Pregnant after 35

***Sistrkate***

Anything??  That is so unfair, and yes....no news is good news....that's what I'm going with!!  I imagine it can't be urgent if she's taking her sweet time in getting back to you!!!  Keeping all bodily parts crossed....even the eyes occasionally!!

Re: ***Sistrkate***

• Finally!  Finally, finally!!

I just got off the phone.  I am ecstatic.

The risk of Down's Syndrome is 1:303.  I had to do the math for my own sanity...........it means that there is a 99.9966996699669966996699669967% chance that the baby is perfectly normal.  Now I'm convinced! The risk of the other two chromosomal disorders (Trisomy 13 and 18) is 1:1341. That is so small that my Windows calculator can't even handle it.   I am feeling very good now!   When are you supposed to hear?
    Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • YAY! So happy for you, Kate!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am jumping up and down for you!!!!  What fantastic results!!  When mine finally do come in I am going to have you figure out what the % will be, I'm horrible at math!!

So, after reading this I called my Dr.  I really love that practice...no waiting around, no problems.....they got me on the phone with the NP and she says that she has my chart in her hands and that they can't give me numbers until the final blood draw (4/7) results come back, but from what she can see from the u/s and first bw, all looks good!!  Which of course makes me feel 80% more at ease!!  She asked about an amnio and I told her we'd wait on that after we got all the results back as I won't have one if the numbers are good....only if they find a severe marker or something similiar!!  I really am relieved to hear such great results for you!!  Finally, finally is right!!  Will you be doing something to celebrate??

• Great news!  I've just been through all this so I totally sympathize. 

My risks didn't decrease as much as yours and actually showed a pretty high risk (1:54 for trisomy 18) at 2nd draw of sequential screen so we opted for Amnio.  Just got my good news today with FISH results from Amnio.  All the major chromosomes (13,18,21) are all OK.  And the baby's sex was confirmed to be what they thought in 20 week u/s.  So now we know we're having a boy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"