Canada Babies
Options

What are your vacation plans?

Just wondering what everyone is up to for the summer.

We are going to PEI for a week with DH's family.  I am a bit nervous b/c we are sharing a cottage with his parents, but I am insisting we drive separatly so we can take off if we need to.

We are also camping for a week with my parents. 

I am excited to do the east coast.  Last year my sister and I drove out to BC and then up to the Yukon.  After this trip, I will have been everywhere in Canada except for Nfld, NWT and Nunavut.  (And DS too, but he wasn't born on the last trip)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: What are your vacation plans?

• Options

I LOVED PEI... so, so, so jealous!!

We camp a lot, so hopefully we'll be doing some more of that this summer.  I have to go back to work in June though- so that makes things a little trickier.

We're headed to Nelson in August- my parents turned 50 this year and had their 30th anniversary, so we're having a fairly large-ish family reunion.  We're also going to do a weekend at Nakusp Hotsprings, at least 2 weekends in Vancouver with the family, and we're thinking of meeting my sister down at the Gorge in Washington for a Dave Matthews concert.  My aunt lives nearby, so we probably won't camp there with DS, but she'll watch him and we'll go back to her place after or something.

Apart from that, lots of south okanagan camping.  So- sticking to BC/WA this year...

DS 06.26.08 DD 10.23.10
    imageimage
  • Options

I think we will be going to BC a bit and stay around here.  There will be some camping trips but no big plans yet.  Family reunion planned for August in Nelson too!  For realz.  Clays, is that where your parents are originally from?

I would love to go to PEI.  We went to Nova Scotia 2 years ago and i loved it.  Never been to Newfoundland but my H is always looking at the realestate there and "threatening" to move us out there.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My grandpa lived in Nelson for quite a while, so we're headed up August long weekend.  There's a creek there named for a great- great- great uncle or something, so we usually meet up there for a hike in and some camping with the fam
    DS 06.26.08 DD 10.23.10
    imageimage
  • Options

We're kicking around a few ideas so who knows what we'll end up doing til closer to the dates. DH has the last two weeks of August off. Some ideas are:

-getting a cabin at a KOA down on the Oregon Coast

-driving up to the Yukon

-getting a last minute deal to Hawaii or Puerto Vallarta

-driving down to San Diego

It all depends on whether we use the whole 2+ weeks or if DH wants to stay home for part of it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We plan on as much camping as the weather will allow.

Also we are looking to head to Montreal some time between now & October to visit as DH misses his friends and we both have family in the GTA which is pretty close of a drive. DH is a born and raised Montrealer so this trip is a must as no one has met DD yet and they are dying to.

• Options
    We are going to visit my in-laws in Ontario at the beginning of July for a week and we are going to Disneyland at the end of August with my parents, my sister, BIL, nephew and niece.  It will be the first time there for all of the kids.  It should be a blast.
  • Options

Since the baby is due in June, we probably won't go too far.  We have been tossing around the idea of heading to Jasper or Banff.  We did this when DS was 8 months old and it turned out to be the perfect family vacation :-)

• Options
    I'm due the middle of July, so we don't have any plans for this summer... which disappoints DH. we'll just have to see if I go early, or how my recovery goes.
  • Options

we plan on staying local, which will still be fun bc Port Dover, Turkey Point and Long Point are not too far away. That means beachtime fun for us!

We also plan on taking DD to Cleveland to visit some of DHs relatives

• Options
    We are planning on going to Disney in September with my parents and step sister.  Other than that a lot of cottage time.  DH gets his vacation pay in every cheque so we are trying to put money away but not having that paycheque after going away sucks so we don't go often.
    Kristin & Dave

Happy Easter

My Blog

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    We just booked a trip in May to Cabo when we will both be off work (DH on pat leave & me on vacation) But that is all we have planned until October when we will go on another trip somewhere yet to be determined!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"