton and a Marriot and they are within walking distance to MacArthur Center ( a very nice mall). There are restaurants and some museums within the walking distance, however I think they are re-doing Town Point Park and some other things so traffic and construction are kind of bad right now.

There is an area of Chesapeake called Greenbrier that has a Comfort Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Hyatt, etc. There is a mall nearby and it's all right off of I-64. There are lots of chains like Target, Panera, Babies R Us, Regal Cinemas, and there's a park nearby. Those are all off Greenbrier Pkwy. That might be an easy place for you to stay with a 2 and 1/2 year old.

When we come up North for vacation we always stop in CT. and stay near Buckland Hills mall and we like that because it has all the stores and restaurants we know from home. Greenbrier is kind of like that.

Enjoy your trip and I HTH!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"