September 2023 Moms

Symptoms - 1st Trimester

Hey ladies! 5 weeks in! :smile:
I’m not getting that infamous morning sickness. Am I lucky or is it too early for that. Yes, every pregnancy is different but it still leaves me curious. Only symptom at this time is sore breasts.

Re: Symptoms - 1st Trimester

• I'm not getting any ms yet either (knock on wood!) I didn't get it for my first pregnancy either but that didn't last more than 8wks so I may have gotten it later. 

I just have to pee more frequently and maybe slightly more fatigued but not sure I might just be really trying to take it easy and that's making me sleepy! Baby is making me gassier too - whatever it wants to do though!
  • Hey I haven’t gotten any either I was a little nervous but most things I read online say it’s ok and doesn’t start usually until week 6 and peaks later. So far just sore breasts and heartburn but I’m prone to heartburn
  • Loading the player...
  • I’ve been taking progesterone, started off on the pills after I ovulated and then switched to vag suppositories once I had BFP. Hard to tell if my symptoms are real or from progesterone?! Def have sore breasts and fatigue. I feel like nausea is on the horizon. Was having constipation, but since I switched to suppositories have more frequent BMs and sometimes diarrhea. Anyone else relate?!
  • michellessssmichellessss member
    edited January 2023
  • I’ve been taking progesterone, started off on the pills after I ovulated and then switched to vag suppositories once I had BFP. Hard to tell if my symptoms are real or from progesterone?! Def have sore breasts and fatigue. I feel like nausea is on the horizon. Was having constipation, but since I switched to suppositories have more frequent BMs and sometimes diarrhea. Anyone else relate?!
    Also taking prog suppositories - I took them for my last pregnancy (MC) as well and last time I got slightly sore breasts and this time I got a little diarrhea bc it I'm thinking both might be from just being pregnant? Also minor fatigue both times or that could be cause I'm trying to take it easy and relax more - or the bump says it's from being tired from making a miracle!
  • I’m 4 weeks with my first ever pregnancy and I was feeling morning sickness / nausea a week before we even got a positive test.
  • Symptoms pretty mild here. But Ive never had too many symptoms with any of my pregnancies, even with my IVF baby on progesterone, I really only had fatigue and sore breasts. 
    This time, Im peeing more already, soooo thirsty and tired, but I also have bronchitis and a 13 mo old, so Im always tired lol. 
  • This little one is already putting me through it! I have insomnia, nausea, aches, cramps, heartburn and tiredness. My progesterone is triple what it was in my last pregnancy, so I think that's the culprit. 
  • I can relate, I was having the same when I first started the suppositories and it freaked me out but I think my body has gotten used to it. Any tips for timing of the suppositories? It’s completely killed our sex life I feel not myself with the discharge coming out at weird hours but it is a small price to pay for a healthy pregnancy 
  • iiridescentiiiridescenti member
    edited January 2023
    I can relate, I was having the same when I first started the suppositories and it freaked me out but I think my body has gotten used to it. Any tips for timing of the suppositories? It’s completely killed our sex life I feel not myself with the discharge coming out at weird hours but it is a small price to pay for a healthy pregnancy 
    Same!! I feel bad for my husband especially since he's been so supportive but the discharge makes me feel gross. My doctor prescribed 4x daily so we do one around 8a, 2p, 7:30p, and whenever we go to bed. If we were to mess around I think it'd have to be after showering just before bed and I'd take the progesterone afterwards.
  • Other than being EXHAUSTED, nauseous, and sore boobs (which I’ve had every pregnancy), I have super bad acne and have to pee at least every hour, which I remember having both of those early on when pregnant with my son, so I’m really hoping it’s a good sign!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Hi! Same here! 5 weeks today- no morning sickness yet... I take my prenatal in the morning with some toast (my sister recommended always taking with food as it can upset your stomach). Very sore breasts as well and certainly a LOT of mood swings! Also have to pee like every hour lol - Congrats :)
  • I’m 3w5d and soooo exhausted and nauseous omg 
  • I’ll also add my sense of smell is incredible!! Since having Covid and also have bad allergies/sinuses my sense of smell kind of comes and goes. I knew something was up when I could smell people’s food across the office or random stuff around the house 😅 thankfully it hasn’t made be too nauseous or averse to things yet 🤞🏼
  • I’ll also add my sense of smell is incredible!! Since having Covid and also have bad allergies/sinuses my sense of smell kind of comes and goes. I knew something was up when I could smell people’s food across the office or random stuff around the house 😅 thankfully it hasn’t made be too nauseous or averse to things yet 🤞🏼

+1 to the heightened sense of smell! 🤢 I can’t stand to be in the kitchen, because I can smell any leftovers in the fridge, anything in the garbage disposal, and anything food related in the trash.

BabyFruit Ticker

• So far just fatigue, tender breasts, bloating, constipation, gassy, and peeing more frequently. Questionable in improved smelling but my nose hasn’t been normal since I had covid a few months ago so idk if this is pregnancy-induced or if it’s return of my “norm.” I think my nausea is very much on the horizon. It hit with a vengeance around mid week 6 with my first, and I’m just now at 6 weeks this time so I imagine it’ll get bad soon. 
  • I’ve had sore breasts, occasional nausea, daily headaches, fatigue in the afternoon, and mild abdominal cramping in the late evening after dinner. I have a tendency to get nauseated pretty easily in general, so I’ve been trying to keep snacks on me at all times and drink plenty of water. I always pee a lot but I can say I’ve had more urgency and close calls trying to hold it 😅
  • Has anyone had any spotting/bleeding? I’m 6 weeks today, and after having sex last night had a little light pink spotting, and then early in the morning I had a more bright red bleeding that filled my panty liner. No cramping, and so far haven’t really had any new bleeding today. I’ve read it can be common to bleed after sex due to increased blood flow to cervix. But I am really really nervous (I’ve already had 2 miscarriages 😕). I’m going for ultrasound on Tuesday 🤞🏼 
  • 5w1d. Fatigue. I need to nap or go to bed early daily for the last few days. I had brown discharge the day I expected my period. It stopped. Random waves of nausea, breast tingles, bloating, and heartburn. Oh, and milky white discharge. I embrace it all. ;)
  • edited January 2023
    Currently 4 weeks and 3 days. Constant left sided back pain and cramping. Anyone else ?
  • Woke up with lovely UTI symptoms. 😩 I’m rather prone to them normally, so even more so while pregnant and have also had them in early pregnancy with most of my pregnancies. I luckily already had a lab appt scheduled for betas this morning, so they saw me while I was there. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• I wasn’t having a lot of symptoms the first couple weeks, but once I hit 6 weeks the exhaustion and nausea just went crazy. I typically have a lot of patience but with being so tired it just makes me so short with everyone!
  • 6 weeks, 4 days. Still no nausea, my doctor was surprised lol I have Fatigue and some lower back pains at times. Overall, feeling good!
  • welp, 4w3d and the heightened sense of smell seems to have kicked in. i put an opened bbq sauce packed in my desk trash, and i just had to go take the trash out b/c the lingering smell of it was disgusting. 
  • I think it’s the progesterone and tmi but whoa to tummy issues. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• 5-6 and I just took a half day at work because this headache will not quit. I am really hoping it's also bad because of the weather coming in, but if it's not...  :'(
  • My newest symptom as of this week is dizziness/vertigo when I get up or lie down which I had last pregnancy around this time so I guess right on schedule? Fun!
  • edited January 2023
    I also had a headache that would not go away today at 5-4. I was really considering taking a half day off work too but it got manageable thankfully. Im also worried this will not be a reoccurring issue.
  • 5w5d and also had a pounding headache at work today. Had to dim my office lights because it wouldn’t go away! Feeling better now, hoping it doesn’t come back tomorrow 
  • 6w1d finally surpassed the nausea and dry heaving to barfing up my whole dinner 🥴
  • anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited January 2023
    i am 5w2d and still having some cramping... my PGAL brain is not great about this... i can't help but wonder if something is wrong but the 200 mg of vaginal progesterone i'm taking 2x a day is masking it. 
  • @anniemarie887 I often feel the same. I have almost 0 symptoms. Not even bloating from the progesterone… blah. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• 7 weeks & 4 days today and little to no symptoms still. Idk if I should be worried or celebrating lol I feel totally fine. 1st ultrasound coming up on the 23rd. 
  • 6w 1d, nausea, headaches, extreme exhaustion. One new one to me (this is my 3rd pregnancy) is super dizzy/vertigo when I bend over. And hair loss?! I’m guessing the hair loss is maybe from my last baby as I just had her 3 months ago. I’ve heard that can be a post-natal symptom. Anyone else experiencing hair thinning? 

• @jennaverhaeghe I would guess the hair loss is a postpartum thing - I had hair loss after my third, and my hair loss after losing my daughter at 17 weeks in September has just started to slow down now the last few weeks.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Hello :) I am 5weeks and 3 days. Mostly fatigue. Slight cramps here and there. Random hot flashes. Lower back pain. But overall feeling pretty good!!
  • I’m actually surprised this has taken until after 6 weeks to hit this pregnancy, but I am CRABBY - like hormonally in a bad mood, just how it feels during normal PMS is the only way I can describe it.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I’m 6w6d and the insomnia is getting to me. I wake up in the middle of the night to pee and then toss and turn for at least an hour. That plus the nausea has made me not feel like myself at all recently. 
  • tater-totstater-tots member
    edited January 2023
    5wks here and just crazy exhausted. Bloated. Boobs are starting to get sore. No nausea yet, but with my other two it hit like a train at 8wks so we’ll see. Back pain and light cramps too. Fun stuff
  • @norma_xxoo Man, I got about the hot flashes! It’s like my body has completely forgotten how to regulate temperature. I’m feel like I’m either freezing or sweating. No in between lol