Multiples
Options

question about Hcg levels

I am really early --only about 5 weeks, i had to go in for sharp pains on monday --but because it was so early they couldnt see anything on the u/s and had me take a series of blood tests

the first was only 425 on monday night

then thursday it was 2526 and then friday (yesterday it was close to 5000.--they did a u/s and only saw one sac (ruling out extopic and blighted ovum)--but the dr said my numbers were rising quicker than expected--I havent seen my ob/gyn yet, this was just a family practioner at the after hours center at my hospital.  he half jokingly said it might be twins because of the hcg levels--i dont see my dr for another two weeks . . . any thoughts?--i see differing information but most say doubleing every 2-3 days is normal, but i more than quadrupled in 3 days and doubled in less than 24 hours after that ..  .

thanks

BFP#1 twins--m/c Baby B-- DC#1 DS 03/22/05 BFP#2 m/c 2006 BFP#3/DC#2 DD 10/22/09 BFP #4! EDD 9/15/12 at 9 dpo BabyFruit Ticker

Re: question about Hcg levels

• Options
    Gosh-I'm just not sure based on your numbers.  Twins are really hard to predict for certain anyway with Hcg levels, so I'd just say try to hang in there until your 6-7 week u/s when you'll know something for sure.  Good luck.
  • Options

the numbers don't really mean anytihng bc of the huge over laps btwn singles and multiples. Check out this site though, and see where you lie.

https://www.betabase.info/

no day but today~ RENT  *HEG survivors*
    ::where a sig pic would go if TB wasn't a d*ck::
     Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You don't say what DPO those betas were taken on, so it's hard to say if those are big numbers or not. Doubling fast is a good thing I think, so no worries. I also recommend betabase.info.

My numbers were 344 at 15 DPIUI and 1564 at 19 DPIUI. I thought those numbers sounded  high, but the nurse was like, oh no those are singleton numbers.... but my u/s at 5w3d showed 2 sacs pretty clearly. But I think that several people here have had a dr overlook a 2nd sac at a 5 or 6wk u/s so it's possible.

- Jena
  • Options
    sjpsjp member

thanks--my levels definately fit more closely into the multiples category.  The nurse called and said to wait a few weeks for my next appt unless im in pain again--

ugh--so i guessi wont know until the 24th . . .

:)

BFP#1 twins--m/c Baby B-- DC#1 DS 03/22/05 BFP#2 m/c 2006 BFP#3/DC#2 DD 10/22/09 BFP #4! EDD 9/15/12 at 9 dpo BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    sjpsjp member

**update**

dr's office called, they want to see me a week earlier than my next appt--16th now . . . it was just the nurse, she just said cause of my Hcg levels and back pain . . . so frustrating

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"