November 2023 Moms

Symptoms Thread

Re: Symptoms Thread

• KiekKiek member
    So insomnia is a new symptom I’ve never experienced with my previous pregnancies and I hate it 😂. I am one of those annoying people that can sleep anytime, anywhere lol. If my body says it’s time for bed, I’m falling asleep lol. No more. Now I just lie there and stare into the darkness. My kids are 7 and 9 so I haven’t had to be up in the night in years. I think my body is like, hey, we gonna be doing that thing where we wake up a million times a night again so get ready 💀🫠😂
  • @Kiek I know that feeling. It’s so weird for me because I feel like I’m never going to fall asleep, and then I just crash. Then my bladder wakes me up lol. 
  • Loading the player...
  • KiekKiek member
    @makingbacon the endless peeing 😂💀
    mrsmtothek
  • KiekKiek member
    Also, I’m currently walking laps around my subdivision this morning. I really thought I was going to throw up today but this seems to be helping right now so I’m scared to stop 😂. 8 weeks tomorrow. Not much longer 😅
    mrsmtothekmakingbacon
  • Saw my OB today and he recommended more B6 and Unisom. Trying immediately, anything for some relief. Can't go on like this!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    makingbacon
  • @Kiek I never had insomnia either until this pregnancy. Last night I spent 3 hours just staring at the ceiling trying to will myself to sleep, it's maddening! 
    makingbacon
  • I'm waking up at 4am every dang morning and not getting back to sleep for at least an hour. And then I have to be up at 6 to get the kids out the door to school. Im not enjoying this sleep pattern. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

kamper92
  • Morning sickness is worse each day 😩 I am having trouble finding things to eat that won’t make me feel like I’m going to throw up. Water is my best friend and the only thing I can consume without feeling sick no matter how much I drink. I’m counting down the day til my appointment so I can get a prescription because as much as I had hoped it would be better than last time, it’s starting to feel the same. I’ve lost weight from being sick/not being able to eat. 
    mrsmtothek
  • I’m feeling really blah, like I don’t feel like doing anything really. Not tired, just blah!
    ftbostonm2023
  • @UnwritteN12 oh my gosh I feel this!! I am waking up every night at 3:30am to pee (never had to do this before…I’m only 8w so it’s not like the baby is pushing on my bladder). Then I cannot fall back asleep. My husband has to be up around 4:30/5am so if I do manage to go back to sleep, his alarm wakes me back up…mama just wants a good night sleep!
    UnwritteN12
  • I’m currently 5 weeks tomorrow and I’m already dealing with the insomnia. I struggle to stay asleep, wake up around 3 or 5 every morning to pee, and then I’m up for a long time. It’s rough 😅
  • Insomnia yep... been up since 2am thankfully I went to bed at 9. Also I'm freezing. Literally sooo cold and this is come from someone who kept the classroom at 68. I still am experiencing cramping on and off and my back hurts soo much. Not sure how much of this is pregnancy related or if it's related to the progesterone that I'm taking. I'm just thankful to be pregnant
  • I’m getting pretty bad stomach aches after I eat dinner each night. If feels like I massively over ate or like I’m 39w pregnant already!! (I’m only 8w today). Anyone else experience this? This is my third pregnancy and i don’t remember this with my first two. 
    amandadavon2021
  • My blood sugars keep dropping and it's so frustrating. I had this issue with my other pregnancies as well so it's not surprising. I just hate it. One minute I'm fine and the next I'm shaky and can't focus. At least this time around I'm wearing a continuous glucose monitor (CGM) so my phone alerts me when I'm starting to go low. Unfortunately that means that my phone is going off once or twice in the middle of the night and waking me up. 😒😴
    @UnwritteN12 do you have diabetes when not pregnant?

I don't have diabetes nor had gestational diabetes with my first pregnancy but first trimester was and now is a struggle. My body starts shaking, my energy disappears, I feel like I'm going to faint but as soon as I eat something I start to feel better. Basically, if I don't eat every 2 hours I feel sick. 

Last time around it was covid so my doctor appointments were very brief and almost non existent during the first trimester so I couldn't bring it up properly but this time I would like to have an answer to my symptoms. Fortunately last time things improved during second trimester.
  • I might be speaking too soon, but I *think* I might be mostly over the daily nausea. Or the b-6 is helping to the point that I just don't feel it anymore. There are still those times I catch a whiff of something that makes me feel icky but it's better than feeling like I'm going to puke but can't all day everyday for weeks on end.
    UnwritteN12Kiekmakingbacon
  • edited March 2023
    Body is achey!  😖
  • I'm only slightly nauseous, but everything smells HORRIBLE to me!
  • The nausea is starting to hit. I'm 5 weeks 5 days and the grocery store was not fun today. I  Don't remember it hitting so early with my 1st successful pregnancy. With my 3 previous miscarriages I never had nausea so I'll take this as a really good sign. 
  • KiekKiek member
    I think the vitamin B in the preggie pop drops is saving me lol. I’m extremely nauseated every other day as of late lol. On nausea days I pop those things like candy and then the next day I’m good so I don’t have any. I’m going to go grab an actual vitamin so I can function better lol 
  • @Kiek I started taking B6 and I've been able to function much better!! Definitely still nauseated with food aversions but it's significantly better than before.
    Kiek
  • I am 4w6d and my second pregnancy. This one seems much different already. I work 12hr overnights on an ambulance so I’m exhausted at baseline but this exhaustion is unreal. I’m glad to see some other mommas feeling bloated and heavy in the uterus too. I have to undo my duty belt and the button in my pants throughout my shift because I’m so uncomfortable. Thank god I have zofran at my leisure at work. I wouldn’t have made it through my shift last night without it. 
    kiki047
  • Oh and my boobs seem bigger already…they were sore but that’s subsided. Now they feel more firm and larger because they don’t fit in my sports bra well 😭😭
  • KiekKiek member
    @medicmomma6115 same lol. My boobs are already a solid cup size bigger at least 😂. But mine still hurt quite a bit. I’m trying to remember how long that lasted for me with my girls but I forget lol
  • Anyone else having daily nosebleeds?! Mine are getting out of control. Doesn't help that there's still snow on the ground here and the heat is cranking but dang.
  • I’m 6w4d with Bebe #2, SAHM to our 2 year old, feeling like absolute garbage all day every day and I just need people to tell me that this isn’t forever! I had a rough 1st tri with my 1st so I expected this, but when you’re in the middle of it and nothing smells or tastes right and you’re exhausted and your stomach is never settled and the hormones heighten every possible negative emotion, it’s so easy to feel like it will never get better. REMIND ME IT WILL GET BETTER!
    bluepeach565
  • I can’t eat anything! I’m eating extremely healthy (for example for lunch I had raw veggies… carrots and cucumber.) and I still feel sick all day long. My dr prescribed me phenergan which worked last time. It may be helping a little bit but I’m still feeling sick all day 😩 and the phenergan makes me so tired. I’m so so thankful for my 13 year old, because she takes care of my 20 month old most of the day while I lay on the couch in misery. Someone tell me this will get better 😭😭 I was sick til week 18 last go around, I don’t think I can do it this time it sucks so bad 
  • @ashsowers2020 I totally feel that! I'm sorry you are feeling so sick. I'm in it with you. I spent a long time crying last night wondering if it will ever end. I hope the end is in sight for both of us. 
  • I’m 6w4d with Bebe #2, SAHM to our 2 year old, feeling like absolute garbage all day every day and I just need people to tell me that this isn’t forever! I had a rough 1st tri with my 1st so I expected this, but when you’re in the middle of it and nothing smells or tastes right and you’re exhausted and your stomach is never settled and the hormones heighten every possible negative emotion, it’s so easy to feel like it will never get better. REMIND ME IT WILL GET BETTER
  • KiekKiek member
    I’m 6w4d with Bebe #2, SAHM to our 2 year old, feeling like absolute garbage all day every day and I just need people to tell me that this isn’t forever! I had a rough 1st tri with my 1st so I expected this, but when you’re in the middle of it and nothing smells or tastes right and you’re exhausted and your stomach is never settled and the hormones heighten every possible negative emotion, it’s so easy to feel like it will never get better. REMIND ME IT WILL GET BETTER
    It gets better! I know that feeling of totally despair when it’s just days and days on end of throwing up. This time around the first thing I did when I got that positive test was check the calendar to see when I knew the worst of it would be over 😅. I just keep hanging in to that. 
    mrsmtothek
  • I'm so sad. I really wanted coffee this morning, so I made some when I got to the office. Immediately had to dump it out because I couldn't handle the smell. Cue the dramatic dry-heaving in my office. Ugh. 
    mrsmtothekoliviajam
  • @chrissdee I'm so with you. I desperately needed coffee this AM and lately it makes me gag, so I made a frozen banana, PB, vanilla protein, coffee smoothie lol. I could still smell it but it wasn't as terrible.
    chrissdee
  • @mrsmtothek I might have to try out something like that. I'll probably substitute chocolate protein powder instead of vanilla, 'cause that's just how I roll.
  • KiekKiek member
    @chrissdee I usually have to switch to green tea when I’m pregnant. I’m devoted to my coffee but it gets rough lol. 
    chrissdee
  • @chrissdee I'm with you on the smell of coffee. I'm not a coffee drinker, but the smell doesn't usually bother me. 

I am so tired these days. Nausea is starting to creep in at random times, but I'm mainly just tired...and peeing all the time. I'm also thirsty all the time.
  • @Kiek same. I look 3 months pregnant in the morning and 4-5 at night lol UGH
  • 5w2d and the constipation is unreal. Anyone else having constipation?! 
    baileyjoannbluepeach565
  • @Kiek me too, nausea at any random time of the day and night. I’m 11 weeks 5 days, when I read online I thought nausea is likely to be gone by 10weeks, but unfortunately not for me. 😂 I also don’t seem to understand what I need sometimes, tummy feels weird and bloated. 🙁
  • KiekKiek member
    @oliviajam the nausea usually goes away for me around 13/14 weeks. It’s the whole first trimester for me lol
    oliviajam
  • I'm on unisom and B6 like I was for my daughter. I just hit 7 weeks ND literally everyday everything was spinning. I was so sick from feeling like I was on an all night alcohol binge. I finally give in and called my doctor. I'm not 100 percent but it nice not dry heaving or vomiting. Let's hope this keeps working.