Pregnant after 35
Options

Great... just great.

Can you feel the sarcasm?

My husband just emailed me because his work left a memo on his desk saying that he's not getting a raise again (2nd year in a row) and that they want to change health insurance companies.

We were banking on me going on his plan as of 8/1 (currently United HealthCare) because the cost for a hospital stay is only $500--and pregnancy is NOT considered a pre-existing condition.

If that changes, our plans could very well be messed up.  And we'll have to see if the Pediatrician we've chosen will accept whatever plan he's given.

I still have my insurance (Oxford) and I'm edging up to my $2500 deductible so it's not that I WON'T have coverage--and baby is covered for the first 30 days after his birth--but we were praying that I wouldn't deliver until August and that we'd have his good (if pricey) insurance plan.

So I get this to worry about on top of concerns (not major but there) that I'll contract Swine Flu on the airplane to Orlando.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!

Re: Great... just great.

• Options

Doll.

A) BRAVA on the sarcasm :)    I keep thinking I'm the queen - but I may have just been dethroned :LOL!

B) crap.   I'm sorry... but listen - I called up Oxford and spoke to someone there for a long time.   They were *astonishingly* helpful, and turns out - my deductible isn't nearly as bad as I thought... have you spoken to them?     I somehow read my policy wrong and really was pretty far off... they're even covering my tubal somehow.    I'm not asking questions.

C) None of this swine flu crap!

D) I am so not with it - Orlando... is this the wedding you have to go to?    I will tell you that my sis in law works at Disney, at the ice cream parlor at the Grand Floridian Hotel.    If you go there?     You have to let me know, and i'll give her a heads up and i'm sure she'll take GREAT care of you :).    It may not solve the insurance situation?   But ice cream usually helps a bit... with... well, anything.

..speaking of which... now I want some...

Rats.

Hang in there, honey! 

Christine

• Options

No wedding... just a vacation that was planned before I got pregnant.  And we'll be going to Walt Disney World--not staying on property, but we'll be close by. I stayed at the Grand Floridian once (when I was 20 and my parents were paying) and it's a lovely resort. Wish I could afford that again.

Oxford is fine... it's just that my plan is restrictive.  But at least I know what I'm up against. I meet my deductible and then they pay 70% of my bills and I pay 30%. My max out of pocket is $5000 per year.

And I'm not really serious about the swine flu... but I'm not looking forward to being trapped on a plane with that crappy recycled air. Bleh.

I'm glad your policy covers more than you thought. Yay for that!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Okay blah blah staying on property... hop on the monorail and hi tail it over to the Grand Floridian for that Ice Cream and lemme know when you're going.     My sis in law's name is Jane and she's from Long Island.    You can't miss her, I promise :)

Christine

• Options

Grand Floridian.. ice cream... check!

Leaving on Saturday and our first day in the parks is May 3rd--the hubby's birthday. He's totally into celebrating in WDW. I need to get him mouse ears with a pointy birthday hat. LOL.

• Options

What is it about WDW??    I *love* it ... i know, commercial, blah blah, but there is something about it that just lets you be a kid.    God knows we all need that these days :)

Have a WONDERFUL time!

Christine

• Options

Oh Robyn - that sucks!  My husband didn't get a raise this year and I'll be surprised if I get one either.  And I hate those little unexpected changes (insurance) - if you're like me, you try to plan everything out as best as possible, then something beyond your control happens and mucks it all up!  BLAH!

That's too funny - my hubby's birthday is May 2nd - so close!  We live in Florida and he worked at Disney growing up, so the appeal isn't so strong for us.  Although, you should have some nice weather - it's been in the 80's all week....not like the dog days of summer!  Are you just going to the Magic Kingdom or the other parks as well (Epcot, Hollywood Studios)?

Hope you have a great time!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Carla - we plan to hit all the parks except for Animal Kingdom (not much shade for the pregnant lady) as well as Sea World.  We have a Park Hopper ticket so if we change our mind, we can go to Animal Kingdom for a few hours (but I doubt it).  My uncle gave us a free week at his timeshare, so we only paid for airfare and amusement park tickets. We plan to eat breakfast at the timeshare and only have 2 meals at the park.

This is our last vacation for a long time... so we just plan to enjoy and do whatever we can. It'll be a nice escape from reality for a week. 

• Options
    imagerobynlesley:

Grand Floridian.. ice cream... check!

Leaving on Saturday and our first day in the parks is May 3rd--the hubby's birthday. He's totally into celebrating in WDW. I need to get him mouse ears with a pointy birthday hat. LOL.

Hey - that's my bday too!

Sorry about the hubby's work and insurance. You're sure not alone in that!

Have fun at Disney!

• Options
    Pregnant women do not need any additional stress, I am sorry you are getting this aggravation!! I am sure it will all work itself out!
  • Options

Now I want ice cream and a trip to Disney!  I can't wait to take our kids... although DH would rather go to national parks, and when we do hit Disney, wants to do CA but I'm an east coast girl. WDW is the way to go IMO!

Robyn I'm so sorry you're going through this. Try not to worry about your DH's insurance changes until you have more details. There's nothing you can do until you have all the information.

• Options
    Bleah!  I'm sorry for your insurance woes.  At least you get ice cream!  :)
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"