1st Trimester

Did you feel like AF was coming but then BFP?

Hi Ladies, I occasionally pop in here from GP to ask a question or two :) I was wondering...did any of you experience any very similar AF symptoms prior to BFP?? Or any spotting or colored discharge prior to your BFP.  I always hear about implantation bleeding but I am wondering if it really does happen?  I am at 11dpo, and have had super light spotting, like barely there...trying to keep hope alive that I may be PG, but I have had that oh so familiar cramping too.  Anyone convinced they were getting AF but then saw those wonderful two lines??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Did you feel like AF was coming but then BFP?

• Yes.  Before AF I get mild cramping (sometimes not so mild) and sore boobs.  I had everything this time.  The only thing out of the ordinary was that I was burping a lot and I was really tired.  I thought it was just something that I was eating.  No spotting, but I usually don't spot before AF.
  • Yep. Totally. I went to bed on Thanksgiving CONVINCED that AF would be there the next day... cramping, grumpiness, and all that. I woke up at 4 am to pee and saw 2 lines... GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • With both pregnancies I felt like I would start but never did:) I was never a big cramper and did not spot but had all my usual symptoms. Hope is still alive for you!
  • I NEVER get cramps when AF is coming. That was my clue that I was KU...I was having cramps! No implantation bleeding. GL! I was 11 dpo when I got my BFP! :)?
  • Yep, if I hadn't got my BFP at 10dpo, I would have expected AF just like normal.  No implantation bleeding or anything else for me
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • I had cramps and mild spotting, I actually put off POAS because I was so sure AF was on her way!
  • I did and sometimes it still feels like I'm waiting for AF!
  • imageShananah:
    I had cramps and mild spotting, I actually put off POAS because I was so sure AF was on her way!

Really? How many dpo's were you when you had the spotting? 

• I honestly thought I was almost done with my period when I got my bfp.  I had already been bleeding and spotting for several days before I decided something was wrong and took a test.  My boobs and abs (not like period cramps) were super sore. 

• imageMrsMAF:

imageShananah:
    I had cramps and mild spotting, I actually put off POAS because I was so sure AF was on her way!

I know you weren't asking me, but I'll answer anyway. I got a BFN on 12dpo, 13 dpo, 14 dpo...and then 15 dpo was BFP! 

edited to read: Wow. I just totally answered another whole question. Sorry.

• Yep. I still kind of feel like my periods coming (cramps, etc) but clearly it's not.

With my DD I did have implantation bleeding and then my BFP a week or so later I think. This time nada.... just late and now BFP.

• Absolutely- that's exactly how I felt. Spotting for a few days, thought AF was here. Not heavy enough for a tampon but too heavy even for a panty-liner. It stopped after awhile instead of picking up, so I got curious and tested and ended up with a bfp.
  • Yes, I was almost 99% positive AF was coming.

I had no spotting at all.

I was shocked to get my bfp.

GL Smile

• Oh, and the cramps- they were just like any other month. I was sure they were AF cramps, but they lasted for a long time. A few days before the spotting, a few days into the spotting, and several days after the bfp, too.
  • imagekittykatlover:
    imageMrsMAF:

imageShananah:

I know you weren't asking me, but I'll answer anyway. I got a BFN on 12dpo, 13 dpo, 14 dpo...and then 15 dpo was BFP! 

edited to read: Wow. I just totally answered another whole question. Sorry.

LOL...I am cracking up...no worries, I will take answers to any and all questions, even if I didn't ask them :)

• Yes, I felt exactly like AF was coming.  I had cramps all day and all night.  I had some break outs and I was moody.  I was so shocked to get my BFP on our 1st month TTC.  I was in TOTAL shock!!!
  • imageannibes:
    Oh, and the cramps- they were just like any other month. I was sure they were AF cramps, but they lasted for a long time. A few days before the spotting, a few days into the spotting, and several days after the bfp, too.
  • imageMrsMAF:
    imageannibes:
    Oh, and the cramps- they were just like any other month. I was sure they were AF cramps, but they lasted for a long time. A few days before the spotting, a few days into the spotting, and several days after the bfp, too.

sorry last post disappeared without my comments....

Thanks Annibes...this is keeping me hopeful..i dont want to be naive, but at least I can keep the hope alive for another couple of days...maybe.  Thanks so much for everyone's posts!!

• Three days before I get AF my milk supply goes way down, then slowly returns to normal but this time it stayed low for almost a week and I started having cramps, when I decided wth might as well POAS...BFP. Then I looked and saw that AF was already almost a week late.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageMrsMAF:

imageShananah:

Probably about 15.

• Yes! I had cramping from the time of ovulation until 5 weeks almost everyday. Now the cramping comes and goes. The couple days before my BFP the cramps felt just like AF was about to arrive.?
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPhotobucket
  • I felt like I was getting my period but it just never came.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I felt exactly like AF was coming...brownish d/c, cramping, sore boobs. ?I was so sure I was out for this cycle and then...BFP! ?
  • Yes I was convinced that AF was coming (still kind of am) - no spotting but cramping like just before AF, sore boobs, sore back and very bloated!
  • imageminda31807:

Three days before I get AF my milk supply goes way down, then slowly returns to normal but this time it stayed low for almost a week and I started having cramps, when I decided wth might as well POAS...BFP. Then I looked and saw that AF was already almost a week late.

This is exactly what happened to me. And, I had implantation spotting and spotting the for 2 days when AF was due. I just didn't realize it until after my BFP.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • imagefsumarie:
    Yes, I felt exactly like AF was coming.? I had cramps all day and all night.? I had some break outs and I was moody.? I was so shocked to get my BFP on our 1st month TTC.? I was in TOTAL shock!!!

This.?

• That's exactly what happened to me- cramping, irritable, headache, and spotting.  I told DH we were out for the month because AF had started!  I spotted very lightly for two days or so and then it stopped.  BFP on 13dpo!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.raisinghopehappinessandlucas.typepad.com 37 and dx with DOR...just fabulous
  • Totally. ?I was cramping and had ore boobs like I always do before my period. ?I totally a hormonal mess and was crying a couple days before my BFP cuz I knew my period was coming again that month and was so?frustrated?with trying to?conceive. ?I would run to the bathroom with a tampon in hand and then, nothing. ?I had been charting so I knew how long my LP was. ?After one day of being late I took a test and was surprised when I got a BFP. ?
    Me: 30, DOR with a FSH of 12.5
    DH: 31, no issues
    4-6/2012 100mg of Clomid + trigger + IUI/TI = BFN
    7/2012 150mg of Gonal-f + trigger + IUI = BFN
    8/2012 Surprise unmedicated BFP!! Due May 8, 2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did.  I swore AF was on her way
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"