Weekly Check-in Nov 28

EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team blue/pink/green:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What is at the top of your bucket list?

Re: Weekly Check-in Nov 28

• Options
    edited November 2022

EDD / Weeks + Days: 30+2

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut 

Team blue/pink/green: blue 💙

Upcoming Appointments: Dec 12 growth scan

How are you feeling?: Rough. Reflux kicked into high gear last week, and yesterday I tested positive for Covid after managing to avoid it for the last 2.5 years.

Rants/Raves: Rants: Covid is not a fun time, and we don’t even know where I picked it up. Nobody we’ve spent time with during the holiday has any symptoms at all, so it seems like it must have just been a random encounter and bad luck. Rave: My husband doesn’t have symptoms and so far has tested negative, so I’m isolating in our master suite and he’s quarantining in the rest of the house and fetching medicine and food. He’s been bringing me extra treats and supplies and leaving them outside the door, and it’s really sweet. And I know it’s controversial to some, but I’m also pretty grateful for the Covid vaccine, because I don’t want to know how miserable I would be without it.

Questions: natm

GTKY: What is at the top of your bucket list? Probably the closest I could come to a bucket list item is to visit the homes/families of international friends. Like to visit Kolkata with my close friend’s parents as guides, or to go to Paris and visit an old friend who lives there. It would be so fun to not only visit new places, but to get to see them through the eyes of people I love and care about.

• Options
    @fertile-turtle love your bucket list idea! And I hope your symptoms stay mild and you feel better soon. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days:  29+5 

Baby is the size of a(n): acorn squash or Fanny pack! Also her hand is the size of a golf ball. So tiny 🥺

Team blue/pink/green: pink! 

Upcoming Appointments: Next Monday for a routine visit and to recheck my iron levels 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Sleep is not the best. 

Rants/Raves: Rant - I inquired about getting my son into preschool where we moved and there’s 40 kids on the waitlist. I was hoping to get him in so I can rest when baby comes, but it’s looking like homeschooling for now. Probably lots of TV when she’s born and then I’ll try to get back at it when we have a good routine established. Rave - I am super thankful to not be working and be able to rest and get the apartment ready. However, part Rant, our home builders are requiring a bigger down payment than we thought and now we’re a little money stressed. Really hoping our old home will sell soon so we can not worry about finances while I’m unemployed. 

I really want to travel across the US seeing all the sights and family along the way. I mapped out a route several years ago and we never got around to it and then had my son. 

• Options
    @fertile-turtle Oh no! 🙈 I feel for you, especially after experiencing the same thing just a one month ago. It’s so frustrating being so careful after all these years. If it’s any consolation, most COVID symptoms are mild for pregnant women and Omicron strains are less likely to cause complications than the delta strain that we saw in January earlier this year. And even then, the risk of complications are low (Omicron 1.8% vs Delta 4%). I think the newest strain that came from Europe and into the east coast is another version from the original omicron strain. 

I’m glad you are vaccinated too. That will help tremendously. Unfortunately, Paxlovid is not available to pregnant patients and they will only prescribe monoclonal antibodies if the symptoms are severe.

If you are open to it, there are natural remedies to help as well. There is good evidence supporting the use of Vitamin D3 to mitigate COVID (she put me on a small stint of high doses then i tapered down to my original dosing of 4000iu daily). I also started taking the following supplements based on my midwife recommendations: Elderberry (500-1000mg daily) , ECGC 400mg daily (which is essentially the antioxidants of green tea), Vitamin A (I ate beef liver instead of taking the supplement since there is a risk for vitamin A toxicity), additional zinc (max dose of 50mg daily for 2 weeks), Quercetin 500mg twice a day, and Vitamin C doses up to bowel tolerance (2-3gm daily). I also found steaming my nose with essential oils helped with my nasal congestion (rosemary 3 drops, thyme 1 drop, and peppermint 1 drop in a bowl of hot water). Most of these recommendations are the same supplements I recommend to my non pregnant patients recovering from COVID but the dose is just different. Many of them help reduce the hyper inflammatory response COVID seems to trigger. Most of these natural remedies are not meant to be taken for the long term either. Just for the 10-14 days while recovering from the illness. I hope you feel better soon and can return to planning for your future travels.

As for travel, I totally agree with you, it’s better to visit a country where you have a trusted friend or relative to guide you and see it from their perspective. I was so lucky to have relatives to visit in Asia when I was a kid and didn’t realize how impactful that was until I was much older.
  • Options
    @ttc3y thanks for the encouragement and info! I’ll probably go ahead and up my D3 dose, since I’ve been supplementing anyway thanks to my deficiency, and vitamin C and zinc I’ve already got around the house. My midwives covered safe symptom relief, but I’m always a fan of zinc and vitamin C supplementation with any viral illness.

I’m feeling mostly ok, like a bad cold but nothing awful, but I’m a little apprehensive about both myself since I’ve always had a bad time with respiratory infections and my baby because I know there are sometimes placental issues and growth restriction after Covid infection. Fortunately I’ve already got a growth scan scheduled in 2 weeks, so we should be able to make sure he’s doing ok and my placenta is functioning normally. And he’s moving like the jumping bean he is - I know the guideline is to worry if there are fewer than 10 movements in 2 hours, but when I lay down, he generally hits 20 movements within 15 minutes and that’s been consistent yesterday and today 😂. It’s not the most restful, but I love knowing he’s ok.
  • Options
    @fertile-turtle, I hope you recover quickly! I had COVID twice in my first trimester after avoiding it all this time. I saw that it was mentioned that Paxlovid is not available to pregnant patients. I was recommended and took Paxlovid the first time that I got COVID. I was probably around 10 weeks pregnant. I’m not sure if the recommendation differs between trimesters, but I was told the potential risks of Paxlovid during pregnancy are much smaller than the risk of COVID symptoms. Honestly, I felt like I was dying and cried in bed all day everyday until I took the medicine.

I’m not at all recommending that you take it. And, if your symptoms are mild (especially after being boosted), it’s probably not needed. I just wanted to share the information that Paxlovid was available to me while pregnant.
  • Options
    @karbaud my midwives did offer it to me but they also recommended against it unless my symptoms worsen in the next 2 days because right now they’re mild, like not even a fever just congestion and a little fatigue. If I had bad symptoms or was higher risk, I’d definitely have taken them up on it! I’m sorry you had it so bad, though - that would have been miserable, especially in the first trimester when everything else is already so miserable. And then to go through it twice, oof!

Preexisting conditionals are also the reasons I’m isolating from my husband - he’s been hypertensive for years and has asthma, and he certainly qualifies as more high-risk. Besides being pregnant, I’m pretty low risk, and I’m hoping it follows that low risk course 🤞
  • Options
    My husband managed to avoid it the first time that I had it. We did the same thing. I was locked away in the master bedroom and he had the rest of the house. He wore a mask too. I hope your husband avoids it too.

The second time around, my husband was the first to experience symptoms. We both tested the same day and were both positive. I’m glad we got our boosters recently. I’d hate to get it again. It’s just bad luck sometimes.

Good luck, and get some rest!
  • Options
    @fertile-turtle Feel better soon! & that’s so sweet of your husband 😍 

@amccurls the mapped out road trip sounds lovely. Hopefully you’ll be able to go sometime. 

EDD / Weeks + Days: 29w

Baby is the size of a(n): Acorn Squash

Team blue/pink/green: blue 💙

Upcoming Appointments: 4D ultrasound next Thursday 

How are you feeling?: overall good. I’ve had some pain in my right hip. My OB gave some recommendations on how to help alleviate it so I’ll try those. I also scheduled a massage 😍 

Rants/Raves: Rave: We met the pediatric cardiologist today and the coordinator and loved them. Also, I passed my glucose test today so I’m thankful that’s just one less thing to have to worry about. 

Questions: none currently

Currently, hiking in Utah is at the top of my list. I just love being outdoors with my family. 

• Options
    @itsjess627 I would love to see a 4D if you get a good face picture 😍
    also, I want to hike Utah so bad!! It looks beautiful. 
  • Options
    @itsjess627 I’m glad you love your team! It’s good to have people you trust taking care of your little guy when he gets here, and it sounds like he’ll be in very good hands.
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 29 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): acorn squash

Team blue/pink/green: green

Upcoming Appointments: growth scan on Dec 5

How are you feeling?: super down today.  I’m so burnt out from all the nausea, heartburn, pelvic pain, etc. I can hardly eat more than a couple of bites without feeling sick and overly full.  Just a real negative Nancy today 

Rants/Raves:  also they called today and I failed my 1 hour glucose test. I missed their cut off by one.  So now I have to do the 3 hour. Thankfully they are letting me do it at the hospital where I work so I don’t have to waste half a day of pto to do it. 

Rave is we finally decorated for Christmas and that helps a little with my mood. 

Questions: nope

GTKY: What is at the top of your bucket list? I just want to take a trip with my husband somewhere. We didn’t get to travel when we first got married because we didn’t have the funds and then we started having kids. We were going to go somewhere this fall to celebrate 10 years of being together but the pregnancy interrupted that because I need to save pto.  Someday hopefully….

• Options
    @amccurls What are your top three places you want to see on your road trip?

@itsjess627 - Utah is gorgeous. I’ve only been to Salt Lake City but I could tell there are some really great gems of nature there. I’ve seen amazing pictures of Zion National Park. 

@angbaby83 I hope you can find ways to help you feel more comfortable through this pregnancy. Experiencing all of those symptoms at once would probably put a damper on my mood too. But I’m glad the holiday spirit is lifting you up! 😊

@karbaud Good to know that some practices are offering paxlovid. I guess my symptoms were so mild that it was not recommended.

EDD / Weeks + Days:  27 w + 3d

Baby is the size of a(n): Cauliflower or head of lettuce

Team blue/pink/green: 💚

Upcoming Appointments: Routine visit with midwife next week. I have been upgraded to seeing her every two weeks now. Hello 3rd trimester! 

How are you feeling? Overall good but starting to see glimpses of discomfort that comes with 3rd trimester such has occasional pain when peeing because the baby is pushing on my bladder 😳

Rants/Raves: 

Rave: Nesting happened in full force with our household over the Thanksgiving weekend. I’m grateful for the time and energy my husband and I are putting into rearranging and preparing the home for the new baby. We took advantage of the Black Friday sales and continued to decorate and organize various rooms in our home.  

Rant/ Rave: I’ve been closely following my blood glucose and even with my best effort to manage with diet and exercise, my fasting blood sugar is not remaining in the levels it needs to be. I think I have to succumb to taking medication. But hopefully the oral meds will be enough and I can stay under midwifery care. If I can control my blood sugar, she is willing to allow expectant management which is a huge relief for me.

Building a family! I’ve felt the calling to be a mom since I was a teenager and made career choices to accommodate for that potential future. I knew I wouldn’t have a family unless I found the right spouse and I didn’t meet him until later in life. So I’m happy to have this dream finally realized but definitely nervous about the change. I really loved my life as a single woman and my current as a wife with no kids. It will be an interesting evolution to see what happens when the baby arrives. 

• Options
    seeds_of_joyseeds_of_joy member
    edited November 2022

EDD / Weeks + Days: 28 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): 🍆

Team blue/pink/green: 💗

Upcoming Appointments: next Tuesday I see my midwife 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! I saw my chiropractor yesterday and she's amazing at putting things back together 

Rants/Raves: rave:my husband had is stitches out and is healing wonderfully from his mesh removal surgery. I'll be back home full time in just a couple weeks. I did enjoy my job while it lasted though.

Questions:natm

GTKY: What is at the top of your bucket list?I don't really have a bucket list ..it's more like actual plans and at the top is to get a country home where we can raise our children without having to worry much about scary dogs and heroin needles on playgrounds. We hope to grow and raise our own food and then some and let our dog run around in a big fenced in area. Not sure if this will become reality so I suppose it could be considered a bucket list item. More short term, I want to learn to how to macrame. 🤷‍♀️Crafting goals are important too.

• Options
    @fertile-turtle I hope you feel better soon!!! 

@amccurls good thing there isn't much to preschool. And yes, tv comes in handy. I started homeschooling my oldest at 3, right after I had my 3rd baby was born. We mainly focused on reading books together and for some crazy reason we thought it necessary to teach him how to read at 3. He did learn but it took him a few years to love it. That's not how I roll anymore. (My 6 year old is struggling with reading).  I think it'll turn out to be a blessing that you have yours home with you now even though it's not always easy having 2 small children all the time. 

@angbaby83 I love your bucket list idea! I can relate. We were married and right away seemed to have 5 kids the next day. Therefore, we call each other "Mama" and "Dada". It would be nice to travel with your husband and experience that honeymoon stage that got skipped a little. ☺️

• Options
    @ttc3y top 3 is hard, but I’d say Utah is number 1, then Wyoming and Arizona. So definitely the west. I want to see / hike Yellowstone, Mt. Zion National Park, and Glacier National Park. And if Alaska were drivable, that’d be number 1 haha 

@seeds_of_joy somehow his preschool before we moved managed to teach him all his letters and sounds, rhyming words, segmenting sounds, and blending CVC words together. So he’s beyond his pre-k peers and somehow loves reading (I hated it as a kid). I really don’t want him to lose it by next August so I’ll keep working on those skills and identifying numbers 13-20. I just left my kindergarten teaching job to move here so I know he’s kinda ahead of the game and I could do none of it but the teacher in me wants to keep pushing him 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
  • Options
    @amccurls sounds like he has a great start!  I think any 3 year old who can learn those skills won't be losing them. You'll just naturally be teaching him as you go because you already have so much experience as a teacher. It also seems firstborn children have a drive about them to learn. The hardest part is keeping a driven preschooler occupied while you try to rest. 😂
  • Options
    @seeds_of_joy I’m sure I’ll be an exhausted mess! But it’ll all be worth it 🥰
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: Feb 1st - 31w

Baby is the size of a(n): A bunch of Asparagus, or a coconut

Team blue/pink/green: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Regular biweekly appt next week.

How are you feeling?: Huge. Baby has dropped and has his head resting right on my cervix, so I can feel him knocking against my pelvis every step I take. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: We have moved forward with getting a lot of stuff together! My hospital bag is almost all packed, we got the bassinet, car seat, and am almost done getting the nursery ready. We had a spare bedroom that DS is going to move into, and the baby will move into DS's current room. Rant: I think I might have lost my mucus plug, and I have to contact my midwife about it. It was hard because it was over the whole day, and not at once, but I had some mucusy/pink tinged discharge in the shower last night, so I have to let them know I think/

Questions: Nada

GTKY: What is at the top of your bucket list? I want to take a trip to Egypt. I want to see the pyramids and just submerge in the culture over there.

Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    @tessiesmom26 in your previous pregnancy, did you lose your mucus plug early? Mine sheds but everytime I've lost it and it was pink was the day I went into labor. I know everyone isn't like that though.
  • Options
    @seeds_of_joy I don't remember loosing it last time to be honest. It would have had to have been gradual or not at all, or I just don't remember at all lol.
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    @tessiesmom26 well hopefully that little one stays in the oven for a couple more months. ☺️
  • Options
    karbaudkarbaud member
    edited December 2022

EDD / Weeks + Days: 30 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Zucchini 

Team blue/pink/green: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Routine checkup on December 7

How are you feeling?: Eh. I’m super sore this week from lots of activity. I struggle to breathe quite a bit. I’m experiencing pelvic pain and waddling each time that I stand up to walk. I also seem to have to pee every single time I stand up. I’m also just huge!

Rants/Raves: It’s been a really rough week for me mentally knowing how much will change when the baby is born. My husband has been super supportive, and he can pick me up when I’m down and being pessimistic. My family has been asking when we’d want them to visit. We made the decision to wait until the baby is one month, which gives me time to recover and us time to bond with the baby and develop a routine.

Questions: Do you have any favorite pregnancy podcasts?

GTKY: What is at the top of your bucket list? I don’t really have a bucket list. I’d love to retire early to allow myself to turn my hobbies into income. I think that early retirement plan went out the window when we decided to have a kid. I’d love to explore more national parks.

• Options
    @karbaud I probably sound like a broken record but I enjoy the Evidenced Based Birth podcasts. I’ve also started listening to the Lovery podcast to learn more about child development and parenting. However, I don’t know if that is the best podcast to listen to for child development and parenting. I’m open to other recommendations.
  • Options
    Just in case anyone else comes down with Covid in these last few months, you should know that Paxlovid can increase your heart rate and blood pressure. For me, it seems to last about 90 minutes after a dose, and wouldn’t have been too bad except that I took my morning dose yesterday with coffee and suddenly had a resting heart rate of 134 and BP 145/101 🤦‍♀️. The nurses’ line for my midwives sent us to L&D to be checked out, and everything returned to normal pretty quickly. The on call OB said she’s seen this a lot and since it’s transient and (for me at least) not reaching dangerous levels, we went home and I’m still on it. But I figured I’d share so maybe I can save anyone else from that specific anxiety, and from the mistake of taking it with caffeine and making it worse.
  • Options
    @fertile-turtle so sorry you went through that.  I hope you're feeling better.  I had Covid back at the end of July but it wasn't too bad.  My husband also had it but much worse and took Paxlovid.  He already takes medication for high blood pressure so he said that he hated how he felt on Paxlovid but he said it was better than not taking it.

EDD / Weeks + Days: 27 + 6

Baby is the size of a(n): Lettuce and Jelly shoes! Yay! lol

Team blue/pink/green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Dec 6th for growth scan

How are you feeling?: Heartburn is getting worse and I’m on an iron supplement that says I can’t take antacids with it.  Might have to call the Dr before my appointment.

Rants/Raves: Rave: My parents decided to buy the crib for us.  This is the first big purchase and we can pick it up anytime before Saturday.

Questions: None

GTKY: What is at the top of your bucket list?  I also don’t really have a bucket list.  I think the closest thing would be that I want to get my mom to Italy someday.  Her father came to the US from Italy when he was 18 and she has always wanted to go see where he grew up.  I would also like to go as I have never been out of the country but to me it’s more important that she get to have that experience.

• Options
    @kamays54 thanks. It wasn’t fun but I’m also glad that everyone we interacted with was reassuring and that we weren’t dismissed or anything. And halfway through the course of  Paxlovid, I’m fever-free and mostly symptom-free so it’s been worth it. I’m sorry your husband had such a rough time with it; mine also has high blood pressure which is why we have a cuff in the first place, but so far he hasn’t gotten it.

Also for the heartburn and iron supplement: I’d definitely go ahead and call them, or call a pharmacist if that’s more convenient because they know drug interactions well. Heartburn is miserable, and at least for me, it messed with my sleep pretty badly last weekend, which made everything else worse, too, so it was worth it for me to call even in the off hours of a holiday weekend so I could finally rest.

The issue with iron supplements and antacids is that the antacids reduce the absorption of the iron if you take them at the same time, but you can (usually) take them the same day, just at least an hour or 2 apart to maximize the absorption of the iron. Definitely check with your OB office first, though.
  • Options
    @fertile-turtle thanks for the info.  The heartburn has been waking me up the past few nights and I was not getting enough sleep as it was.  I called the Dr about something else (nothing super important) yesterday and the day before and they haven't gotten back to me which is unusual so I think I'll ask the pharmacy I go to.
  • Options
     EDD / Weeks + Days: 28w + 5! 

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant 🍆 

Team blue/pink/green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: December 12th! 

How are you feeling?: tired, but what’s new!? I feel big when trying to get up or out of bed but then other times I feel so small still!

Rants/Raves: rave- I had my baby shower this weekend and it was so fun! Also so nice to feel like we have everything now! And I guess that goes with my rant- we still haven’t received our crib…we ordered in august and knew there would be a delay but it’s getting annoying! It was supposed to be here in October, then it changed to end of November. I noticed yesterday it had a delivery date of today but never showed😕 now it just says “arriving”- like that helps anything! Customer service hasn’t been much help and they haven’t been able to provide me a tracking number or any additional details! Just the very little info they provide from the “my orders” tab on the website. Im glad I’m impatient and ordered it early haha

Questions: I see everyone getting growth scans! Did you ask your doctor for this or was this something they scheduled? I asked my doctor about it at my last appointment and he said I won’t be getting another scan at all. Which made me a little nervous because I noticed she was measuring a week ahead at the anatomy scan. Is this normal? Should I press to have one done and when should it be? 

GTKY: What is at the top of your bucket list? I don’t have an actual bucket list. But we do have a list of places to travel! I think my most basic would be to Greece and somewhere to see the northern lights! But my husband also has always wanted to go to Hungary and to see the Black Sea. 

• Options
    @paigemm23 this is my first baby so I'm not sure if the growth scan is "standard" now but I have had more ultrasounds than "normal" because I'm high risk. I'm 37 and on medication for high blood pressure.  Plus I took the NIPT test and got a no result on Monosomy X and we didn't want to do further testing.  If she does have some form of Monosomy, it could affect her growth so it could also be that.  I've had 4 ultrasounds already and the growth scan will be the 5th.  The Dr also mentioned that once I start going once a week I will have an ultrasound every time.  So if you're not high risk and the Dr isn't concerned about the anatomy scan I probably wouldn't worry too much about it.
  • Options
    @paigemm23 yeah, this is my 2nd and I’ve never had a growth scan. I believe it’s only for high risk pregnancies. 
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 27+5

Baby is the size of a(n): bunch of bananas... Which seems like a large variation hahaha

Team blue/pink/green: blue

Upcoming Appointments: well it was supposed to be Tuesday, but moved it to Friday because I have freaking covid

How are you feeling?: COVID wise, not too bad. Achy, headache, cough. I just feel bad because my family has tested negative so my husband has to do everything, and we keep having snow days, and run our own business... So he's overwhelmed. 

But pregnancy wise I'm fine. A little achy but that's all

Rants/Raves: COVID COVID COVID. 

Questions: nope

GTKY: What is at the top of your bucket list? I've traveled a lot, but we would really like to take our daughter to Norway. We've already been there but our family history is there and it's just stunning. Is it a bucket list item though? I don't know! I'll have to think more about that. 

• Options
    @paigemm23 a growth scan isn’t standard, but many of us have one or more risk factors. For example, my pre-pregnancy weight put me just over the cutoff for a BMI of 31, which warrants a little extra monitoring in the form of a single additional ultrasound, so I had one at 7 weeks, one at 18, and now I’ll have one last one at 32. Other conditions that would mean more scans are age over 35, gestational diabetes, hypertension, taking certain types of medications, abnormal weight gain or fundal height (both higher and lower than normal), etc. So if you don’t meet any of those conditions, there’s no need for another ultrasound. 

@nwshay I can commiserate on the Covid complaint. Fortunately for my husband right now, we don’t have any other kids, but trying to isolate is driving me nuts and I’m still symptomatic and still testing positive after almost a week. Hopefully we’ll both be past it soon.
  • Options
    @nwshay hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    @nwshay boo to Covid. Hope you clear quickly and get back on track. 

@paigemm23 echoing others you get more scans only if there are risk factors that affect growth. I’m old so I think that’s why they are having me do one.  

As for me update on my glucose test saga. I tried to do my 3 hour test at my hospital lab and only after they poked me twice did they tell me they didn’t have the glucose drink available so I couldn’t do the test there.  Don’t know why they didn’t start with that. So I had to take time off work to do it and I’ve now been poked so many times my arms are full of bruises and needle marks 😫  but I passed and the three hours didn’t make me nearly as sick as the one hour. I got three hours to myself and just read my book. Could have done without all the needles though. 
  • Options
    Thank you @fertile-turtle @amccurls and @angbaby83

I actually think I've had it for a few days and should have tested sooner. I see to be feeling a little better today than yesterday. Husband has officially tested positive as well, so now we don't know what to do with our negative testing 5 year old! I feel like she probably brought it home from school, and possibly had it last week, but no idea and want to avoid her getting it. Wtf are we supposed to do?? Mask up in the house? Idk man. 
  • Options
    @nwshay I hope you feel better soon too!

Both my husband and I masked up in the house with high quality masks (KN95s) when I was sick with COVID in early November. He was able to avoid getting sick with it. Do your best. That’s all you can do. 

@fertile-turtle Thank you for sharing the blood pressure and heart rate side effect with Paxlovid. I did not know that and the people I know who have taken it have not complained about cardiac symptoms. I have seen some cases of rebound COVID post Paxlovid though but none of the people who experienced it was pregnant. 
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for answering my question about the growth scan!! There’s too many to tag you all but that helps ease my mind a bit.💕
  • Options
    @ttc3y it’s not a massive increase, but the combination of Paxlovid and caffeine was a lot. I took my blood pressure before and after the next few doses that I took without my coffee (because apparently that’s what a researcher stuck outside of the lab does 😂) and found an increase in heart rate of around 20 bpm and an increase in blood pressure between 10-15 mmHg both systolic and diastolic, both of which return to normal within 2 hours of onset. So it’s nothing too crazy, but I felt it was worth knowing about since it gave us a bit of a scare.

At this point I’m not worried about a rebound case because I’ve got 1 more dose tomorrow morning and I’m still testing positive, so there’s nothing to rebound from. I would love to test negative and be able to get back to work on Monday, because burning my sick leave right now isn’t great for my maternity leave plans, and because I need something to focus on besides my own vitals and the continued measles outbreak in Ohio.
  • Options
    @fertile-turtle It took me about 10-11 days to reach COVID negative twice on the rapid test to finally return to society. I think I spent most of my time in quarantine researching stuff for the baby or reading books to prepare for the baby. 😂 All of this baby preparation has felt like a 2nd job already! Are you able to arrange to work from home in the meantime and not burn through your maternity leave?