Preemies
Options

Good bottles to use HELP please

Hello!

I had twin boys on March 27th after 5 weeks on bed rest. I was wondering if anyone had a certain type of bottle that worked for their little ones. I am not what ones to go with because they are so little. Any feedback would be great! Also do you know if it is safe to used bottles that were previously used by someone else if I sterilize them?

Thanks

Re: Good bottles to use HELP please

• Options

Most of us seemed to have the best luck with Dr. Brown's bottles with a preemie nipple.
    I don't see why used bottles wouldn't be okay. I'd just go buy new nipples.

• Options
    The OT we worked with in the NICU wanted us to use Dr. Brown's bottles.  We are still using them when DD takes a bottle instead of her sippy.  She is now 17 months+.  These bottles always worked well for us and I would recommend them ... even though they take more work to clean.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS would only take Dr. brown's.  They make a preemie nipple, but he didn't use it.  I think as long as the bottles are sterilized they are fine to use.
    Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
  • Options
    We used Dr. Brown's as well. I bought the starter set and didn't realize they made preemie nipples. She did ok without them, but struggled at first so they may have helped. It may be a good idea to get them depending how premature your little ones are.
  • Options
    We also used Dr. Brown's and are still using them.
    Conceived twins with IVF January 2008. Lost baby a at 20 1/2 weeks due to premature rupture of membranes and held onto baby b. Baby b (Brandon) born at 26 weeks and 1 day on July 5, 2008. Wesley born full term on June 29, 2011. My blog http://karenandstu.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • Options
    We use Dr. Brown's, but haven't tried anything else.  They seem to work better than the disposable NICU bottles and washing isn't that bad (some complain there are too many parts)
  • Options
    we actually use the drop-ins. we also tried the ventaires and dr browns, but DS seemed to spit up even more (which doesn't even seem possible!) with those. the drop-ins seem to work best for us.
  • Options
    we use Dr. Brown's because it was recommended by our OT & pediatrician in the hospital.  we did not use a preemie nipple.  the OT recommended the best level of nipple for our babies based on how they were eating & what they were eating (they were on thickened feeds for a few weeks to help with reflux).  i don't know about used bottles... i guess it would depend on whether you are worried about the BPA issue.
  • Options
    We use Dr Brown's for straight formula, and Soothies for formula plus ceral.
  • Options
    Dr. Browns were our faves for awhile... now we use the Born Free... and love them!
    1/8/12 Confection Shrug Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We use Dr. Brown's.  They are the oly kind that DD will take.  We never used the preemie nipple though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    When we had our little guy @ 34 weeks, he was really small and the nurses didn't want him to burn any calories sucking, so they encouraged a faster speed nipple. ?At first we used the similac bottles and generic nipples from the nicu but then we ended up with playtex drop-ins. ?We went back and forth btwn slow and medium nipples and ended up with medium. ?We started with the 4 oz bottles, even though he only did an ounce or so at a time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"