Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Happy Mardi Gras!!!

Today is Fat Tuesday. I plan on making the day live up to it's name.
?
Tomorrow Lent starts? Anyone giving up anything? I can't decide what to give up. I toyed with the idea of giving up thenest/bump, but I don't know if I can do it.?

Re: Happy Mardi Gras!!!

• Options

I saw a King Cake at the grocery store yesterday & I soo wanted to buy it. I resisted. I can't help it, I LOVE desserts!!!

Giving up the nest/bump would be difficult, but I think you could do it if you put your mind to it!! We would miss you if you gave us up!

Me:37 DH: 40
    TTC #2
    High fsh/DOR
    Pregnant after 1 year of trying! Ended in m/c 2/4/11
    Cycle #1 with RE: Clomid 50mg =BFN
    Acupuncture & vitamins/DHEA started
    Cycle #2 Clomid 100mg April 2011= BFP!! missed m/c D&C done 5/25/11 at 7 weeks 3 days Cycling at RBA's frozen donor egg clinic. Start Lupron on June 18th. 7/25/12 Transferred 1 perfect Embryo, 3 frozen! 8/3/12 beta #1 146, 8/6 beta #2 526, 8/13 beta #3 9,108. 1st U/S on 8/21 showed our perfect little embryo split! We are having Identical Twins!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Happy Mardi Gras to you!

I started the day off right - chocolate mini-doughnuts and a Diet Dr. Pepper before I even left the house, hee.  Thank goodness our treadmill comes tomorrow.

I know someone who is giving up the Nest/Bump for Lent; I've toyed with giving up FB because I spend wwwaaaaayyy too much time on there.  Or shopping, with the exception of groceries, formula and diapers (I shop way too much, really).  Hm.  I'll have to think about it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

No, you can't give us up! 

BTW - loved your red beans & rice at the GTG.  Thanks again.

• Options

I'm giving up exercising.

Wait, I don't exercise anyway ... hmm ....

;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• Options

Happy Mardi Gras!!!

• Options

Instead of giving something up for Lent, I usually try to do something positive.

This year I think I am going to do the Love Dare. It's 40 days long, and I really need to be nicer and more appreciative of the DH.

https://www.booksamillion.com/product/9780805448658?id=4300560774310

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    maybe I will give up chocolate. 
    DD#1 is such a big girl! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imageJessibell:

Instead of giving something up for Lent, I usually try to do something positive.

This year I think I am going to do the Love Dare. It's 40 days long, and I really need to be nicer and more appreciative of the DH.

https://www.booksamillion.com/product/9780805448658?id=4300560774310

Dh and I are reading this book now, we are on day 11 and so far it's highly recommended from me! Enjoy!

• Options

That reminds me I need to change my siggy pic!

I don't reallly do the whole give up stuff thing.  Isn't that a Catholic thing?  I guess I could, though, but I like Jessi's idea better.  My mom has metioned that Love Dare book to me.  Maybe I should check it out.

• Options

imagelizzyjames:
    maybe I will give up chocolate. 

Oh, bite your tongue, missy!  ;) 

Actually, that's what I used to give up for Lent all the time growing up - no candy or soda until Easter.  Every single year! 

imageMrs.Donkey:

That reminds me I need to change my siggy pic!

I don't reallly do the whole give up stuff thing.  Isn't that a Catholic thing?  I guess I could, though, but I like Jessi's idea better.  My mom has metioned that Love Dare book to me.  Maybe I should check it out.

Lent represents the 40 days Jesus spent in the desert, where he was tempted by Satan.  Interestingly enough, "giving something up for Lent" comes from the Protestants, as Lent is considered a choice rather than an obligation.  Fasting and abstinence (there is a difference) are more strictly Catholic.

• Options
    I'm celebrating with stuffed artichokes! Yum-o! As for giving up things, I'll give up a few pounds, or I'll try at least! ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Happy Mardi Gras. Had to put up G's pic with his wonderful Mardi Gras hat you made!! I think I might try Jessibell's idea as well.
  • Options
    Ahhh, I see.  Thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"