Blighted Ovum w/ natural m/c? — The Bump
Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Blighted Ovum w/ natural m/c?

The nurse at the walk-in clinic suggested that I could have had a blighted ovum.  The nurse practitioner I saw did not confirm or deny that suspician.

AF was due 3/7

BFP 3/11

Started to bleed 3/21

3/22 my horomone level was a 5 (with previous m/c it took 4-5 weeks to get that low).

3/24 my horomone level was a 2 - no longer PG.

Does this seem normal? 

It is all so odd to me.  I was told since I got PG w/ my m/c #1 6 weeks after I weened DD1 and this time 2 weeks after I weened DD2 that it appears that my progesterone levels are not stable/high enough to maintain pregnancy.

Re: Blighted Ovum w/ natural m/c?

• It sounds like a chemical pregnancy to me.  Did they do an u/s?  That would be the only way to confirm cp vs bo.  Sorry for your loss ((BIG HUGS))
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They only did one on 3/24 after 4 days of bleeding/clots/cramping.  It showed nothing.  I never thought of a CP.  I got a BFP - maybe that explains why the cramps and bleeding were so much less than before.....

Thanks - Hugs to you too!

• Loading the player...
  • It sounds like a chemical to me too.  My loss between DS and DD was a chemical. By the time we did bloodwork after I had already started bleeding I was at five and my doctor called it then. 

I am really sorry for your loss. 

Suzanne
    Mama to Lewis Elijah-11/18/05
    and Evangeline Mae - 12/06/07
    and two angels 3/17/07 at 5w and 12/16/08 - 11w partial molar pregnancy with bonus chemo
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Best Kind to Have-blog
  • I'm sorry for your loss.  Your story is very very similar to mine.  I got pg that 1st cycle after i weaned DD and that resulted in m/c at 6 wks and now I got pg again the 1st cycle after weaning DS and m/c'd yet again.  I'm not able to get pg while bfing becuase af doesn't come back until DC is a year and as long as I am still bfing my luteal phase is way too short to get pg.  So i think my cycle doesn't get back to normal and that could be causing my m/c's.  My DH is convinced of it, but my ob says there is no relation.  I would really appreicate any info you could give me b/c i don't know many others in the same situation as me.  when do you plan to ttc again?  I'm just so afraid it will happen again b/c my cycle won't be back to normal if we don't wait at least a few cycles.  i can't believe all of our pgs have been within months of each other.  your DDs are adorable!  best of luck to you!!  thanks for any advice or help. 
  • image sreilly:
    I'm sorry for your loss.  Your story is very very similar to mine.  I got pg that 1st cycle after i weaned DD and that resulted in m/c at 6 wks and now I got pg again the 1st cycle after weaning DS and m/c'd yet again.  I'm not able to get pg while bfing becuase af doesn't come back until DC is a year and as long as I am still bfing my luteal phase is way too short to get pg.  So i think my cycle doesn't get back to normal and that could be causing my m/c's.  My DH is convinced of it, but my ob says there is no relation.  I would really appreicate any info you could give me b/c i don't know many others in the same situation as me.  when do you plan to ttc again?  I'm just so afraid it will happen again b/c my cycle won't be back to normal if we don't wait at least a few cycles.  i can't believe all of our pgs have been within months of each other.  your DDs are adorable!  best of luck to you!!  thanks for any advice or help. 

Hugs!  Our stories are nearly identical.  After our last m/c, we waited one cycle and TTC-ed again immediately.  That is the plan again.  It took 2 cycles with DD2, so whenever we are blessed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards