Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing & Treatment 11/14

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ballgame. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation.

Diagnosis (if you've been):

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):

How are things going?:

Any questions?:

GTKY: Do you usually stay local or travel for Thanksgiving Holiday?
TTC History:
Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
Due date was Nov 2020
DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
TTC: March 2021
IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

Re: IF Testing & Treatment 11/14

• Diagnosis (if you've been): PCOS

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): TI

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Gonal-F, ovidrel, Endometrin

How are things going?: things are okay. I talked with my therapist this weekend about missing my FW. I mentioned that I had thought about doing IUI if we ran into this issue again and she suggested just doing it regardless. That way we can take the pressure off of TI. So I’m supposed to call my RE today to go over my blood work results (all the testing for my RPL) and I think I’ll mention the issue from this cycle and see if we can plan to do IUI next cycle.

Any questions?: natm

GTKY: Do you usually stay local or travel for Thanksgiving Holiday? We travel to my ILs for Thanksgiving. They’re only an hour and a half away though so it’s not bad for traveling.  

• Already heard back from my RE. I did test positive for the prothrombin gene which means I’m at higher risk for blood clots. Hopefully that’s the reason for my RPL. And they’re fine with doing IUI next cycle so that’s the plan.
  • Loading the player...
  • @gingermama29 will they now do anything different if you get pregnant again? I hope the IuI takes the pressure off your H.

Diagnosis (if you've been): retired ovaries, LPD

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): TI while we wait for IVF with DE in the new year.

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): nothing special. I’m 8 DPO and will be testing on Friday. 

How are things going?: they’re going. Nothing exciting really. 

Any questions?: nope

GTKY: Do you usually stay local or travel for Thanksgiving Holiday? We’ve been hosting the last few years (aside from 2020) so we’ll be staying at home and hosting again! 
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @bearmomma1 for now, I keep taking baby aspirin daily. Once pregnant, I’ll be doing shots of lovenox which is an anticoagulant and prevents the more serious blood clots that I’m at risk for. Only real concern I have is that epidurals are apparently really dangerous with lovenox. But that’s way future gingermama’s problem.
  • @gingermama29 *TW LC* bff has APS, was on lovenox entire pregnancy. taken off at like 37 weeks, induced at 39, and then put back on with a taper off plan for 6 weeks.
  • @anniemarie887 yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! So excited for you! But also a little annoyed for you as well, like what if you never had it? Ugh, oh well, it is what it is and time to move forward! Sounds like you've got all your ducks in a row. And yea, hosting is intense! But we ask everyone to bring a side dish and/or appetizer. So it really helps cut down on the cooking time! But it's still definitely a lot of work. I'm definitely starting to stress over it, because for some reason I just can't get myself to focus long enough to come up with a solid game plan. meh, at least we have our turkeys already. (yes 2 turkeys: we smoke one and bake one :))
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• *lurking*

@anniemarie887 I’m so happy for you! That’s amazing news!! *TW MC* I am having the same feels about this upcoming cycle, knowing the timing will be the same as our last loss. I hope it can all go smoothly for you moving forward ❤️
  • ***lurkity lurk lurk***

@anniemarie887 that is amazing news. I'm so happy for you. I hope you get your BFP and that this cycle is as stress free as possible. 

I am hosting Thanksgiving for the first time this year (I'm 36), and I am SCARED! I just know I'm going to burn everything and then we'll just have hot dogs. LOL
  • fabulous news, @anniemarie887 !
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • @bearmomma1 i know, part of me is like so wtf? but i can't live in that space, i'll drive myself crazy if i do. that's smart about helping! if i was hosting i would be the lazy person putting in a giant catering order! lol 
    @maggiemadeit thank you, and gah, hoping the absolute best for the both of us
    @sunshine143 thank you so much! also, i mean i like hot dogs... 
    @optimistgardener thanks!! 
  • Incredible news @anniemarie887!! From what I understand, the CD138 shows inflammatory markers normally associated with endometritis, so a negative ALICE could mean 1. the inflammation is coming from something else, 2. the pathogen is not one of the 9 or 10 common strains that the Alice test normally covers, 3. it really did go away this last time? or 4. none of the above. Either way, this is a win and is worthy of celebration!! Yess for being off the bench! 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 yea, that is basically what my RE said when we did the biopsy for ALICE. she has said let's go forth and try, i guess i'm not sure what else would be done to try and sort out what could be causing inflammation?!
  • Another month, another BFN. Not too surprised but still disappointed. Still hoping for that last minute miracle of naturally conceiving before heading into donor egg territory.. I used progesterone again this cycle as I started spotting at 2 DPO. I’m know progesterone isn’t hurting anything, but I’m curious what my body would do on its own..another period at like 16 days into my cycle? I’m thinking I might just see what happens next cycle without anything else extra.  
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• @bearmomma1 big hug, i'm sorry friend.
  • @anniemarie887 crossing everything for you for this cycle. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*