Louisiana Babies
Options

Why do people try so hard

to be creative with their kid's name?

Brycen Gage

Alert on MySpace for a friend's baby born.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Why do people try so hard

• Options
    Eh, I have seen worse.  I know two Chiquita's.  Yep.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have an ex friend whose little girl was named Brycen. 

I really dont know.  I think people are so worried about not having kids the same in classes and such.

But you know what bothers me even more is when people say names are "made-up" on national boards.  Arent all names made up?

Do you have names picked?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We were set on Gavin James and Layla Noelle. But I have this thing about needing to yell the name out loud and picture an old person with the name and I can't do that so much. DH loves the names and thinks we're set but I've since changed my mind. I get bored easily.

I do want to use James as a middle name and preferably Noelle as a middle name too. I like Reese, Jaxon/Jackson (Jax) and other trendy ::gasp Surprise:: but not so normal names. Not like Madison, and things like that. I've always liked Bryce too. I interned with a guy whose bro was named that. So I guess it's similar to the snarky comment I made above, but oh well. lol.

You?

• Options

We've been tossing around Jax for a lil while and at BIL's wedding this past weekend, SIL and her hubs said they wanted to name their unconceived boy that. At Christmas it was Cruz, so who knows!

James is kinda impt though, but I don't like Jax James. lol

• Options

I love the name layla, it reminds me of the Eric Clapton song but I still like it.  I know lots of Reeses and Jacksons lately too.  At least you arent thinking Edward or Cullen or Bella. LOL or maybe you are and if you are....sorry.... 

Yeah, we have names.  I picked out my girls name long long ago and now it just fits even more.

Kathlynn Virginia

my mom kathy, d's mom lynn and my gramma virginia

and Ellis McCoy

d's grampa is Ellis and McCoy is my grampa, dad, and brother

I do the same thing and yell all three names to see how they would sound.  Scary enough or not really. lol.

• Options

Eh I'm not a Teilight fan, but my dog's name was Bella though! I don't know any Reeses or Jacksons, but everyone that has kids around me has traditional (not 'new') names. I've loved Jackson since Steel Magnolias!

I like those names and how they pay tribute. James is for DH's dad and my dad's middle name. He wants to do a middle name of Gary should we have 2 boys, but WTH goes with that!

Ellis McCoy sounds lilke such a John Wayne, traditional, old style, western, stand-up guy name. That didn't make sense! But I like it!

• Options

Yeah, I am not a twilight fan either.  I thought I would be just judging by the uproar about it and D bought me the book and I thoguth I could have shot myself in the foot.  The movie was ten times worse.  NOw I know I am a minority but the overwhelming amount of people naming their babies that now is just shockin to me. 

I coworker has a 1 year old named Jaxon and I have two otehr friends with Jackson.  All the girls are middle names of Reese.  Emma and Eva.

what does go with Gary?  Does H have any suggestions? lol

• Options

Figures. All the names I like are popular. &%$^*

No, no suggestions. Not a name that rolls off ye ole tongue!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"