North Carolina Babies
Options

How much should I pay?

A friend of mine told me she'd sell her medela double pump to me.  She has used it and she rented it out to someone else so it's had 2 users.  I would buy the extra parts, etc to go with it so that'd be an extra cost and not something that I'd really need to buy from her.

I asked her how much she wanted for it and she said she needed to talk to her husband to see what he said.  She's supposed to call me soon and let me know.  

I'm wondering how much you think I should pay for it.  I've heard people say they bought used medela pumps off Ebay for $40.  I feel better about buying a used pump from someone I know but I don't want to spend too much more than $40 if I could get a used one for that. 

So what do you think is a fair price?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How much should I pay?

• Options
    I'd say no more than $40 or $50 since you are going to sink at least $50 in news part etc.  Plus like you said it's used twice over.
  • Options
    Be careful with used pumps for sure. They are only built for a certain number of uses and the pump will go out. (if it is an EP) If there have already been 2 previous users, it may not have very much juice left to run. Good luck!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

What kind of medela pump is it? ?The reason i ask is because both times I was in the hospital and using their pump, they gave me (well I'm sure its probably on the hospital bill and paid by the insurance company) the kit that goes with the medela pump, so you might not HAVE to buy new parts. ?Just something to keep in mind.

I would research how much one of them would cost brand new. ?and i definitely would not pay more then half of that cost (if even that much) for a used one, especially one that has had 2 users.?

• Options

imageLalabee0425:
    Be careful with used pumps for sure. They are only built for a certain number of uses and the pump will go out. (if it is an EP) If there have already been 2 previous users, it may not have very much juice left to run. Good luck!

This is what I was thinking too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I probably would not buy a pump that had already gone through 2 users. ?Well, I guess you need to know how long they used it. ?If it was just for a month each, then I may still purchase it, but if they used it long term, that pumps motor is probably losing power and may go.
  • Options

imageEvans:
    I probably would not buy a pump that had already gone through 2 users.  Well, I guess you need to know how long they used it.  If it was just for a month each, then I may still purchase it, but if they used it long term, that pumps motor is probably losing power and may go.

Ditto. Pumps are only designed for so many uses. It can actually affect your supply to use a pump that's motor is not working well. I would find out how much it was used by each person.  If they each just used it occassionally, then it's probably ok.  But if either one of them EP'ed or used it for over 6 months, then I'd be hesitant. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"