1st Trimester

Pregnant at 41

2»

Re: Pregnant at 41

• peppyj9peppyj9 member
    I'm 40 and 4weeks pregnant with my 2nd. I'll be 41 when this one is born. I had my first at 35 and it was a great pregnancy and an uncomplicated scheduled C-section. I'm hoping for a similar experience this time around! 🙏🏻
  • Loading the player...
  • I was 41 years old when I had my first baby. I had a perfect pregnancy! Felt wonderful the entire time. Never had morning sickness or anything. Heartburn and swelling feet were the only 2 issues I dealt with, but it was well worth it. I did get induced and my daughter didn’t budge. I ended up having a c-section after 3 days of labor. That was because I was trying hard to go natural. When they told me I couldn’t hold off anymore, we did the c-section, but I recovered very well. My daughter is a very healthy, beautiful 5 year old today. The crazy thing is that I am now pregnant again (almost 8 weeks) and I’m 46! I have been told I would never likely have children prior to my daughter. I had PCOS and a thyroid issue. I take thyroid meds and with both pregnancies, we did not have any interventions from a fertility clinic. My husband had a vasectomy reversed after 8 years. So far, no morning sickness or anything this go round. We did lose 2 others in the early weeks of pregnancy in the past. The most recent was in January of this year. The HCG levels dropped both times. So far, with this one,
    the levels are looking good. I did get out on progesterone. No weird side effects. All is good so far! Praying it all goes well!