• Options
    gidgegidge member
    You're not alone!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm feeling all inspired and motivated... but with no direction
  • Options

I wish what I wanted to be paid way, way, way more than it does.

:depressed face:

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

• Options
    Actually I know what I want to be, but it requires med school and I am not motivated enough, nor do I have the funds.
  • Options

I wish I wanted to be a lawyer enough a few years ago. I was just too scared to go into debt for it. Now, I have babies too much on the brain. I wouldn't do so well.

• Options
    gidgegidge member

imageNikki1007:
    Actually I know what I want to be, but it requires med school and I am not motivated enough, nor do I have the funds.

I always thought I would go into pediatrics - now I feel too old and too poor (aka I don't want to give up our house and my job) to go to med school. 

• Options
    Psychiatrist. I have a bachelors in psych, but I never went any further.
  • Options
    imageyogisunam:

I wish I wanted to be a lawyer enough a few years ago. I was just too scared to go into debt for it. Now, I have babies too much on the brain. I wouldn't do so well.

that's what i am trying to do now.  i should be studying for an exam but obviously that's not happening.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Isn't there a test or something you can take to figure this crap out? Gah!
  • Options
    I wanted to be an epidemiologist. My master's advisor even told me he could get me into the Harvard School of Public Health (for my PhD), but I decided not to because I knew I wanted to be a SAHM once I had kids, so I thought, what's the point of getting my PhD if I'm only going to work for a few years? Now I am laughing at my former self :P
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageMainer-in-Texas:
    I wanted to be an epidemiologist. My master's advisor even told me he could get me into the Harvard School of Public Health (for my PhD), but I decided not to because I knew I wanted to be a SAHM once I had kids, so I thought, what's the point of getting my PhD if I'm only going to work for a few years? Now I am laughing at my former self :P

I have a friend that got a bach., 2 masters, then her PhD.   Never had a job through all her schooling (parents, then husband supported her)... once she was done with school finally, she popped out 4 kids and has been a SAHM ever since.  Wow.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Options

imageMainer-in-Texas:

This is part of my reasoning for not getting my PhD.

• Options
    imageNikki1007:

imageMainer-in-Texas:

This is part of my reasoning for not getting my PhD.

lucky? for me I didn't meet my H until my final year of my PhD so now I've got 4 years under my belt post-phd. But then again, with all the investment in my education/career, there's no way in heck I could be a SAHM. Then again, I do get a year paid 95% mat leave so there is that benefit (of being in Canada, not having a PhD). But I do need to work for a bazillion years to pay off my student loans. Although in comparison to my pediatrician friend who owes more than $100k in loans, I owe peanuts.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"