June 2023 Moms

January symptoms

kalesix3kalesix3 member
edited February 2023 in June 2023 Moms
What's everyone feeling these days? 

Re: January symptoms

• @thescarletmom and @annemarie96 I know my nausea would be so much worse with congestion too like you have found out. Unfortunately it's not related to any type of congestion or coughing, my body just hates food 🥴 
    And I'm so sorry to hear you think it's SPD, that's miserable 😖 
  • I'm always sneaking in naps and rest whenever I can. Im so tired. I sleep terribly and have been getting heart burn frequently. Otherwise I mostly feel okay 
  • Loading the player...
  • So so gagg-y in the mornings (due to congestion mostly) but by early afternoon I’m usually doing okay! Sleeping is becoming a bit more difficult these days, however.
  • @kalesix3 ugh the worst. I'm sorry 😞 my current issue with food is that there is a one bite difference between the perfect amount of food to be filling/satisfying, and vomiting everything up immediately. There has been a number of times recently where I've had to go spit a bite out in the trash mid-chew because I knew if I kept going it would make me puke. Wtf!

@hitcj4687 @bridgettetheboxer I usually have an amount of insomnia, but pregnancy insomnia is so different. Not only is it harder to fall asleep, but I feel like I wake up every hour throughout the night. No matter how tired I am, of course. Or sometimes I'm downright exhausted and the moment I lay in bed after dragging through loading the dishwasher or bedtime routines, I'm suddenly wide awake 🙃 I know I need to get some magnesium but have been too lazy.

• @thescarletmom yes!!! And having to pee throughout the night is awful too. 
  • @thescarletmom omg!! This made me realize I’ve forgotten my magnesium the last, like, week? Haha. Definitely picking that back up again today 
  • @hitcj4687 I have literally woken up in the night with a bladder so full it HURTS! I make sure I go to the bathroom before getting in bed every night and it happens anyways! I hate it.

@bridgettetheboxer do you take a supplement or do like, magnesium lotion? Trying to decide how I want to go about it, especially because taking pills is nerve wracking while I'm still vomiting a decent bit. 
  • I’m so glad others are reporting my similar symptoms - waking up to pee and with hip pain and heartburn! Also leg cramps, but those seem to be easing. Some days I don’t really feel pregnant, so it’s nice to know I totally still am and things are normal. 
  • It seems that the baby is just so low and fits into uncomfortable spaces inside my body. I feel like I'm constantly trying to push him one way or the other to avoid discomfort. It's been almost 8 years since I was pregnant so I forgot how uncomfortable it can be and I'm not even half way through! 
  • @thescarletmom I initially used the Calm powder drink mix, but I really don’t love flavored drinks and found a gummy version that I’ve been loving! Way easier for me than the drink is. But I think the results are so so worth it.
  • @thescarletmom omg that's where I am too! A single bite apparently makes all the difference 😛 
    I made my own magnesium lotion last time but this time I think I'll buy some as well as taking capsules. I wish calm still made their lavender and lemon balm caps because it was so soothing with nausea and I never had a problem, but of course they were discontinued 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • This babe must be having a growth spurt because my RLP has gotten so bad on the right side that it hurts to walk! But we're all glowing goddesses, right? 🤪
  • @peyts228 yesterday my RLP was so freaking bad, I couldn't believe it! 
  • @kalesix3 right? Mine has never been this bad before. When I move from sitting to standing my ligaments freak out on me!
  • @peyts228 it feels like a contraction on the outside for real 😵‍💫
  • My new favorite is that I can’t even cut up too tightly on the couch anymore without heartburn. I get it kiddo, maybe you’re feeling squished, I don’t know. But stop it  :D
  • Ugh headaches/migraines are in full swing! Almost every day! I had gotten rid of my migraines for the most part before I got pregnant too. Can’t take much for them now either. Tried ice and muscle rub last night but not very helpful. 
  • @mrsjenc2022 the headaches have been pretty bad for me since I hit second trimester. It sucks! I get chronic migraines outside of pregnancy, and I never really landed on any good solution prescription wise, but it feels infinitely more frustrating now to just not be able to take anything 😑

Is anybody else currently suffering from the driest skin on earth? If I wash my hands, my knuckles feel like they'll crack open. Lots of hand cream around here and still dry as the desert.
  • @thescarletmom I have dry skin anyways and pregnancy makes it so much worse. I lotion daily but my skin literally flakes off dead skin. It's honestly really gross! And yes to the hands cracking too! 
  • I usually have super oily skin but these last two pregnancies I have had super dry skin. 
  • @francesgs I have super oily skin too! So I rarely ever use lotion because I feel like it leaves a slimy kind of film on me, because I already have plenty of moisture lol. My other two pregnancies I didn't get this dryness, it is so irritating. 

@hitcj4687 getting out of the shower the other day, I took my towel to wipe down/dry off my arm and my skin just flaked off 😱 it grossed me out so bad haha. 
  • @thescarletmom welcome to my life 😂 even not pregnant I have the driest skin known to man, but pregnant it's just sooooo bad 
  • My skin is flaky too.. when I noticed it I was just like well this is new.. 
  • @mrsjenc2022 I am right there with you with the migraines.  I basically end up throwing up every time I get one anymore.  Its terrible.  The last one lasted for 24 hours, which is a new record for me.
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• For some reason I get so cold every time I’m pregnant, apparently my body sucks at generating heat and creating a human at the same time. So now I am that person wearing a full winter coat and hat in SoCal, lol.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @pttomato when I'm pregnant it is physically impossible for my body to maintain a comfortable temperature. I'm usually freezing to the point my fingernails look purple, but if I dare to clean the kitchen, I get out of breath and sooo hot and sweaty within like 20 minutes of moving around. What gives?
  • Back to what has to be my least favorite pregnancy symptom of all... middle of the night leg cramps that wake me up. They're the worst and I'll probably get them with regularity for the next 5 months 🙃 started in my second tri with both of the boys too. Drinking more water never makes a difference, or any of the other usual suggestions, so I need to order the dang magnesium lotion ASAP because it happened twice over the weekend and I can't live like this lol. 
  • @thescarletmom it's your body begging for magnesium lol, get it!! 
  • Oh my goodness, I'm having the worst SPD pain. I only had this a few times in my last pregnancy, but this time it started about three weeks ago and has come and gone every few days. It's legit debilitating. I'm going to be more diligent about stretching and want to look into chiropractic care. Anyone ever experience this or have suggestions? 
  • @sunny_native14 I had that with my last!! I would highly recommend pelvic floor physical therapy. That was way more helpful for me than chiropractic care. I’m so sorry you’re experiencing that!! It is super painful.
  • @bridgettetheboxer ah, got it. I'll look into that. Thanks! 
  • 19 weeks and 4 days. I have pregnancy carpal tunnel, restless legs, back pain, leg cramps and still some nausea here and there. My sleep is crap too. Baby is moving like crazy, glad one of us has energy lol. 
  • My nipples hurt so much when I’m even a little bit cold, and it doesn’t even get that cold here. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @pttomato yess!!! and maybe TMI but I accidently brushed over one of them with a hair brush before getting in the shower today.  It was TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• My nipples are still so extremely sensitive right now! If I have to roll over on the bed to grab something off the floor, like my phone charger, it is so painful. Or if my son hugs me too tight and it squishes my breast! Ouch!! 
  • My nips have been sooo sore. It's been cold here (freezing temps all week and some snow) and its been miserable! Definitely TMI but DH has been a horndog recently and anytime he touches my nipples I nearly jump out of my skin because they're so sensitive. Turned in the shower the other day and the water hit it wrong, big ouch. My nipples and I are foes during pregnancy because they hurt so much
  • Glad I’m not the only one… I thought the sensitivity was supposed to be gone with the first tri! Lol 
  • @francesgs with DS2, I didn't have any of the nipple sensitivity after first tri, but with DS1 and apparently this baby 🙄 it will be a whole pregnancy long ordeal. Not a fan haha
  • @thescarletmom I'll match your tmi, even though my nipples are so sensitive right now, I love the nipple play during sex right now😂 you'd think I wouldn't because they hurt most of the time, but I love it right now 😂😂😂
  • @hitcj4687 okay so yes, agreed! During is great. But if he does it while we're just kissing or if he's trying to be sly and grab my boob as he walks by, it's too much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"