Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

How much did you spend on your stroller? Was it worth it?

I was hoping not to spend a lot on a stroller, but the more I think about it, the more I really want this one stroller that is way more than I anticipated spending.  It's $389 (although with a BRU coupon, I can get it for around $360.)  It's the BOB Revolution and will be great for running, which I want to do, but also has the swivel wheel which is great for every day getting around.  But $360... yikes!  And will I use it as much as I think?  IDK!  WDYT?  How much did you spend, and do you think it was worth it?

Re: How much did you spend on your stroller? Was it worth it?

• Options

Well, we received our stroller as a gift, but it was $160. We would have bought it had someone not given it to us at our shower.

I think it was worth it, but it's not that expensive, considering that people blow $900 on a Bugaboo.

I think that the BOB is a waste if you don't plan on running (exception being if you live in an urban area, where it is totally worth it). Since you are going to actually run with it, I'd say it's worth it! ?

• Options
    i have the BOB revolution and it was SOOO worth it. i live in the city so it was really practical for us. it plows right through the massive snow, and handles the bumpy sidewalks nice and smooth. also when ds is 9 months we'll start jogging with it. yes, it's expensive, but it has been well worth it. when i was pg i would stop people with it on the street and everyone loves it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just have the big travel system right now (Graco for $250) and I am just goint to buy a cheap Chico umbrella stroller ($60 ish).  Someone once told me to be leary of spending too much on strollers if you plan on having kids close together.  We are....so I am going to wait to go all out on a great double stroller if I need it.
  • Options

Look at albeebaby.com or strollers.com. They always have free shipping & low prices.

• Options

Are you a runner now? If not, I'd get a cheaper running stroller to see if you'll stick with it, rather than buying a Cadillac hoping you'll get a driver's license one day. We got our running stroller (InStep) for $25 at a garage sale, and it's been perfectly serviceable--I've been a runner for years. We use umbrella strollers for day-to-day, and also have a Chicco Trevi.

?

• Options

One of ours is $550 and the other $200... both worth every penny because we bought exactly what we needed.

?

I LOVE the Bob revolution... used both the single and twin regularly and it's amazing. You will love it even if you aren't a runner (which I'm not)

If you can afford it, def. spend the money in that area. I've been a full time nanny for 9 years prior to having DD and have learned that crappy/cheap strollers do not hold to my standards after a while. They generally look/drive like crap by the time baby #2 come around.

?

?

?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think the BOB is worth it. I have a Baby Jogger City which is very similar and about the same price and it was well worth the $$ to me. I use it every day for walks which would be very difficult in my neighborhood without the air filled tires and shocks. It was one of my favorite baby purchases.
  • Options

Compare this to shopping for a car... if you can afford a Toyota, would you buy a Kia???

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    $169 on Maclaren Quest. Definitely worth it. I like the Maclaren a lot and use it every time we go out. It reclines!
  • Options
    We have the Revolution and LOVE it. Our favorite baby item by far. DH runs, I don't, and we both are in love with it. In fact, everyone who has pushed it loves it. We don't live in a city, in a development without sidewalks. We go to parks a lot too, mainly on paths and some off.
  • Options
    We have both the travel system for the Chicco infant seat we used, as well as the BOB.  I love, love, love the BOB.  It makes walking around my neighborhood and the beach so much easier, not to mention I can stroll it on the sand.  It folds up very easily and is small enough to fit in the trunk area of my SUV with the 3rd row of seats up.  It's so much better than the Chicco, which is fine for strolling the mall and maybe most neighborhoods, but unfortunately our neighborhood has a lot of bumpy sidewalks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We were economical for many things but, there were certain areas where we didnt want to cheap out. One of these areas was the stroller. We bought the Bugaboo Frog. It was more than average cost wise, but its has already been worth every dime. So, my point is- you will get a different opinion from everyone on this board. Everyone has a different budget and people will justify what they have. So if you really have your heart set on the BOB and you think it will be worth it in the long haul, then get it!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Stroller #1(Mutsy Urban Rider Next) was about $800 and is totally worth it for us.  We live in a city and walk more than drive.  Our stroller has the air-filled tires, separate carrycot, car seat adaptor, etc.  If you think you'll be jogging, I would definitely spend the money on one with good tires.

Stroller #2(Maclaren Quest Sport) was around $200.  I just bought it a few weeks ago because I wanted an umbrella stroller that is easier to maneuver around stores and easier for travel.

If you go with a bigger jogging stroller, I would also plan on getting an umbrella one for backup.  Ironically enough, baby stores seem to have the most narrow aisles to maneuver around.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

When comes to strollers it really depends on your life style.  I have a stroller addiction and the BOB is the next one we plan on getting.  DH thinks he is going to start running agian.  Also if you do end up needly a double stroller you should be able to get a good price for when you go to sell it.

These are the following strollers I have and I have loved all but one of them.  DH and I very active and mobile.

-Snap and Go- it is a hunk of junk and I am giving it away on free cycle

-Chicco Trevi- this the stroller in DH's care and it is great for the price.  It is more of a mall walking stroller.

-City Mini- I love this stroller, if you don't end up getting a BOB I would consider this one. 

-Burley Solo- this is our bike trailer/beach stroller.  It is huge, but rides great.

I would say it worth it.

• Options
    We have a BOB Revolution and LOVE it.  The thing practically pushes itself.  We've had several family members take DS for walks in it and they have all commented on how nice it is.  We have no plans of using it to run, we just love walking around the neighborhood with it. 
  • Options
    Go for it. I got the Graco travel system 250. Jeep jogging stroller 200. Umbrella stroller 50
                     7/08, 1/12, 2/14, Due with baby #4  2/12/16 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I love my BOB stroller. ?I use it everywhere I go and it is so easy to get in and out of my care. ?I also live in the city so it works wonders on our sidewalks, parks, through the snow etc. ?It was my big splurge and although I felt guilty it was well worth it. ?I bought mine at a baby boutique that was going out of business so I scored a great deal. ?REI has them on sale occasionally and I have seen them on craigslist.com

?If you want to save some money I bought a In Step double stroller on craigslist since I am doing a nanny share with my friend and wanted a stroller for our kids. ?It is much cheaper and great quality. ?HTH??

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"