Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Those that are PG and charted...

We are TTC #2 and are about to move to cycle 4. I tested at 12 DPO and got a BFN. AF should be here tomorrow so that is why I say we will be moving to cycle #4.

I want to try charting and wanted to see when might be the best time to temp. DS does not sleep though the night and DH and I take turns getting up to tend to DS who wakes up many times.

I'm not sure when to temp since you are supposed to do it the same time every morning. Unfortunately I don't have that luxury.

Any suggestions? I have also used OPK's for the last 2 cycles and I never got a positive. Not sure if it's the brand or not but I do feel O pains every month.

Re: Those that are PG and charted...

• Options

It's hard when you are getting up a lot at night because really the best time to temp is before you get out of bed in the morning, at the same time every day.  I would say temp as close to "getting up time" as possible and after you've been in bed for at least 2 hours.  Do you think that would work for you?

I used OPKs for 20 months and never once got a positive.  I switched to the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor which was way more accurate for me.  It may be worth the investment for you and a better option that temping.

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

I haven't charted, but have heard the in the am before you get out of bed is the best time to temp, and to make sure that you do it everyday at the same time. I have also heard good review from the BOTB board about the book  Taking Charge of you Fertility which from when I scanned through it looked to be mostly about charting.

I have use OPK, I have had bad luck with the CLBE OPK, not the one that Jan is talking about, but the one that is like $40.00 and you find at any drug store. It never really gave me a +. Last cycle I tried the Answer brand, and like the way they work. I have my fingers crossed for a BFP in  few days. GL to you!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I am in the same boat as you.  I charted when TTC DS, and always took my temps right before getting out of bed in the am...but since I am getting up in the night with DS now, same as you, it will be harder to get accurate temps.  TCOYF says you need to temp around the same time everyday and after 3 consecutive hours of sleep...which can be hard if you are getting up with DC.  In the back of the book TCOYF, there is a section all about charting when breastfeeding, and it talks about getting up in the night.  Maybe that would help you.

If you figure out a solution, let me know...because I am struggling with this, too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Taking Charge of Your Fertility has a section that deals with charting when you have a toddler. You might check to see if the library has it, though I recommend reading it. It was very empowering for me, personally, to understand so much about my body (and I have 2 biology degrees, I thought I knew all there was about it!)
  • Options

Hey lady!  I am charting right now (see link in siggy!).  It is soooooooo easy and really addicting.  I feel like it is some cool science experiment.  I read that you really need to use your opk's twice a day (and not morn pee) to be accurate.  They say afternoon and evening, otherwise you could actually miss your LH surge.  I use the strips by Answer, it is a pack of 20 for $11.  They are not as easy to read as digital, but they are a lot cheaper! 

GL-  Maybe we will be KU soon together!!!

• Options
    The only thing I can do is set the alarm for about an hour earlier than she has ever woken up.  I go right to sleep after so it's no big deal to temp and go back to sleep. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"