Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO & TWW - week of Nov 28

2»

Re: WTO & TWW - week of Nov 28

• Options
    @sunshine134 I hope your migraine subsides soon! 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    edited December 2022
    I use Ovia for tracking and I haven’t been able to log in to the app all week since the app updated. I’m so annoyed. 🙄

edit: I realized it’s bc of where I live. I changed my vpn and logged in. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Status (WTO, TWW, benched, etc.): WTO

Month/Cycle: 1

CD (/DPO if applicable): *TW* First cycle ttc following a VERY unexpected MC due to late vasectomy failure. No idea my true CD but OPKs are high!

What's coming up? (FW, testing, etc.): BD everyday through peak

R/R: We honestly have no idea what our chances of conception are given that my husband had a vasectomy that has since failed 4 years post his all-clear. Giving it a shot but will also be having a SA done to see how much of his fertility has returned with the failure. Will be having a vasectomy reversal if necessary next year!

CS/Q:
  • Options
    Benched has officially turned WTO. We DTD last night and it kickstarted my first period in 6 years (yay!
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    @AmMcc12 Yay! I hope ovulation is coming for you soon too! 
  • Options
    @britters314 and @maggiemadeit thank you so much!
  • Options
    @wanderlustsoul i totally threw socks on after reading through this board and seeing your post 😆

@AmMcc12 yay!! Fx for you!!
  • Options
    One more thing… I’m trying to tag members but when I do, I don’t see them as a hyperlink so to speak. They appear blue as a clickable link on everyone else’s posts but on mine I see them as plain black text. Am I doing something wrong?
  • Options
    @acarverrn  When you are typing the usernames in, a list should pop up with usernames that match what you’ve typed so far. I’m not sure if you have to actually select from the list, but that’s what I always do
  • Options
    @britters314 that’s what I’m doing but still doesn’t seem to be linking them 🫤
  • Options
    *lurking* from IF-land @acarverrn one of the great joys/annoyances here at TB is its awful platform, both on the desktop and mobile. it should, technically, work either way for you to enter an @ and then a name typed out completely or selected from the pop-up list. but it's TB, and apart from its wonderful community of excellent people who use it, TB sucks
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • Options
    @acarverrn I think there’s something when you’re new that it doesn't tag right… @optimistgardener didn’t someone over the IF board being that up in the last month or two. They used to not let you post at all for the first 3 days. 
  • Options
    I remember when they didn’t let you post and you had to lurk for a while 
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    @anniemarie887 conceivably. @AmMcc12 i have heard rumor of this enforced lurk period and i would vote for its return!
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • Options
    Ahh maybe that’s it. I’ve lurked for about a month but just joined a couples days ago. Hopefully it will let me tag in the future. How is everyone holding up?!

I’ve had a major headache and nausea today which is common for me around ovulation. I typically take ibuprofen or imitrex if really necessary but am trying to avoid those while ttc so today hasn’t been so fun haha.
  • Options
    @acarverrn I hope your headache feels better! I feel you on the ovulation symptoms. Mine are much worse than my period symptoms, which seems weird. Speaking of ovulation…

It’s CD12 and I got a blazing positive OPK this morning, so it’s time to get busy! 💃💃💃

I usually don’t get positives like this. My pattern is typically 2-3 days of sort of kind of positive OPKs where the test line looks almost as dark as the control. I’m not sure but I think acupuncture might be doing something because this cycle and last I have had super bright positives, way darker than the control, and I’ve also ovulated earlier than usual. Here’s hoping it’s a positive sign and not the start of the slide into perimenopause 🤞🏼🤞🏼
  • Options
    @acarverrn ugh I also get super cramps at ovulation and I swear they can be worse sometimes than period cramps. 

@maggiemadeit Oooh exciting!! Happy FW! 😂

As expected, the weekend was hard with the TWW. Ahhh. But then I got a pretty bad headache last night so that helped redirect my attention. Hoping the week will keep me distracted as I’m busy. I’m officially on a double role as I’ll be the interim global immigration lead as of this week since the current one has her last day as today. 😬

• Options
    @wanderlustsoul Happy to hear you'll be busy during the TWW!! I am the least patient person in the world when it comes to all things pregnancy but the TWW is especially torturous haha.

@maggiemadeit yayyyy!!! That's great news! Hope it's an extra FW for you!
  • Options
    Ok ladies, I so far have not been active in the TTCAL group so I’m hoping it’s okay to ask this here - having a little trouble with OPKs. *TW* I had a CP last month. Bleeding began on 11/16 and ended on 11/20. Beta HCG was 504 on 11/27, then 436 on 11/29, then <0.1 on 12/1 with a negative qualitative as well *end TW*. So on 12/1 I started using the Clear Blue OPKs that give you smileys. 12/1 was low, but everyday since then has been high (the flashing smiley). So today is day 7 of ‘high’ fertility assuming it’s still high this evening. I’ve been testing twice daily, 12 hours apart. Is this potentially normal given that I started testing so early? Cervix is definitely high now but no EWCM yet. 

I’ve never used OPKs before this cycle but everything I’ve read says to start about 17 days before your next period - obviously not sure when that will come! I would have started temping right away but had to order a thermometer and wait for ultra-slow shipping. Just got my first temp today so I’ll be tracking that going forward. Just curious what others experiences are with OPKs or if anyone has any insight!

Still have my fx for all of you!!