Indiana Babies
Options

paternity leave! squee!

Brian just asked his boss for the "best case scenario" for leave after the baby comes, assuming his boss would come back with a lesser deal.

Turns out, boss was very quick to approve his request! He's taking two full weeks after the baby comes, and then the following two weeks will work half-days. Technically he's using vacation but had enough accrued that he had to use it this year anyway.

SO excited!

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: paternity leave! squee!

• Options
    Lauren, that's AWESOME! Hooray!!!
  • Options
    WOW!  Fab news!  I'll be lucky to have Shawn home for a week.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That is awesome!  It will be really nice for both of you to not worry about work while you are adjusting to the new baby!

Amy

• Options
    That is AWESOME and I hope when the time comes, Jarrett can work out a great deal with his boss like that!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

That's great that he gets to be home so long... but why would they not approve it since it's earned vacation time?  Is it a busy time of year for them at work or something?

T.J. gets 2w paid paternity leave, so he's going to use one right after baby, and one when his parents come.  We might have him take another week of regular vacation right away, too... not sure yet, and probably depends on what kind of work schedule he's got.

Jen & T.J. 6.17.06 BabyBlog * my chart *
    Joseph Henry was born at home on March 9, 2009
    Nora Mae was born at home on October 30, 2011
  • Options
    imageDomerJenC:

That's great that he gets to be home so long... but why would they not approve it since it's earned vacation time?  Is it a busy time of year for them at work or something?

At our university, just because you have earned vacation time doesn't mean you can take it anytime you want. You still have to have your boss' approval for certain days. For example, I can't take any vacation in the fall because we're too busy. Brian wouldn't be able to take a vacation day on a day they have an event, etc.

Brian basically runs his office, and his boss (the "figurehead", if you will) travels A LOT, so he wasn't sure that he'd be able to have such a long chunk of time away.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    That is great!!
  • Options
    that's great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
    DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

• Options
    OMG that is WONDERFUL news!  Congrats!
  • Options
    that's great! Matt took off 2 1/2 weeks to be with us and I honestly thought I was going to be sick of him, but I cried when he went back cause he was SO helpful when he was home with me.  It's such a nice thing to have them around, b/c the first few weeks are hard (just being sleep deprived).  It was great that he could watch her while I took a nap or did something else.
  • Options
    That's great!!  The half days will be a big help to you getting adjusted to him not being there all day.  I thought I was going to go crazy the first 24 hour shift Logan worked.  It was a loooong day.  haha.
  • Options
    Thats great!
  • Options
    ah, well that makes sense :)  i'm glad they approved the time off!  i'm sure it'll be awesome having him there so you can tag team and learn together!
    Jen & T.J. 6.17.06 BabyBlog * my chart *
    Joseph Henry was born at home on March 9, 2009
    Nora Mae was born at home on October 30, 2011
  • Options
    that's awesome!  That will be a huge help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"