Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO & TWW - week of Nov 28

The WTO and TWW threads are temporarily combined until we rebuild a large enough community to merit their separation. In the meantime, please use this as a space to chat about the day-to-day, commiserate about the challenges and laugh about the comedies of TTC, and to keep track of your own shifting feelings about this process. Please be aware that this community does not do symptom spotting (studies, as well as our own collective experience here, have repeatedly shown that the only meaningful symptom of pregnancy is a positive HPT). We also try to keep this thread a safe space for all regardless of where they are in their TTC, so please be mindful about references to past success, as well as of losses. Where necessary to the conversation, we encourage a TW and to use a spoiler.

Status (WTO, TWW, benched, etc.): 

Month/Cycle: 

CD (/DPO if applicable): 

What's coming up? (FW, testing, etc.): 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO & TWW - week of Nov 28

• Status (WTO, TWW, benched, etc.): WTO

Month/Cycle: 8months/7th cycle TTC

CD (/DPO if applicable): CD3

What's coming up? (FW, testing, etc.): AF ending and onto OPK/Temping

R/R: No

CS/Q: None
  • Status (WTO, TWW, benched, etc.): WTO, but this is just a practice cycle to get back into the swing of things

Month/Cycle: 0

CD (/DPO if applicable): 6

What's coming up? (FW, testing, etc.): temping, watching for fertile CM, figuring out if we want to try to BD ED or EOD 

R/R: None

CS/Q: Any suggestions for pregnancy tests? I didn’t test much when we were trying before, but I want to this time
  • Loading the player...
  • Status (WTO, TWW, benched, etc.): WTO

Month/Cycle: 23/too many to keep track

CD (/DPO if applicable): 13

What's coming up? (FW, testing, etc.): it's FW! just temping and peeing on OPKs waiting for my peak

R/R: i would like another 4 days off tbh, i think next year i'm going to do weds-mon of thanksgiving. that way i can have a day on each end... alone. lol. i am just exhausted, and MH and i stayed up way too late, and then of course he passed out immediately... and i was up until 130am. woooof.

• Happy Monday!

Status (WTO, TWW, benched, etc.): WTO

Month/Cycle: 6? 

CD (/DPO if applicable):??

What's coming up? (FW, testing, etc.):  FW 

R/R: It looks like I’m going to ovulate in the next few days. OPKs are getting darker and were high today plus EWCM. So hoping I’ll ovulate in the next few days? I wonder if the levothyroxine is helping bc this is the earliest ill O in a long time - is this a thing? Haha. 

CS/Q: 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @anniemarie887 and @wanderlustsoul - Happy Fertile window! Catch that egg!
  • Probably too early to post here but I did with my first so I’m excited to jump back in. 

Status (WTO, TWW, benched, etc.): currently benched 

Month/Cycle: —

CD (/DPO if applicable): —

What's coming up? (FW, testing, etc.): Getting IUD removed tomorrow and will start tracking/temping to see what happens. 

R/R: I have had an IUD for the past 6 years so slightly concerned of what my body will do and if it will even remember how to ovulate normally. 

CS/Q: —
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• @anniemarie887 Thanks for the suggestion!
  • It’s so nice to see this board liven up a bit!! 

I cannot tell if I ovulated or my body geared up to O and didn’t. By symptoms, CM, and OPKs, I think O was either last night or today but my OPKs usually are high then peak for longer than it was this time. I’ve had LH surges but no O before in my cycles but never with CM and O pain. I had a ton of cramps yesterday afternoon. I’ll keep testing LH just in case and also treat today like O day, I guess? 🫠🥴

• @wanderlustsoul Oooh that’s tricky. It sounds like you had O, but I think your plan makes sense, just in case. 
    @britters314 I have some of the Easy@Home brand from Amazon. They are cheap and have good reviews. 
    @AmMcc12 Good luck with your removal! I hope it goes smoothly and your body goes back to the regularly scheduled program quickly! Not quite the same, but when I went off hormonal birth control it took a few cycles for things to regulate. 

Month/Cycle: 17 months since we started trying, 3rd cycle back after a break

CD (/DPO if applicable): CD7

What's coming up? (FW, testing, etc.): FW

R/R: I wish I could let go a little more and just go with the flow, but I ovulated super early last cycle (CD11) and I wouldn’t have caught it without OPK, so I’ll probably start with the OPK again tomorrow so we don’t miss it. Also, I have an acupuncture appt today that I am really looking forward to. I always leave feeling like a new woman and I can usually keep that feeling for about 24 hours. 

CS/Q: Anyone ever tried herbal medicine for fertility? The acupuncture doc suggested we start some herbs this week, but I have never tried it before and I am nervous. 
  • Status (WTO, TWW, benched, etc.): TWW I think…AF due Friday, but I had a 62 day cycle last time, so here’s hoping for normal or a BFP.

Month/Cycle: Month 11, Cycle 7

CD (/DPO if applicable): Day 34

What's coming up? (FW, testing, etc.): Just waiting to see if I get my period and go from there.

R/R: Still can’t post anything from my computer which is really frustrating, but at least I have my phone.

CS/Q: I’ve been doing OPK the last 2 cycles and my highest so far is .63 - is that enough for ovulation or am I just getting my hopes up?
  • Status (WTO, TWW, benched, etc.): TWW

Month/Cycle: #2

CD (/DPO if applicable): day 27 - 1 DPO

What's coming up? (FW, testing, etc.):  trying to hold off on testing until the 10th! 

R/R: same on the computer posting, can only use phone. 

CS/Q: BBT was all over the place this cycle, had covid so not feeling super confident ovulated about 1-2 days late which isn’t too bad. OPKs we’re blazing peak this weekend so hopefully I actually ovulated. 

Good luck everyone ❤️
  • @britters314 I second @anniemarie887, the mommed tests on amazon are great. You can also get a multi-pack with OPKs in them as well!

@wanderlustsoul fingers crossed for ovulation soon!

@AmMcc12 good luck! I found the IUD removal so much better than insertion!

@anniemarie887 fingers crossed for you this cycle

@maggiemadeit I feel you on tracking the OPKs earlier. the one app I was using had my FW way later than it should have been and if I hadn't tested on a whim I would have totally missed my peak this cycle. 

@dmcgrew17 the bump can act super weird. I remember back in 2019 I had problems on both my phone and computer posting regularly LOL.

@stephmars13 good luck <3

Status (WTO, TWW, benched, etc.):  TWW

Month/Cycle: #2

CD (/DPO if applicable): 23/9DPO

What's coming up? (FW, testing, etc.): Testing. I've been testing since yesterday. I have 24-26 day cycles. I know I should wait the full two weeks. But I'm impatient

R/R: work is a bitch recently. Not my immediate co-workers, but other people in a different department that I have to work with. 

CS/Q: Nothing this week. Just hoping this is the cycle.
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • @sunshine134 fx!
    @britters314 good luck!
    @anniemarie887 hope you hit your peak soon! And wtf, my H does the same. Can be snoring within seconds of hitting the pillow and I’m tossing and turning for a good 30 mins. 
    @wanderlustsoul CD/DPO means cycle day/days past ovulation =)
    @AmMcc12 hope the removal went smoothly!
    @maggiemadeit I hope you catch your O! And that acupuncture did it’s job to refresh. I have not done teas but my friend did do what her acupuncturist recommended and she thought it helped her.
    @dmcgrew17 hrmm, are you bbting as well? Maybe you’re having annovulatory cycles in between regular ones. 62 days cycles would be like an annovulatory cycle followed by and O around cd 45? Did you OPK the whole time last time?
    @stephmars13 hope it’s the one!
    @stashattack boo to bitchy coworkers 

PHEW that was a lot of tags! With a mix of both familiar and new names. I hope everyone gets their Christmas (or Hanukkah or Kwanzaa) miracle =)

Month/Cycle: 22 months/ 11 months since my MC.

CD (/DPO if applicable): CD 12

What's coming up? (FW, testing, etc.): Gearing up to start BDing. If we conceive this cycle, which is highly unlikely, it’s very close to when we conceived last year. 

R/R: I wasn’t going to OPK this cycle, but I had a box from a while ago. It was a faulty box where the lines never showed up right and the ink was super light. I’ve decided to just use them since I don’t really care, but it annoys me every time when I remember how I contacted the company to complain about a faulty batch, and they told me I was wrong and they should be fine.  Grrr 

CS/Q: 

TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @bearmomma1 ugh that sucks about the OPKs. Fingers crossed for you this cycle <3
  • @bearmomma1, oh haha. I know what it means. I just have no idea on CD since I haven’t had a period yet since my m/c. 

• @bearmamma1 unfortunately the new schedule at the clinic told me 11/29 but scheduled me for 12/20 and they could not fit me in so no removal yesterday. I did get scheduled for tomorrow morning but it is not with my doc and the doc I'm scheduled with has negative reviews and no one in my town believes she should be in practice. Hopefully it’s a quick in and out (literally) and I don’t have to see her again. 
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• @bearmomma1 I haven’t been doing BBT this cycle. I’m not a good sleeper, so when I get up my temps are all over the place. I want to get something wearable to help track more regularly. I only did OPK until CD 32 last time because I typically get my period on day 36 and when I didn’t get it, I really thought I might get that BFP. 
  • anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited November 2022
    @AmMcc12 removal was A BREEZE compared to insertion, and my strings were MIA too. 

Eta: missed a word lol
  • @anniemarie887 good luck. I have a mommed strip that is mocking me with a hella faint line. So I ordered a FRER from target to test to see if I get a better read on that tonight/tomorrow, whenever I can get out to pick it up. 
  • @bearmomma1 @anniemarie887 I’m thinking of you ladies a lot this month. It will be the same for me with the due date if this cycle is successful. I still feel grateful that in that very dark moment you suggested this little corner of the internet to me  ❤️
  • @anniemarie887, we will have similar testing days. I have my gynecologist appt on December 8 so I’ll test then and see. 🤞🏽🤞🏽 FX for all of us. 

@dmcgrew17 I’d also keep using OPKs too until you get your period. My last cycle I didn’t O until CD42 or something. I would have missed it if I didn’t keep using OPKs. 

• I don't have time at the moment to respond to everyone, but it was so exciting to come and see so many new posts!!! This is great! I'll be back to post more soon!
  • *lurking* to say that if you guys keep posting so much in the WTO/TWW thread y'all may have to start doing dailies again, or maybe split up the weekly thread into WTO/TWW! i'm glad to see it. :)
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • bearmomma1bearmomma1 member
    edited December 2022
    @sunshine134 I feel like you’re part of the reason this place picked up again! I’ll say it again, you da real mvp :) 
    eta @optimistgardener i agree, we should at least split it back to wto and tww again. I remembered today at some point there was a “WYDTGKU” line, but I couldn’t remember which thread it belonged to. 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @bearmomma1 I believe the WYDTGKU was in WTO 😀
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• @dmcgrew, I've been told the numbers in the app don't really mean anything and to more rely on the lines marching to your eye. Also, some woman don't get as high a surge so they don't get the dye stealers. 

@amc12 good luck with your removal!

Happy to hear everyone is getting it done. I hope this is our cycle!

@bearmomma1 thank you! I'm glad to see the threads come to life 
  • Do y’all do anything “weird” during the TWW? 😂 

Like for me, I always keep my feet warm and make sure to wear warm socks and warm slippers. Bonus that if my feet are warm then I’m not as cold at home. It’s a weird thing I always have in my head and try to do. 😅 curious if anyone else does anything?

• @wanderlustsoul nope, i know that's a thing a lot of ppl do around IVF xfers. 
  • @wanderlust508 Not I. Just the normal stuff LOL. 
  • *lurking*

Hey @stashattack. Probably not cool to post in the dailies and on a BMB unless you have something really pertinent to add to the conversation on TTGP and do so with a lurking tag. 
  • @abjm0325 I just got my positive yesterday... I'm sorry... I didn't feel comfortable posting in the grad thread as it says you have to be active for 3 months to post in it. SO I just started posting in my due date board. I'll gracefully leave the TTPG board though...
  • @wanderlustsoul My acupuncture doc told me to keep my feet and my baby box warm, and to eat warm foods. My feet are always freezing and it’s winter where I live, so this is not easy advice to follow, but I do try! 
  • i did not anticipate the "tww" to be so mentally all-consuming after everything i've dealt with this year... but alas here i am... feeling like waiting for the next 8 or so days is going to be SO SLOW. you'd think i would have mastered some patience by now.  :D
  • @anniemarie887, it is hard! I’ve been trying to occupy myself so it goes by quickly. Being busy with work helps. The weekend is hard bc more free time so I’ll just keep myself busy. I’ll get to wrapping all of our Christmas presents. 😅😂

@maggiemadeit I wear fuzzy socks and then fleece lined slipper socks all the time because I’m always cold. My house heat is only at 18 because it’s too expensive. So I gotta layer. 

• @anniemarie887 I am with you, why is it so hard to wait?? I hope you find some good distractions! 
  • @wanderlustsoul and @anniemarie887 the TWW is so hard. No matter how many times I say to stay relaxed it never works!

I'm just over here WTOat CD8. I usually ovulate CD11 to 13 so getting closed.

On a side note, I've had a migraine for 5 days now. I ended up going to the walk in and they sent me to the ER yesterday. They did a head CT and I'm scared that will mess with my chances this month. Dr. Google said I'm good but I know I'll be thinking about it all month. Really I just need this migraine to go away. Ugh
  • @sunshine134  A head CT shouldn’t affect anything, especially if you are still WTO, so I would try not to worry about it if I were you. But I get how hard it is to not worry about every little thing. Hopefully once you O that will take some of the worry away!
  • @sunshine134 I hope you feel better soon!