July 2024 Moms
Options

May Randoms

2»

Re: May Randoms

• Options
    sph97sph97 member
    With my April 22 group we moved to Facebook about a month before our birth month! 
  • Options
    I got my TDAP yesterday and it kicked my ass about 10 hours after the shot. LIke, migraine, stiff neck, nausea. Oof. I went to bed at 8pm. I just had one 3 years ago and I remember getting a little tired and my arm hurting like hell, but not the rest of this nonsense! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jhysmathjhysmath member
    Had a 32 week us today. Found out baby is breech. Going to be doing all the things to try and flip this baby. But my first was breech so I'm not too hopeful. 
  • Options
    sph97sph97 member
    Spinning babies has daily activities and weekly activities to help motivate your baby to turn! 
    The jiggle is my favorite. You lay with an extended knees like the miles circuit and your husband basically gently jiggles your butt cheek/thigh. Sounds weird, is so comfy it helps me fall asleep, and turned my first head down at 34 weeks!!!
  • Options
    @robotpopcan I hope you're feeling better! I got mine last week and I think I felt the beginnings of a cold the next day and some soreness in my arm but otherwise pretty mild symptoms
    Me: 28 | Him: 31
    Married: 11/12/16
    BFP: 02/09/17
    FTM | EDD: 10/13/17

Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    It lasted about a day but not too bad after that initial WTF reaction my body had!
  • Options
    jhysmathjhysmath member
    @sph97 I've tried all of the spinning babies things but I don't remember the jiggle from 6 years ago. I'm willing to give anything a try. Last time I even had an inversion table I borrowed from a friend and would hang upside down watching TV lol
  • Options
    I've officially gotten to the point where I don't know how I'm going to make it 9 more weeks working full time. (For context I have a really limited parental leave and need to wait until the last minute to use it)
  • Options
    mixedqt21mixedqt21 member
    I feel you @robotpopcan and I am so happy I’m blessed this pregnancy to take some time off before baby. With my daughter I worked up until she was born and it was awful. Sending you all the positive energy to get to the finish line!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It’s only May and I am a furnace. I already bought a personal fan because I am overheating! Every time I say I’m due in July people are so concerned with the misery of pregnancy in the summer 🤣 
  • Options
    jhysmathjhysmath member
    @robotpopcan I was just telling the receptionist today she needed to figure out how to get me an appointment that wasn't in the middle of the day because I can't be wasting time at Drs appointments when I need all my time to pay me once baby is here. 

@mixedqt21 I personally loved my summer pregnancy, but as a teacher that meant the last couple months I wasn't at work and I was floating in the neighbors pond or talking the kids somewhere to swim. It was very relaxing. 
  • Options
    @robotpopcan I'm struggling so much too! I wanted to save vacation time since it feels wasteful to use it up now, but I can't even picture going to work another 5.5 weeks 😫 this hip pain is killing me and no amount of sleep feels like it's enough

@jhysmath for real, I hate having to use 3-4 hours of sick leave for every appointment because the clinic closes early so it's halfway impossible to get anything later than 2pm 😒 I'm here with 15 hours left and at least 4 more visits on the horizon

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 22
    i had my 32 week appt today and i am so grateful and over the moon excited/happy! 🥳 baby is head down, growing right on track, fluid is good, blood pressure is good, heart rate is good and strong and everything is honestly just going so well and i appreciate it 🥹💛 thank you x100 
  • Options
    jhysmathjhysmath member
    @winterecho have you been to a chiropractor yet. They do wonderful things for your hips. 
  • Options
    @jhysmath no I've never been to one, but I found a few YouTube videos with some stretches I've been trying during the night when I first feel the pains and again in the mornings. They've been helping immensely! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I went to see my doc yesterday and I feel my appointment took a wild turn 😭 she was trying to schedule me for a C section for my 39 or 40 weeks and I was like woah I was hoping we can do a VBAC this time around since the CS recovery was pretty hard on me

Then she told me that she'll need to refer me to a doctor at the hospital to potentially take over the rest of my prenatal care because she doesn't think anyone at the practice will take on a VBAC delivery 😳 so now I'm waiting to see about an appointment for that

There's still the possibility they will say I'm not a good candidate for a VBAC and have to schedule me for a CS anyway 😩 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @winterecho i hope you get the birthing experience you want 💛
  • Options
    jhysmathjhysmath member
    @winterecho I hope your able to find someone to do your vbac. I had one with my third and it was much better recovery than the two C-sections I had prior. I know the hospital and midwife I'm seeing I can't have a vbac so I have a video consult with the mfm at a larger hospital and I've planned since the beginning to transfer there for delivery. I figure at big hospitals you never know who will deliver you so I can get prenatal care from anyone. 

If you haven't found them yet. The vbac link has lots of great info. If you like podcasts I love listening to theirs, I've also been on it for my vba2c. 
  • Options
    @winterecho oh no! I hope you get the birth experience you want and that it all goes well. 
  • Options
    y’all stay hydrated 💛 it’s 103 where i live in tx
  • Options
    If anyone needs me, I'll be sleeping 

• Options
    Am I the only one taking more than 1 nap a day some days?? I imagine it’s because my sleep sucks but I go down for the count like a toddler!
  • Options
    @mixedqt21 If I can catch more than one nap a day, I'm lucky

• Options
    are any of y’all feeling very sore in the abdomen area? like my sides hurt and sometimes the whole belly and the ligaments of course, i don’t think they braxton hicks and i don’t think it’s labor either 😂 my guess is that it’s just the baby growing & my uterus expanding pains but sheesh my body is uncomfortable 
  • Options
    I know it's the Braxton Hicks when it's super tight, but I feel mostly pressure by my bladder. When I'm in bed I feel I do need to shift so my belly is propped up on the mattress otherwise I'll feel some discomfort on my sides. I had a scan today and baby is head down which makes sense with all this lower pressure! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    honestly i just need to stay hydrated! 
  • Options
    jhysmathjhysmath member
    @mixedqt21 I wish I could take a nap... I miss naps. We're constantly on the go here. On the weekend if I can get my 1 year old to nap I might fall asleep with her, but normally the 4 or 6 year old comes in needing something. 
  • Options
    jhysmathjhysmath member
    I've found 2 doulas that need observation of birth to complete their certification so they'll sign up to help out with my birth if I make it to the city I'm supposed to give birth at the time and don't end up at a local ER again. I'm excited as I think this one will be big like my second and her 48+ labor turned C-section was not so much fun with no support during COVID. 
  • Options
    sph97sph97 member
    @jhysmath you are a super mom! I couldn’t imagine juggling 3 kids right now. I feel so bad for running out of patience with my 2 y/o but he has become OBSESSIVELY clingy lately. I can’t use the bathroom, cook, clean- NOTHING without him following me crying yelling “mama rock! Mama hold me!” I’m confined to my couch or recliner with a tiny human laid all up on me 24/7. I swear if he could crawl back in my womb he would! I’m so touched out by the end of the day. My husband got upset with me last night for being so irritable but I just needed some space with no one yelling or touching me. Definitely makes me nervous for this baby to arrive. 
  • Options
    jhysmathjhysmath member
    @sph97 I remember feeling like there was no way I could handle two kids shortly before my second arrived, but things just kind of line up she work out. My difficulties right now come from getting the 1 year old to sleep seeing without boobs as I weaned her a couple weeks ago. By the time she falls asleep I'm exhausted and frustrated she hasn't fallen asleep. 

My oldest was definitely a bit more clingy before my second came, it's like they know they need to soak it all up. We both cried a lot when my time became divided between her and the new baby. My second handled it a lot better when my third arrived.