Maryland Babies
Options

Moving to Baltimore!

Hey Mamas!

My husband just got accepted to law school at University of Baltimore for the fall. We have lived in Seattle our whole lives, so this is going to be quite the change. He is still looking at a few other schools, but we will most likely end up in the Baltimore/DC area. His parents live in Fallston, but besides that we know no one and really want to find a good place to live for the next three years (preferably a nice, cheap suburb) and I was curious if you had any recommendations. Thanks! 

Re: Moving to Baltimore!

• Options
    It's not a suburb, but my husband and I live in the Federal Hill section of Baltimore. We are in walking distance of two parks, many restaurants, boutiques and bars, and the Inner Harbor. Most of the homes are brick rowhouses -- and the moms' groups here seem to be particularly strong. Everyone meets at the parks or Spoons coffeehouse. Federal Hill is a very walkable, family-friendly and dog-friendly neighborhood. One caveat: the immediate area where the bars are resembles a college frat house on weekends. Good luck with your move!
  • Options

You may want to post this on the Baltimore Local Board via the nest. This board moves awful slow.

Congratulations and good luck on your move. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Well, I guess it depends on where DH decides to go to law school but for UB - hmmm, nice and cheap and suburbs doesn't really go together here in Baltimore but you may find a nice place in Parkville/White Marsh.

If he goes to school more towards the DC area, the price is going to go up a lot!  But Columbia is nice from what I've heard, personally I get lost just thinking about driving in Columbia. 

It's pretty trendy here to live in the city and you can find a decent house at a decent price.  I live in Charles Village and its very nice and quiet and not all that far from UB.  There are a lot of nice neighborhoods in the city.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hi, Late to the thread. It all depends on your idea of cheap. The Catonsville area is very close to the city, not so close to Fallston and depending on your needs may be in a good price rangefor you. In my mind I think Seattle has a HCOL so it not be so bad. Plus the market is great and there are a ton of nice houses for sale in the area.
  • Options

Catonsville is nice, especially if you like older homes - not run-down, but lots of historic homes, big front porches, really beautiful.

Also, nearby is Arbutus.  It's 15 minutes into downtown but def a suburb.

• Options
    Also recently lived in Federal Hill and still go to church there and visit the  restaurants,bars and shops frequently. MISS IT!
  • Options

I grew up in arbutus and my parents still live there...It is a great place plenty of great schools and activites...

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimage BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"