November 2023 Moms

Symptoms Thread

13»

Re: Symptoms Thread

• I always remember loving being pregnant but I always forgot how much the first trimester sucks. I was so tired I took a nap at 8:30am, Luckily DS2 was cool snuggling and watching paw patrol (of course I have all the guilt from all the extra screen time). Also I have tons of healthy food in the fridge and I want none of it. Yesterday I needed Taco Bell and today I’m craving spaghetti-Os 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

makingbacon
  • @varimama ah - I know the feeling all too well. I have a feeling we'll be leaning heavily into screen time during the first tri here too.  It's not ideal but I'm surviving at this point. Give yourself a little grace, you're growing a whole human!
    mrsmtothekvarimamaUnwritteN12bluepeach565
  • Loading the player...
  • @varimama Like @nomangos23 said, extra screen time isn’t ideal, but give yourself grace. Pregnancy and those early months PP are rough, and extra screen time is what usually keeps us sane in our house. 
    mrsmtothekvarimama
  • @varimama I wish I could take a nap at 8:30. I'm a teacher and committed myself sometime ago to working 6 days a week. I did come home the other day and took a 2 hour nap after work. 
  • @ridedatide sorry, with my first I worked through pregnancy and it’s so rough. I remember I actually fell asleep at my desk a couple of times. I felt so guilty when I’d wake up and realize I had fallen asleep. 

Also I realized later in the afternoon yesterday it was more than just pregnancy symptoms, my youngest shared a stomach bug with me. Luckily it was only a 12 hour bug and while still tired and nauseous today it’s back to it’s usual baseline level not the extreme fatigue and other tummy troubles! 
    EDD 11/24/23

• At 6w today, no nausea yet! Week 5 I wasn’t tiered at all, but parched and starving at all times despite eating well and drinking adequate water. Needed to pee every hour! Since yesterday, I am exhausted and unproductive, didn’t feel like eating or drinking water, just laying down and doing nothing.
  • @varimama I'm soo sorry you had a stomach bug. I hope you are feeling better soon glad most of it is over. 
    varimama
  • I woke up and my abs feel like I did 900 sit ups yesterday… I most certainly did not even do 1 🤣
    EDD 11/24/23

sammyasaurusbluepeach565stevieraem
  • 6w4d (estimated based off LMP). Haven’t had my first prenatal yet…but I am starting to not fit in my work pants…. 🤦🏼‍♀️ they do not make affordable maternity EMS pants that I can find…..idk if it’s within my company policy that I can wear scrubs either. 
  • @medicmomma6115 Are they something you could possibly find on Facebook marketplace? 
  • @makingbacon no, it’s not something that they make. Not a lot of pregnant women work in EMS once they start showing because of how dangerous the work is. 
  • @medicmomma6115 can you try a belly band until you’re willing to let them know you’re pregnancy? 
    EDD 11/24/23

ridedatide
  • One of my weird symptoms is a nose that always feels plugged even though it's not. I do not have allergies otherwise I could blame it on this. I can deal with the nausea and other common pregnancy things but the nose is the worst.i can never breath through it properly but constantly have hard boogies in it and have a hard time sleep because of it. Anyone else have this?
  • @melrosenicole I don't personally have this symptom but I know it's common! All of your blood vessels are swelling and it can feel like you're stuffed up all the time. I wonder if one of those breathe right strips might help?
  • @melrosenicole I have the same problem. I wish I could say it gets better but I struggle with congestion my entire pregnancies. Sometimes saline spray helps, at least to clear things out. But sleeping really sucks. 
    Third kid: Due 11/6
    Second kid: Dec 2021
    First kid: Sept 2019
  • @melrosenicole I don’t have this exact problem but I do have bad allergies all the time and extra nasal congestion in pregnancy. My last pregnancy I started using breathe right strips after a night my husband said I snored. I didn’t really think they’d do much, but I slept so well after that, I started using them all the time. May be worth trying out. 
    bluepeach565
  • With my daughter, who is 12 now, I was pretty much symptomless. I didn’t even find out I was PG until 10 weeks. I had failed to realize I had missed my period because I had been planning a vacay to Hawaii. 
    This pg is completely opposite. I knew I was pg before my missed period because I was so nauseous and super fatigued! The nausea has subsided but the fatigue is still kicking my a$$!! 
    Another big symptom for me has been food aversions and a strong craving for Mexican food. 
  • Did anyone’s morning sickness start to lessen at 10 weeks? It’s my only hope at this point. Sometimes I puke when I read about food during bedtime story time with the boys. First trimester is fun…
  • @makingbacon I’ll be 10 weeks tomorrow and so far still very nauseous 😞 I’m hoping relief comes around 13 weeks like with my oldest, with my second kid I had nausea until 20 weeks… 
    EDD 11/24/23

• @varimama I hope your nausea ends sooner rather than later. I had it with DS3 until 16 weeks, but it was more sporadic towards the end. I’m really hoping it goes away once I’m done with progesterone at 12 weeks. 
    varimama
  • Has anyone had any luck combating the evening bloat? I’m so uncomfortable and miserable by bedtime and while I don’t look pregnant in the morning by the evening I look 20 weeks… 
    EDD 11/24/23

• @varimama No luck here. I just keep telling myself the bloat (progesterone) is whats keeping baby alive. And I'm buying bigger pants. Already. 
    varimama
  • @varimama changing into hubby's sweatpants at like 2pm daily is what's working for me haha
    varimamashinyobjectsavocadoellisadrianaaasen
  • https://www.healthline.com/health/digestive-health/how-to-fart

For anyone else struggling with evening bloat, I was in so much pain after dinner but after doing these 5 poses for about 5 minutes I felt so much better! 
    EDD 11/24/23

• 12w4d and my nausea just showed up yesterday. My fatigue has started to feel better, but I’ve been getting awful migraines and lots of heart palpitations. I had heart palpitations with my last pregnancy and wore a heart monitor, but nothing was concerning. They are so scary! This is my 3rd pregnancy and I’ve struggled with enjoying any of them, so hoping I start to feel better soon. 
  • 10w6d and I swear my body is on cruise control set to 90mph bc the way this bump is growing is on another level. 
  • Anyone having migraines during their early pregnancy? I’m currently 12 weeks and had off and on migraines for a week now. Never had them before 😭
  • @knottie90af72ff37d47f3c yes! My migraines have been horrible. I don’t have them when I’m not pregnant. I try to limit Tylenol, but it doesn’t even work. Peppermint oil on my temples and the back of my neck seems to give some relief. 
  • thank you! I’m going to try the peppermint oil! I’m trying to stay away from medications 🥹😭 
  • @taylorpritch11 and @knottie90af72ff37d47f3c I've been struggling with headaches and migraines. I started using magnesium powder at night as the advice of my acupuncturist and nurse practitioner. It didn't take the headaches completely away but they got better and it helped me sleep. I started smaller but I'm now having one teaspoon of Magnesium Calm in a glass of water before bed. 
    taylorpritch11
  • @jvbirdgirl I’ll have to try that even for sleep! The insomnia is rough lol
  • I understand getting stomach aches at night. After I eat dinner, I have terrible heartburn. I first tried tums, then prevacid, then pepcid, and now I'm back on my omeprazole. Nothing is helping this time around. Have you tried eating smaller meals? I know I probably eat too much at one time.
  • I have had fatigue, severe nausea, and really bad heartburn. I tried preggie pops or unisom and B6 and it just wasn't cutting it. I'm now on zofran and it's literally the only thing that helps. As for my heartburn, still trying to figure out something for that. I'm open to suggestions. I've already tried tums, prevacid, pepcid and I'm currently trying Omeprazole (I used to be on it). Nothing seems to be helping. I'm really hoping the nausea goes away in the next week or two. I'm currently 11w1d pregnant. My heartburn is the worst at night.
  • I am 11w6d and the fatigue is still very tough. I feel like a sloth and feel zapped of all energy at the end of my work day. Growing a baby is a lot of work! 

I had nausea for a couple weeks but it’s held off once I hit 10 weeks. Food aversions are still present - chicken, turkey, shrimp, fish and tofu all sound disgusting to me. These were the main sources of protein I would eat pre-pregnancy. I was not a red meat eater before pregnancy but that seems to be the only meat products that I can stomach.

Cravings are a bit all over. The other morning I had chips and queso for my breakfast. For dinner another night, I had a Big Mac. Before that, I haven’t had a Big Mac in over 12 years!

Looking forward to second tri and hoping my energy levels drastically improve.
  • ladies we gotta stick together through these tough times
    stevieraem
  • Sooo not really a symptom I don’t think but I’ve had a nasty head cold set in.  Ears nose throat chest all of it.  Mucus just moves with gravity depending on how I’m sitting or laying.  What the heck do I do?? I feel like crap.  I’m tired but can’t sleep.  I’m eating everything. Or I’m crying over everything and it seems like I can’t take anything for it. 11w1d.