August 2023 Moms
Options

May Randoms

2»

Re: May Randoms

• Options
    lmn823lmn823 member
    @estadt I’ll never understand the discourtesy for asking inappropriate questions. I would never come out of my face and be like hmmm are you sure you are?? All bodies are different. I’m not super big but like I said in my past post my mom loves to call me fat. It’s a cultural thing since she’s not born in the US and I am. All I know is I would never say any of those things to anyone. 
  • Options
    estadtestadt member
    @lmn823 I am just frustrated because it brings up other anxieties. I don’t get another ultrasound for a few weeks so no clue how baby is growing but enjoying feeling there kicks and taking comfort I never got a big belly with my daughter and everyone thought she would be a small baby but she was 8lbs 3ozs I just keep my babies tucked in close. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @estadt I’m sorry. People have no filter around pregnant people. That’s why I waited forever to tell everyone this time and I still haven’t made any official announcement. 

I carry all in my belly and my babies have both been on the smaller side, 5lbs, 14oz and 6lbs, 9oz. So I get the opposite, still not cool. My youngest’s preschool teacher commented to me last week how it will be nice that I would not be pregnant all summer. When I told her I was due in August her jaw literally dropped open. I felt self conscious all weekend about my size after that. 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    estadtestadt member
    @novelblessings ugh people just need to learn when to be quite. There is enough going on during pregnancy we don’t need these comments. 
  • Options
    I took the kids to the park and an old lady asked me if I was trying to break the tie with this pregnancy. 🙄 I was like, I have 4 boys and 2 girls, there isn’t a tie to break. She just kept on and on about the sex of my baby that I finally told her I was going to have a third girl but we lost her. Ugh, why are people so pushy about the gender of unborn babies? 
  • Options
    @estadt I’m so sorry. Comments about our bodies during pregnancy are so infuriating—we are either too pregnant (“yOu sUrE it’s nOt tWiNs in tHeRe?!”) or not pregnant enough for people (“I LoOk LiKe tHaT aFteR eAtiNg a BurRiTo!”) and it drives me up the wall.

@ccmrc143 how is your little guy today?? Croup is terrifying. I hope you get some answers when you see the ENT.

On the learning opportunities front, I need a couple of stitches after my third and I said sure, fine to letting the student do the stitches. It was 1000% worse than the entire unmedicated labour and delivery 😂 I was like ok yes you clearly need to practice, but I really regret letting you practice on me. 
  • Options
    I am a “retired” RN (now stay at home momma) so because of that I let all students and residents come into my first birth, I even let the resident stitch me up haha, with guidance from my actual OB. 

@ccmrc143 I’m so sorry for the bad experience with the doctor, I hope you don’t see that doctor again and get someone more compassionate and detailed. I also hope your little one gets seen by ENT soon and doesn’t suffer from these episodes anymore! And I’m praying for your baby’s heart condition to be something easily fixed 🤍 
  • Options
    @lmn823 I never got to respond to your post about your mom saying the hurtful things to you, I wanted to give you a hug! So sorry you’re going through that toxic relationship while trying to enjoy this beautiful season of pregnancy (despite the uncomfortable symptoms it brings haha). 
    Also you’ve gained a normal amount so she’s bananas. 
  • Options
    @estadt it’s quite annoying having people comment on our bellies but just try your best to ignore them and since you already know your first daughter was a healthy size and you were small then it’s a great possibility it will be the same case this time around :) 
    today a “friend” of mine who is pregnant as well and due in 3 weeks saw me and said I was huge. I’m like girrrrll you’re pregnant you should know you’re not supposed to say things like that 😂 but I was like yuuuppp I’m huge whatever I’m just happy to have a baby. 

• Options
    @emeraldcity603 ugh yes the gender pushing thing!! Several “friends” have said “aw I wanted you to have a girl” since I already have a boy, I was like what the heck is wrong with y’all! I prayed for this baby I don’t care if it’s a boy or girl  so why should you -_-
  • Options
    Someone had to get rescued on the mudflats today. The mud is super thick and acts just like quicksand. If you walk on it you have to keep moving or you will sink pretty fast. The guy was fishing and the tide came in and the water was up to his chest before rescuers got him free. So scary! We play on the mudflats but only at low tide and we stay very close to the edge so even if the tide came in it wouldn’t be an issue. Crazy! I was so scared of quicksand growing up in the 90’s. I never thought in a million years I would actually live near something that acts just like it. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity603 that is terrifying. Glad he was okay. Also growing up in the 90s I thought quicksand would be way more of a thing in my daily life than it actually is…which for me is not at all.
  • Options
    @msjaay I’m sorry to hear that😕 have you had your follow up yet? How did it go?

I feel really stupid this morning last night I was running behind and by the time I made it out to put up the chickens and ducks it was dark there are lights around the coop but it’s pretty dim inside so I decided to bring my head lamp and put it on my shoulder (when it’s on my head I get bugs all over my face so I thought I’d try it this way) everything started out ok I go in get the food dispenser and come back with the hose before going back in I notice a spider the size of my palm on the roof of the coop right above the door ( I’ve had major arachnophobia all of my life it’s gotten significantly better in recent years especially working a homestead in a subtropical climate but if they are rather large or startle me I still struggle) I sprayed it with the hose to get it to move and went in now I’m in an enclosed space in the dark with an aggressive rooster that I have to hold at bay with a stick in one hand and fill the waters with the hose in the other while being blinded by the headlamp I so brilliantly put on my shoulder🤦‍♀️ once the waters are filled I am trying to one handed pick up the four eggs that have been laid since the last time I was in the coop hold the rooster at bay and watch the spider who I now see is right on the door frame of the coop all so here’s where things go south my fear gets the better of my and I decided to sprint past the spider out of the coop with a hose and 5’x2” wooden dowel in one hand and four eggs in the other I tripped on the threshold went completely airborne and slammed into the maternity ward coop I don’t really know what happened I remembered feeling my foot catch then scrambling up off the second coop because I can’t allow myself to be that vulnerable so close to the rooster I must have punched the coop or something in the fall though since my thumb was bleeding pretty good under the nail when I took my gloves off and is extremely sore this morning I don’t know what hit my face but my jaw was red and sore last night seems ok this morning so it couldn’t have been to bad when I came inside immediately after I was shaking from adrenaline and was covered in mud from midway up my thighs to my feet my elbows to wrist and my bump😞 the dirt/mud on my bump was a lot lighter than my legs and arms which makes me think I didn’t actually hit my stomach unfortunately it all happened so fast and I got up so quick I don’t think I really processed exactly what happened I cleaned up and laid down asap inside and my husband finished taking care of the chickens and ducks apparently I only smashed two eggs so he was able to salvage the other two once I laid down and drank water our little one was moving around like normal I just feel so stupid for putting myself in this position over a spider that probably wouldn’t have moved a muscle if I walked past it calmly sorry for the long post just wanted to get it off my chest and feel pretty embarrassed by the situation so this seemed and appropriate place to share 
  • Options
    @AlexisJoy92 I too would have panicked, I have severe arachnophobia. Glad baby is doing fine despite your fall, hope your injuries get better fast!
  • Options
    Just took my glucose test! Doc said she was surprised by how high I'm carrying. I have pretty bad hip pain. Laying down, I have one hip that pops in and out of place. Hurts to walk when I get up in the mornings and sitting to eat b fast is horrible.  Got a referral to a chiropractor. 
  • Options
    @tiredmommallama I tried seeing a chiro for my back pain but my insurance made it so complicated I just gave up. Hope you get relief! 
  • Options
    estadtestadt member
    We went to the cottage this weekend, holy mosquito! Even covering up and avoiding when they where bad I got so many bites! I also over did it with seasonal clean up I have been trying to recover the last few days