Preemies
Options

Yogurt

@ what age can you give a baby yogurt?

Re: Yogurt

• Options
    We got the ok from the pedi at 6 months actual. We give it every morning now.
  • Options
    Sophie had her 9 month appt. last week and the Dr. just said we can start yogurt.  She recommended the YoBaby brand.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We started at 8 months. We use yobaby, but you can use any whole fat natural yogurt...
  • Options

We started at 7 months (adjusted). DS LOVES yogurt!!

We buy the big container of Stonyfield Farms Organic Whole Milk Plain Yogurt. It is so much less expensive than the YoBaby individual containers (so expensive) and I mix it with whatever fruit puree I feel like so he gets a big variety.

This morning I mixed it with Earth's Best stage 2 Pumpkin Apple puree and sometimes if he is being a fussy eater during the day I give it to him at night and add in a few teaspoons of rice cereal to thicken it up and add calories. He never refuses yogurt!

Jacob 3.23.08 * Grace 7.22.09 * Eli 7.26.11 * Annabelle 1.18.14

• Options
    image2BWEDN2007:

We buy the big container of Stonyfield Farms Organic Whole Milk Plain Yogurt. It is so much less expensive than the YoBaby individual containers (so expensive) and I mix it with whatever fruit puree I feel like so he gets a big variety.

We use the same. Our grocery store NEVER has plain YoBaby and the flavored kinds have sugar (I am avoiding processed sugar as long as possible).
  • Options
    ijackijack member
    It is unbelievable to me how much sugar the yobaby has. We actually use greek yogurt and add fruit to it, and started at 9 months actual.
    Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • Options
    Can I just say, NOTHING is worse that yogurt vomit... the end.
  • Options

We use Stonyfield Farms or the Greek yogurt, depending on which store I go to that week. I had been mixing thawed frozen blueberries into their yogurt, but I'm trying to branch out with other fruits. Today they got pureed mangoes and peaches mixed in - they didn't like that much.

I can't remember exactly when we started yogurt, but it was pretty early. I want to say about 6 months adjusted, 7 months at the latest.

• Options
    Agreed on the vomit. The other day Marino threw up yogurt and mango all of his high chair tray and then started banging his hands in it ::gag::Ick!
  • Options
    why is everyone so interested in giving yogart to the baby? i am obviously out of the loop.
  • Options

imagebuckeyethor:
    why is everyone so interested in giving yogart to the baby? i am obviously out of the loop.

Yogurt is high in fat, calories and protein - all really good things for babies, especially preemies. And the cultures in yogurt is very good for their digestive systems.

• Options
    imageMrs. Destructo:

imagebuckeyethor:

Yogurt is high in fat, calories and protein - all really good things for babies, especially preemies. And the cultures in yogurt is very good for their digestive systems.

Agreed. The probiotic qualities are important to me. Its also a way to work dairy into the diet in preparation for the transition from formula to whole milk. Plus, DS really likes it! 

• Options
    We got the ok at 9 months actual. We use Stoneyfield Farms Organic Vanilla Whole Milk yogurt and he loves it! It's his favorite food :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"