Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

My baby is 6 months... no solids yet :(

My poor baby has not had solids yet! Am I late? I feel awful, the poor things watches every bite we take when eating. Haven't had time... I'm actually out of town on bussiness trip, miss her soooo much Crying Will feed her for the first time this weekend.... cereal? Veggies? Tell me what to start with, pleeeease

Re: My baby is 6 months... no solids yet :(

• Options

DD didn't have solids until she was 6.5 months old because we were on holiday and waited until we came back. Her doctor and nurses were all OK with it. Don't worry. I've seen a few others on here who waited longer than 6 months to start solids.

We started with avocado, then a few days later added cereal and a few days after that we did bananas. I think the next things were carrots, squash and sweet potatoes.

• Options

My almost 8 month old gets solids maybe 3-4 times a week and that didn't even begin until about 3 weeks ago... before she got a taste off my finger from my plate a handful of times so I don't think you're late at all :)

We skipped cereal, started off with some veggies and then fruit. We don't do baby food unless we are out and about and the restaraunt doesn;t have anything baby-friendly... otherwise she eats off our plates and we just mashed it with our work. He first bite was potatoes and then peas.

Good luck :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

we were told to wait till 6 months...so no worries.
    I was going to skip oatmeal and rice cereal and then my pedi said noooo way. they need the iron in it.
    so i use my magic bullet to puree some water, avocado and rice cereal together. it should be thin enough to slide right off the spoon....really watery for the 1st 4 days as you intro it to the baby, to help with poops.
    I really like the website wholesome baby food.

• Options
    I didn't even introduce solids until 7 mths old and even by 8 mths he wasn't getting them every day. Shortly after that though his interest ramped up and by 9mths he was up to 2 meals a day, 3 meals by 10 mths and at 11mths he was completely on table foods.
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • Options
    Thanks! Avocado? Fresh and you smash it?
  • Options
    Yup...like i said I puree it and add water....otherwise they may get constipated.
  • Options

We started about 6.5 months and he is totally caught up to other babies his age. No worries!

I started with sweet potatoes and carrots and slowly added in other foods

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"