May 2023 Moms
Options

What My Pregnant Self is Eating in January

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating in January

• Options
    NOODLES. Mostly just noodles with butter and melted shredded cheese and salt. It's all I can think about. Wondering if I can find a microwave on campus to make this deliciousness for myself (and I just finished an awesome lunch). UGH. 
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits I've been loving noodles too! Specifically vegetable lo mein. I just discovered a new restaurant not even five minutes from me that sells huge portions for just $7 :yum:
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hestia-is-wearie STOP that sounds amazing 
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits that sounds delicious! I like to add garlic salt and onion powder to mine.

So cliche but pickles!! 
  • Options
    I know this thread is more for pregnancy cravings, but we had this for dinner tonight and it was so good! And EASY. We just had it with a side salad and we were both so full. 
  • Options
    Anyone else craving sugar? I’m usually such a healthy eater but dang, these cravings are killing me 😅
  • Options
    All the chex mix. Which I do like normally, but I have only been wanting oranges and chex mix to snack on.
  • Options
    Chocolate milkshakes. Not like the fake mcdonalds or culvers ones, like hand made only. I am lactose intolerant, but during pregnancy and a couple weeks post partum I experience this weird phenom where it doesnt bother me. So I take advantage and go ape shit. 
  • Options
    Really loving fresh jalapeno and ribeye steaks lately
  • Options
    @maelove DUDE I also am not sensitive to dairy when pregnant. In fact, I CRAVE milk - like I chug it out of the container. So bizarre.
  • Options
    @maelove @BourbonBiscuits I’m lactose intolerant and sensitive to gluten. I eat the crap out of gluten filled bread and I’m obsessed with bran cereal (don’t judge 😂) but with milk. I don’t normally eat cereal with milk even the lactose free milk, I just don’t like wet cereal. But pregnant of man I could eat cereal all day with milk like every meal and snack. I pour myself small bowls so I feel like I’m eating 2 when I go for a second bowl. Because bran cereal is gonna make you gooooo! But I’m totally taking advantage of my food intolerances. Live the best pregnant life while we can!! 
  • Options
    I am really struggling to eat/eat enough. I haven’t gained any weight, which my doctor said yesterday is ok because baby is growing as expected and I was overweight pre-pregnancy, but encouraged me to eat 5 times a day with a protein and fruit/veg each time.

I’m already driving the strugglebus feeding myself 3 times a day so 5 is feeling really daunting. I’m not having any cravings or aversions really, I just… am not that interested in food and my stomach is starting to feel smooshed so I don’t eat as much at one time.

I’d love your ideas for simple meals and snacks that are heavy on the protein! I do cheese or PB, fruit, and crackers pretty frequently for snacks.
  • Options
    @courtney701 I feel you. I’ve lost 15 pounds (that I definitely had room to lose) since being pregnant. I have GD and I can’t figure out what to eat for non-carby snacks, so I have been known to just eat pb off a spoon for lack of anything else 😕
  • Options
    @ashleyp625 oh gosh, GD adds a whole other layer of nonsense! I don’t have my glucose test for another few weeks. The doc tested my A1C near the end of the first trimester and that was in range so I guess they didn’t see the need to move the glucose test up?

I absolutely smeared PB on a couple of Oreos after lunch today just to get some extra calories and a little extra protein.

Could you do veggies and some sort of creamy dip for a snack? Maybe I need to check out the dips next time I go to the store…
  • Options
    Creamy thing shave been doing it for me like creamed corn, super buttery mashed potatoes, clam chowder. Fried eggs with a little Greek yogurt or labneh have been a favorite too. And I’ve been dishing my fruits in chamoy, tajin and lime and going to town a quart at a time.
  • Options
    I have lost almost 25lbs and don't eat as much. I recently started doing snack boards that I can graze on during the day. I drink a protein shake at breakfast then make a charcuterie board for the day. It has really helped.
  • Options
    I’ve been eating eggs, fruit, cheese, and nuts every day, but I’ve been CRAVING spicy food—like level 8/10 on an Indian food spice scale!