Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

ds doesnt want his bottle anymore!

it has been SUCH a struggle to get him to take a few ounces..nevermind an entire bottle.  do babies start to "self wean"? 

he has a diary sensitivity so i dont think he will be going to cows milk...maybe soy (soy pudding and yogurt are ok for him).  do i start to intro soy milk in a sippy?  do i intro it in a bottle? 

im sure i should just wait and talk to our pedi but his appointment isnt for a month and i am concerned he isnt getting enough!

i should also add that he began using a sippy cup like a pro at 6-7 months and for the past month or two he only wants to chew on them and will only drink if i tip it up for him.

any help would be wonderful! :)

Re: ds doesnt want his bottle anymore!

• Options
    We are going through the same thing.  DS has no interest in his bottle and he is milk/soy intolerant too.  We have been trying to keep him on his hypoallergenic formula for a few more months until we figure out what he can tolerate.  Our pedi and nutritionist told us to try yogurt and cheese first to see how he does, so far he has been fine.  Then they said to introduce small amounts of milk or soy mixed with his formula and gradually increase the amount,  Our pedi also said that he doesn't need milk, soy, or formula after a year if he is getting enough calcium and nutrients from the food he is eating.  Luckily DS is a great eater and we have found a lot of calcium rich foods to supplement with since he is not wanting his formula anymore.  We have tried formula in sippies and he won't drink it, but it's worth a try.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"