3rd Trimester
Options

NEWS FLASH TO ME: Distinctify may not be a word...

According to dictionary.com distinctify may not be a word... This disturbs me on multiple levels.  At what point in life did I pick this up and believe that it was a word?  I am fairly certain I may have used this in papers when I was in grad school.  There is no PHD who pointed this out to me?  It sounds real and it's easy to figure out what it means...

This is worse than my potassium banana leg cramp blunder circa two weeks ago...

Re: NEWS FLASH TO ME: Distinctify may not be a word...

• Options
    LOL! It reminds me of the militant guy from In Living Color episodes.
  • Options
    We should petition Webster's to make it official. I like it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't feel too bad... DH used to think that eavesdropping was called eavestroughing until I set him straight a few years ago HAHA that was a funny conversation.
  • Options
    I love it! I will adopt your make-believe word, leanne.
  • Options

Simply blame your pregnancy brain...it's a very valid excuse. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It sounds like a Harry Potter spell.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagerbidi:
    LOL! It reminds me of the militant guy from In Living Color episodes.

lol! that's exactly what i thought of too.

• Options
    also, some industries have their own set of words that are commonplace, but not in the dictionary. I've had to add words to the Word dictionary just to keep that darn red underline from littering my reports, lol.
  • Options

imageMumma2B:
    Don't feel too bad... DH used to think that eavesdropping was called eavestroughing until I set him straight a few years ago HAHA that was a funny conversation.

This just literally made me giggle out loud! :)

• Options

We'll add it to the bump glossary.  People make up things all the time around here, why not words? 

Plus your post made me laugh, so thank you!  :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

This makes me LOL!

My hubs is notorious for making up words and mixing 2 words together. Most recently it was "gription" when he was trying to describe anything grippy (i think this came up when I needed slipper socks for my bag)

Once we were having an argument and he told me to stop being so "dramastic" (i.e. dramatic meets drastic). Needless to say we couldn't stop laughing so that argument put itself to rest.

• Options
    imageasnowracer:

This makes me LOL!

My hubs is notorious for making up words and mixing 2 words together. Most recently it was "gription" when he was trying to describe anything grippy (i think this came up when I needed slipper socks for my bag)

My DH soooo uses the word 'gription' he says it's a good combo of grip and traction. He thinks he's brilliant. I think he's a weirdo.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"