Boston Babies
Options

Support Group for Fathers??? HELP

My twins are going to be 6 months next week.  At the beginning it was very tough for my husband and I and it wore on our relationship. It has gotten better but from time to time he freaks... We are 41 years old and he was so used to be able to do whatever he wanted whenever he wanted and now that has all changed, For the most part he has adjusted but at times he relapses.  Right now our life is consumed by work and babies! so there hasnt been "us" time for such a long time.  He is now saying that he feels that as a couple things have changed, there is no passion etc etc and he doesnt know how to fix it or if it can be fixed.  My thoughts is of course there isnt going to be any passion or us right now!  our life is consumed with the twins! but it will get better, They used to go to bed at 10:00 now its 9:00 once they start sleeping through the night we will be able to get better sleep instead of being exhausted all the time.since pretty much when they go to bed, we go to bed to sleep!  We go out from time to time but is is hard to get a babysitter to take care of the twins so we can go out alone

I think it would help him if he could talk to other fathers who are going through the same thing.  Did this happen to your relationship?  do you know of any Father Support Groups in the area?  any advice is welcome!

Re: Support Group for Fathers??? HELP

• Options

You may want to check out the groups run by Isis Maternity.  I believe they have groups for new fathers.

And, good luck with everything!  I know how hard DH and I have to work to take care of our own needs with just one baby!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"