Weekly Check in Jan 30

EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team blue/pink/green:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: If you were a dog, what breed do you think you’d be? 

Re: Weekly Check in Jan 30

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @justkp hopefully when baby is ready to make his appearance the hospital has room again.  I know how stressful it can be to not know what hospital you will deliver in.  I think mine is finally figured out but still not 100% sure. Keeping you in my thoughts!

@seeds_of_joy that wasn't creepy at all...😆

@lucygracelaluz2020 Happy Birthday to your daughter!!  I'm sure it will be a special day.  

EDD / Weeks + Days: 36+3

Baby is the size of a(n): Papaya or Tickle me Elmo

Team blue/pink/green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Today

How are you feeling?: A little sore.  Had our baby shower yesterday and may have over did it a little.

Rants/Raves: Rave - I am so overwhelmed by the love and support we got yesterday.  I was a little stressed out about how everything was going to go but I think overall it was a great day.

Questions: None

GTKY: If you were a dog, what breed do you think you’d be? Lately I feel like an English Bulldog.  All I want to is lay around when I'm at home.  I don't have the wrinkles but I do have the extra lbs lol

• Options
    @lucygracelaluz2020 I had antibiotics with my firstborn. I would ask for the heplock so you can move around if you plan to be active during labor. 
  • Options
    @cpk3535 that's really good news about your doctor and hospital. Were you on time for your other births?  I can't believe you're job hunting right now! You're pretty hardcore. Hopefully something comes along for one of you soon. 
  • Options
    @seeds_of_joy both girls came in week 40, and as the doc said, these numbers are kind of soft estimates anyway. He said if fluids and NSTs look good, it really shouldn’t be a problem. The funny part was I think they were actually going to move my due date back after an earlier ultrasound anyway, which would have bought me about 4-5 more days to wait, lol! And yes, the job stuff is nuts, but unfortunately can’t be avoided. Such a frustrating time to try to get a job anyway. People are incredibly demanding on what experience they want on your resume, and I feel like I’m competing against hundreds (sometimes over 1000) for nearly every job I apply for. The most promising job I had on the radar cancelled on me after 4 rounds of interviews, assignments and two months of time. It’s psycho!! 
  • Options
    @karbaud I don't know if this helps, but even though the membrane sweep didn't bring labor immediately, I do think that it brought you closer! Especially with the bloody show happening. I hope that is encouraging. Also, I love how much though your husband put in the answer about what dog you'd be haha!
  • Options
    @karbaud I’m also tired of answering the questions! One particular relative texts or FaceTimes daily asking how I’m doing. If I were in labor, you’d know lady! 
  • Options
    @amccurls you asked the silly dog question because you forget your other questions. 😆
  • Options
    @karbaud you're not being ridiculous! For me personally my bloody show and mucus plug always came out the day I went into labor. I'm sure others are different and the membrane sweep might effect that.
  • Options
    @ttc3y good news about your blood sugars! 🙌 I think Portuguese water dogs are sort of big versions of our Italian water dog but more common. 
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 38 weeks tomorrow

Baby is the size of a(n): who knows at this point. Ready to come out though hopefully 😆

Team blue/pink/green: green! 

Upcoming Appointments: I had one this morning. They offered a cervical check but I declined. Hoping I make it to my scheduled c section on 2/8.  

How are you feeling?:  not sure I can make it until 2/8 but trying to dig deep. I am super swollen, nauseous, and can barely move. 

Rants/Raves:  I don’t know if this is a rant or rave but finally made a decision to get my tubes removed when they do my c section. I’m done having kids and I’m over hormonal birth control and my husband won’t commit to doing anything. I feel at peace with the decision.  

Rant is that I just found out my mother in law thinks now is a great time to come stay with us because she has a funeral to go to on Friday. Ugh I can’t with her.  She also was asking about how many visitors I can have at the hospital. If she’s asking I would say none lol. With my second I didn’t have to worry because I was not allowed visitors. If you can’t tell we don’t have the best relationship.

Questions: none 

GTKY: If you were a dog, what breed do you think you’d be?  Haha we actually had this conversation at work and I can’t remember what they actually said I would be.  

• Options
    @karbaud sorry things have been tough emotionally. The baby will be here before you know it. I never recognized labor signs with my other two. 🤷🏻‍♀️  also I’ve been snoring up a storm lately 😂 

@itsjess627 wishing you a smooth delivery. It sounds like our babies are measuring similarly. My other babies were all small so I’d be shocked if baby was as big as measured. Guess we’ll see!! 

@cpk3535 will definitely keep you in my thoughts. Job searching is so stressful. Hope you guys get resolution soon! 

• Options
    @angbaby83 I’m super curious how accurate it is! That’s too funny they’re both measuring big. 

Does anyone remember from previous pregnancies how accurate the measurements were from ultrasounds? 
  • Options
    @itsjess627 I don’t remember any measurements from my previous pregnancy. But the measurements this time line up with how big my last was so I’m assuming they’re pretty accurate 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    @angbaby83 oh my gosh that sounds rough! Glad you made it and hope it’s a smooth delivery for you! 
  • Options
    Wow, @angbaby83! And you had just commented that there weren’t labor signs for your previous two. That sounds crazy. I’m also wishing you a smooth delivery and quick recovery.
  • Options
    @angbaby83 Wow, you are strong! driving with contractions! Wishing you a successful procedure, a beautiful delivery with a healthy baby, and a speedy recovery!
  • Options
    @angbaby83 I will be keeping you in my thoughts.  Hope you and baby have/had a safe and smooth delivery!
  • Options
    @justkp FX the hospital has room for you when you need it! That would stress me out, too.

@seeds_of_joy Yay for a good night's sleep but boo for feeling so uncomfortable.

@lucygracelaluz2020 Happy birthday to your daughter and LOL at Grumpy Cat - I am right there with you.

@kamays54 Glad you enjoyed your baby shower!

@cpk3535 I'm so happy for you that they are happy to let you wait for spontaneous labour! That's great news; hope the scans all continue to look good. And sending commiserations on the job hunting - that sounds truly horrific.

@amccurls You're so close!

@karbaud I hope that all is going well with your induction!!

@ttc3y Your mobiles look amazing!

@itsjess627 Keeping my fingers crossed that he decides to come before Monday for you!

EDD / Weeks + Days: 38 weeks, due 2/16

Baby is the size of a(n): winter melon (or small newborn like KP said  :D)

Team blue/pink/green: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow is my 38 week apt with the MW which should be my last one

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling okay. I've had some pelvic pain and my indigestion is still terrible but it's okay. Unfortunately I've done something to my left trapezius and I am finding it really uncomfortable to sleep sometimes and it's currently hurting just while I'm sitting. I am going to see if I can get myself a cheeky prenatal massage before this bambino arrives.

Rants/Raves: Rave - I'm almost done with work! I teach tonight and I teach on Monday night and realistically, that's it. I am ready to be focussing on baby's arrival now <3 Rant - they don't want me to go past my due date bc I'm old and his size has been decreasing over time (though he's still measuring on the 42nd percentile and appears currently bigger than my older two were at birth). I need to decide if I am going to schedule an induction for my due date when I meet with the MW tomorrow and I'm feeling very conflicted. Both my older two were born in the 39th week so I'm really hoping it's a moot point but wish I could just be waiting patiently for him to come on his own. I may get a membrane sweep tomorrow at my appointment but will discuss things with the MW then.

Questions: Anyone done a membrane sweep? I haven't before and not sure what to expect.

GTKY: If you were a dog, what breed do you think you’d be? This is hard! I'd be whatever dog is most cat-like 😂 I used to have a Sheltie and she was pretty cool so I'll just go with that. Good for hiking and being out and about but not needy about it.

• Options
    @Paturkey We share the same due date! 2/16

I had a membrane sweep with my first. I had already passed the due date and had contractions the night before. I had more regular contractions that night and had my baby several hours later. The membrane sweep felt a bit uncomfortable but reminded me of a pap smear. 
  • Options
    @lucygracelaluz2020 Yay, due date buddies! Thanks for sharing your experience! I wonder if it sped things up at all since you were already having contractions. Normally I'd be inclined to wait it out but the potential looming induction makes me more willing to consider the sweep.
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: Due Feb 14

Baby is the size of a(n): measuring just about 7lbs 😅

Team blue/pink/green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: appt yesterday. Scheduled my C-section for February 14!! 💗

How are you feeling?: not too bad. Lower back and hip pain, not swelling too badly especially compared to my first pregnancy…that was insane.
    Excited that we are super close now, but a little nervous to be having a little girl…we have a 2 1/2 year old boy. I know boy life so this will be a change!

Rants/Raves: Rant: MIL asked if I would host FIL birthday dinner at my house 2 days before I am to deliver my baby!!! What is she thinking!? I’m not cooking and cleaning up after 10 plus people!!!
    Rave: super excited to have a planned date for our baby girl..and that it’s on Valentine’s Day 💗
  • Options
    @cpk3535 good job sticking to your plan! 
  • Options
    @cpk3535 it sounds like the baby is doing great! I would ask the MFM what the absolute risks percentages are for concerns and complications that they see. A lot of the times, they make decisions on relative risks (which is what gives us the high risk label in the first place) and not necessarily for the absolute risks. 

If there is one frustration that regularly triggers me with my pregnancy journey with 3 high risk labels, it’s when a clinician just looks at you like a liability and not look at the whole clinical picture with you as an individual human being. It ticks me off every single time. There are risks to everything in life including when we drive our cars on the road everyday. The question is, what is your risk tolerance? I find that the ob world has a very low risk tolerance in general. They want to bring the liability down to zero which is just not realistic in life ever. 
  • Options
    @Paturkey, I had a membrane sweep. Unfortunately, it didn’t do much but it’s worth trying. It did hurt a little.
  • Options
    Y’all I’m super frustrated, I was told I was going to be called today for my induction time tomorrow and when I called they said they’ll call tomorrow afternoon and if I don’t hear from them by 7:30pm then I need to call 😭 as much as I don’t want to be induced I’d at least like to be able to plan and know what’s happening. 
  • Options
    @itsjess627 I'm sorry. That sounds so frustrating!!
  • Options
    @itsjess627 so sorry!!! I can’t believe how inconsiderate people can be to women at the end of their pregnancies. It’s nuts!! 
  • Options
    Thanks for letting me vent and being understanding 💜