Re: When did you start using diaper cream

• Options
    I never had to.
  • Options
    havent needed to yet
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When she got diaper rash at six weeks, but it was yeast so we had to use nystatin.
    IMG_6388
    Kylie 10/21/08
    Twin Ectopic - lost left tube 12/29/10
    Surprise BFP EDD 8/21/13
  • Options
    I think after a couple of weeks I just used it as a precautionary after about every other diaper change.  He hasn't had diaper rash yet! 
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • Options
    We used Aquaphor because DS had red skin when he was very young, he has sensitive skin. Now we just use Vaseline with every diaper change and never had to use diaper cream.
  • Options
    DD's bottom got really red and irritated when she was 1-2 weeks old.  We tried desitin, and it did nothing.  Our pedi recommended vaseline.  It works really well, and we put it on at least once a day to prevent problems.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Pretty much right away... she got pretty bad diaper rash (so bad it was a little bloody :( ) in the first week. 

I think it just depends on your LOs skin. It is already all healed up.

• Options
    Oh and we use A and D. 
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • Options
    We haven't had to use it.
  • Options
    my LO also got diaper rash right away at 1 week.  I switched to my CDs as soon as he got the rash, hoping it would help but it has been a total PITA using liners at every changing so I can use cream with these diapers.  It is clearing up - think it helps that we are just using water to wipe and being extra gentle/patting instead of wiping.  It is almost gone, but I am afraid to stop the cream b/c I felt so bad for his little bum.
  • Options
    We started in his first week.  We started with A&D, which didn't work so we tried a lanolin based cream, which didn't work, so we tried Desitin next.  Also didn't work.  Got a prescription, which didn't work.  By this point it was red and blistered and even bleeding!!  It was terrible!  But, my mom and I started giving him warm salt baths twice a day and we found a "home remedy" where you mix crushed mylanta tablets with ointment to make a paste.  We were desperate enough to try it.  One of the two, or both, cleared it right up.  He's all better now, but we still do a soak in warm salt water before his real bath as a precaution.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"